Fright Night of the Geeks

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by *WisdomTree*, Oct 25, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Count Count

Official Forum Announcement: New end date is Wed, 08 Nov. at 22:00 due to MM event! :D

Mooboy, dumbunny, Flower and 3 others like this.
  2. Flower

Flower Regular

Hi, guys, thanks a lot for the invaluable tips :inlove:I also have very old brain cells. :(:cry:

At this point I have 12 hearts. Do you honestly think I have a chance of grabbing the row?

Nordais, Mooboy and MeadowCrossing like this.
  3. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Hi Flower :)
    Have you already made donations? Do you have pumpkins or pixel tree fruit to donate besides your 12 hearts? We are not quite half way through the event. The amount needed in donations for the cloud row is 183,500. If you are close to half that, then you may be alright.

We have approximately 97/152 hours in the event remaining.

I have donated through the 5 BB prize (approx 103k) and closing in on the Piccolo box. I think I will reach the cloud row but still not certain about finishing.

Does anyone else want to share their progress so we can double check how we are doing?

4. Flower

Flower Regular

Thanks, puppies, I think this ship has sailed for me. :sleepy:

5. puppiesnponies

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Maybe this is just 'practice' and next time it will go better. :)

Flower, Nordais, Mooboy and 1 other person like this.
  6. MeadowCrossing

I have 16,336 of 19,000 and am trying to hit the donated amount right on the nose or very close. For the Pixel Tree giver, I managed that using a combo of the three items. It's quite the balancing act and I've my calculator next to me trying different options. No idea how far I'll get and I'm not making special effort (i.e., get up at night to harvest!); I set a timer during the day so I can jump in and harvest what's ready. Making donations slowly and check amount before donating. If I only use hearts, many points seem to be wasted.

I wonder if they give us three donatable items to let us 'test' our math skills in the same way they give us three bookshelves to organize! :D

Flower, Nordais, Mooboy and 2 others like this.
  7. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

I've pulled out of this event, it's just too complicated for the amount of time I have available right now. I lost all day due to unforeseen circumstances, so there's really no point in trying to catch up. Good luck to those who are doing it, I hope it is more treat than trick for you! :D

8. istanboy

istanboy Forum Inhabitant

There's a lot to read through here, so maybe it's been mentioned...

One of the rewards is a Pixel tree (+)

I have passed that reward, but I don't see where to use it.
    It doesn't show up in my barn when I search.

Am I missing something?
    Thank you in advance for any help.

Nordais likes this.
  9. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Forum Overlooker

You should find it from you decorations inventory.

10. EdynohE

EdynohE Forum Apprentice

When I look at the requested amounts, I think I will not be able to complete the game. I can collect 9 hearts a day and that's about 36k. Am I making a miscalculation somewhere?

MeadowCrossing likes this.
  11. istanboy

istanboy Forum Inhabitant

Thank you - strange as when I searched "pixel" it did not show up. I went through looking manually to find it.
    It's actually called "Beneath the pixel tree"

12. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I will do what i can with this event, as will be busy with with Friends for Long Halloween Weekend :D:D

I have worked out the Mini Game, Try my best to use this buffs more effective but very likely leave playing field idle at times :wuerg::wuerg:

IMPORTANT NOTE Step 11 you need 10 Panda Coins :p:p These are required for the next MM Event, this is why MM Timer has been extended until 8th November

Keep your Spooky Eyes Peeled for FAQ of Next MM Event:wuerg::wuerg::wuerg:

13. puppiesnponies

FAQ says the panda coins are for the next edition of this event mechanic so I don't think they will be used soon. ;):)

"The Panda Coins won during this event, will be booked to players at end of Event. They will be used to buy special prizes from the Event Shop during the next itineration of this event mechanic."

14. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

When receiving a giver with charge, just use + in the search tab and it will pop right up! ;)

Harvesting 9 Pixel Hearts in one day is not possible, the Arcade Cabinet time goes down to 8h40 when using the Cabinet Booster + water, so that means the harvests would be 00h00, 8h40, 17h20 and 02h00, 10h40, etc. The first day would work but after that everything gets pushed back.

We need to make sure that we have enough Pumpkin-Man Cartridges to feed the Arcade Cabinet, but there's nothing to gain from crafting more than necessary because it cannot be droped for EP in the event. As I write this, I have the 18 Pumpkin-Man Cartridges milled that will take me to the last few minutes of the event, so from now on all crops and tree fruits will be dumped into the event. I've made the silly mistake of not activating the Cabinet Booster the first day, so I lost the opportunity to get 3 more Pixel Hearts... I'm not even sure I'll be able to get to the end without those...

EDIT: 8h40 cool time for the Cabinet is for players who have the 10% faster stall rune in the Tree of Wisdom, else the recharge time is 9h36.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  15. *WisdomTree*

*WisdomTree* Exceptional Talent

Hello EdynohE,

Considering that it takes 3 harvests to get 9 pixel hearts, and even using bonuses it takes 26 hours to harvest 3, you're doing pretty well.

Event Time: 152h = 17 Harvest = 51 pixel hearts

You should be playing both mini-games for Arcade Speed Booster. Logical. If you go like this, it is possible to get 51 + 3(ready) = 54 Pixel hearts during the event.
    54 x 4084 = 220536 barn value of event items
    51 - 6 (reserve)= 45 Pumpkin-Man Cartridges
    45 x 50 = 2250 event crops for the mill
    45 x 6 = 270 Pixel Fruits for the mill

Just be careful when deliver pixel hearts. When the delivery is close to the requested quantity, finish the missing quantity with event crops and pixel fruits.

Real life only makes it possible for me to get 6 pixel hearts a day. Let's see if I can get what I want.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  16. EdynohE

EdynohE Forum Apprentice

Thank you for your reply. 9 hearts a day was an approximate calculation, I didn't look clearly. The quantities requested are just too large and I think I missed the hearts in the first 2 days of the event because I only grew plants as I looked after them at work. I probably won't be able to complete the event, but hopefully I can get Magic Stalk Row

17. puppiesnponies

I have been playing 1 mini game for the Arcade cabinet booster (get 2 if complete within time) and 1 game for the trees.

I use the Arcade booster at first feeding in the morning and then again 8:40 hours later so it will be ready when I log in again the next morning. It doesn't fit my farming schedule to worry about more cabinet boosters as I do not have a farming day that is more than 17 hours. I do have the flexibility to log in when I want, but rest/sleep is also a priority to manage health/life and perhaps I need more than others:pxDxD

That provides me with 6 pixel hearts a day.

I need to remember to put out the charged givers to see what trees they become.

18. *WisdomTree*

*WisdomTree* Exceptional Talent

Bigpoint introduced an event mechanic that we are not used to and found a suitable name (Fright Night of the Geeks :eek: ) for it.
    I think this is a good event to get rid of the routine.

19. MeadowCrossing

Hmmm, is anyone else having an issue with playing the next two daily free games? I'm in the US on Central time. My free games should have been available five minutes ago (the same time the game would have reset if clocks in Europe were not set back). Now, my next free games are showing 23h52m, but I never played today's free games!?

I hope I will get the two free games in an hour with the game clock resets.

marymac50 likes this.
  20. -Niknar-

-Niknar- Padavan

Same with my farm. It is a known issue and the devs will be looking into it.

https://board-en.farmerama.com/threads/ticket-for-playing-game.45013/#post-295563

marymac50 and MeadowCrossing like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.