Fright Night of the Geeks

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by *WisdomTree*, Oct 25, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Just like any buff in the game that reduces time, you need to activate it BEFORE harvesting. The Arcade Cabinet functions like a stable. You need to activate the buff before harvesting so that when you feed it the pumpkin-man cartridge, the time is reduced.

The same works for harvest buffs for the trees. Activate BEFORE harvest to get more pixel fruits.

If you use them after harvesting, it will have no impact and you will have lost its benefit as the buffs only work for an hour.

If you are still confused, let us know!

2. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Forum Commissioner

If I understand You, Arcade Cabinet boosters have to use BEFORE harvest, yes.
    and that means => more effect (halv the time) when You use it just after EARLIER HARVEST, longer time -> more to halv ?
    and I have not pumpkin-man cartridges yet, so:

Question 1 = I think right time to use booster is: Arcade Cabinet(s) shows 21h35min, I use water -> it goes 17h+something and THEN use booster -> it goes down to 8,5 hours ? Right or wrong time to use those boosters?
    I mean if there is (exp.) time is 6hour 30 mins, when using booster, that effects -> 3 hour 15 min ? or no effect at all? OR: have I use booster, when there is "normal mark, that You can harvest" or when there is time in left on the meter (what any time 21h35 or 17h or 8h or 4h)?

Question2 :) = there is 3 arcade Cabinets, need I 1 or 3 boosters if/and I want all 3 reduced time to halv. So effects 1 booster to all 3 cabinets or not (3 AC´s needs to use 3 booster)?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
    Nordais likes this.
  3. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

response to question 1: booster must be used before harvesting the Pixel Tree for it to work and the Cabinet booster must be used before feeding it a pumpkin-man cartridge, else it will have no effect. Once you have fed the Cabinet with 1 pumpkin-man cartridge the booster will not have effect. The right way is : activate booster 50% time Cabinet, feed pumpkin-man cartridge, so you will see that the harvesting time for the cabinet will be 12 hours instead of 24 hours, water will lower the time by 20% more and for players that have the 10% faster stall in the Tree of Wisdom that is activated it will also reduce the harvesting time of the Arcade Cabinet.

response to question 2: activating 1 booster will affect all cabinets or tree. The Cabinet booster is equal as the same effect as a Valentine Pot as on animal stalls.

4. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I just tried to do the first donation, hoping that the excess would be put against the next donation - wrong! So I wasted the best part of a Pixel Heart. :cry:

Anyway, with the help of everyone here (thank you) and re-reading the FAQs, I think I have the gist of it .. but it is so complicated for what should be such a simple - :p - event.

I will follow Dumbunny's advice and just do what I can: try to remember to use (and win) the right buffs at the right time and try to enjoy the event!:wuerg:

5. Nuubi-Joonas2210

what means "feed pumpkin-man cartridge" ? I don´t have so named "thing"?

I don´t see anywhere (event playfield, barn etc.) those cartridges? Where are those, if not invisible...? (now 2h 16 mins to get known alla things to do right!)

Is "pumpkin-man cartridge" that reward from leveles 8 and 12? Or something else... this is NOT easy for me... In the beginning I "harvest" those Arcade cabinets and "FEED" them but I´m not sure if I use som "pumpkin-man cartridge" or something else?

When I know what is "pumpkin-man cartridge" I know how to use it, after the booster is activated AND yes I know now that 1 booster is enough to all 3 Arcade Cabinets...

so POOR Me... :eek::oops::cry:

anki74, MeadowCrossing and Nordais like this.
  6. -Niknar-

-Niknar- Padavan

You have to make pumpkin-man cartridge in the mill to feed the Arcade Cabinets

7. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Forum Overlooker

Mill Pumpkin-man cartridges, you'll need pixel fruits (product of pixel tree) and virtual pumpkins (event plant). It is feed for Arcade Cabinets. Arcade Cabinet is event "stall". We were given some of that feed in event start, but you will run out that feed soon, if you do not mill more.
    I can see amount of those Pumpkin-man cartridges only in Mill.

anki74, MeadowCrossing and Nordais like this.
  8. TommyBurns

TommyBurns Active Author

Thank you Nordais that helped a LOT.

I had some appointments this morning and I feel I've totally messed up today's efforts so I hopefully I'll get in a better rhythm tomorrow. It's a little bit complicated but that's OK, I'll be happy with however far I can get and I like that we have a new type of event.
    Good luck to all
    TB :D

Flower, MeadowCrossing and Nordais like this.
  9. adelin88

adelin88 Forum Apprentice

This sound like very complicated game to play. Can anyone guide me how to play this game? Or I should skip this game? I don't want to crack my brain for complicated game.

MeadowCrossing, Moraine and Nordais like this.
  10. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

https://board-pl.farmerama.com/attachments/animacja-gif.70868/
    WisdomTree shared how to play the mini game with a detailed visual in its first post. What you need to pay attention to in the game is that it turns green when placing the books. If it turns red, it means it is wrong. If all the books you place turn green, the game ends. I hope my explanation helps.

11. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Thanks to "Nordais", "-Niknar-" and "-Päärynä11" for Your Advises!!!

1) now I can, and get production-time 8h 39min (include water efect) and milled also 3 more "feed" to the next round of feeding.
    2) and same method to Pixel Trees, use booster (just) before collect, then the time is halv, 5 hours I think, or I get 12 instead of 6 !

Effects NOT stacked BUT can I use BOTH +6 and -50% time effect same time to Pixel Trees? (if I have both bonuses in my Yellow Arrow area in the left side)

dumbunny, anki74 and Nordais like this.
  12. -Päärynä11

You can use both of them.

Flower, dumbunny, anki74 and 3 others like this.
  13. sapeli

sapeli Junior Expert

Thanks to ALL - I get it... and get that 8h 39min time too to AC´s

By hands, I think best combo plots is: 28 big, 5 middle and 12 small size, thinking manure to use! (By CPU there will be 28+4+14)

dumbunny, MeadowCrossing and Nordais like this.
  14. -Päärynä11

I have 31 big, 0 middle and 10 small plots. Trees and cabinets are middle size items and you can move them to another place.

Nordais, MeadowCrossing and sapeli like this.
  15. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

I'm not enjoying this event. Too many parts, items and buffs that all just blurs into mush and I don't care enough to figure out what is what. The mini game is fine, graphics are nice as usual. I understand in order to get the cloud I need to pay attention to buffs and such, but I think I will practice on lettin go. I don't need to finish everything, I don't even need to do everything. I'll treat this as a pure Grow& Throw

*humming Elsa's Let it Go* :music:Good luck everybody :D

16. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Count Count

I think I get it. For the arcade, we harvest, then clean the mess, then activate the booster, then feed. I did that this morning and it shortened the time to next 'harvest'.

So we only get to play the game twice a day unless we buy more tickets? Wow, now I see why it's so important to choose the right booster.

Also, that any extra points donated do not carry over to the next level and there's no 'warning' is just another thing to keep in mind in addition to all the other things I'm trying to remember. Certainly is giving the old grey cells a real cardio-workout! :D

I am doing my best to remember it's just a game, a good exercise, and not worry about doing it all. Too much thought and time needed for me to do all that as I will not let the game get in the way of RL (any more than it already does!)

Good luck to all and thanks to everyone for posting questions and answers...it really helps. :inlove:

Question: On the reward bar, it looks like we need 20,000 for 2x Party tickets, but when I click on the magnifying glass, it looks like we need 25,000 points. Which is it? Or, am I reading it wrong?

Flower, dumbunny, Moraine and 2 others like this.
  17. snatchsquad

snatchsquad Someday Author

30, 1 , 12 I think :)

18. -Päärynä11

It is 20,000. Magnifying glass shows total points, step1+step2 together. Step3 requires only 18,000, not 43,000.

19. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Well, my 3 participating farms are humming along with this event. I have decided that we need more of the pixel heart buffs than the tree buffs.

I'm about to get dressed for the "Ghouls & Goblins" show today. 4 a.m. came way too early this morning. Stupid alarm. I'll be wearing my best witchy outfit. Which is to say that I'll look like I normally do plus a little witch hat. Bwahaha.

Something odd that I noticed this morning is that we have over 270 hours remaining of Moonlight Mania. Hmmmm. Was originally supposed to end on November 1st. Now it runs another week or so? What do the developers have up their sleeve. I can hardly wait.

20. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

Best field we can achieve is 31 2x2 and 10 1x1 plots

Flower likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.