Fright Night of the Geeks

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by *WisdomTree*, Oct 25, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

I got the cloudrow this morning on both my farms and I'm happy about that. The extension will give me the time to get to the end but I'll have to mill some new Pixel Hearts.

Cannot abide the fact that this is a MM event and that the givers cannot be placed in the Haunted House...

MeadowCrossing likes this.
  2. rivak

rivak Forum Baron

I have it too, and can't make it go away. I've clicked on all the news pages multiple times and on the event timers on the left hand side near the top. No luck.

Nordais likes this.
  3. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

This problem was already addressed in both technical and general issues. My guess would be that they're going to resolve the issue with the update for the next event. In a few hours everything about breeding will dissapear from the event calendar, that may help too. Same with the Halloween calendar, at least it doesn't invoke the spinning daisies of death, so I'm good with it! ;)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
    MeadowCrossing likes this.
  4. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Count Count

I got the CR this morning with lots of pixels and crops in addition to six hearts. My brain was focused on using as many hearts as it would take, but fortunately a bat flew by and dispelled that idea. A cloud in the hand is worth two in the sky! Now waiting to harvest the two givers.

I also wish the givers could be placed on HM. Does anyone know why so few givers can be placed on the HM?

Moraine and Nordais like this.
  5. teeceebeemee

teeceebeemee Advanced

I have had success with the comics by doing the one that needs only one row of books first. Then pick one of the worms that cancels books (white worms). Is there a row of books that lines up? If not, move that same white worm to the other space and 'voila' or just bang them in! There are only a few options when I realized that the two white worms won't go together! Good luck:D
    Edit: o_Ops, that isn't correct, just did one that had two white worm options together.
    Hint: Choose what you want to win first!!

Nordais and MeadowCrossing like this.
  6. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

One harvest away from CR and looking to finish the event tomorrow, thanks to the extra day - I messed up a bit at the beginning so this extension has made a great difference to my chances! :inlove:

Don't forget to collect your CR from the River of Souls Calendar - I only just spotted it yesterday. ;)

7. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum General

Pleased to say that I completed this event this morning. I was surprised I had enough stuff. Just need to get the givers used up so I can place them on the cloud row.

8. illy1996

I am on the last part of the event amazingly and will have two lots of Arcades to harvest without counting the trees and crops so all set to finish ... barring disasters! :p

9. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

I also finished the event this morning, was suprised to see that event crops and trees can really help make the few last donations. :)

10. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

With the extended time I will get the CR with stuff to spare. I guess I could have cashed in all crops now and had it, but weeeeelll, lets grow a bit more and see how far it will take me.

PrairieMaiden23 and Nordais like this.
  11. TommyBurns

TommyBurns Active Author

I finished this event on two of my farms last night and finished this one this morning. It's sorting of annoying though that I now have to wait another three days for my Pumpkins to come in before I can activate the cloud row. I found it a hard event but did enjoy it.

Good luck to those still working on it, hope you all reach your goals.
    TB :p

Nordais likes this.
  12. zilverDolfijn

zilverDolfijn Forum Apprentice

Still one gift removed from the CR. Books now are easy to fill; my first one was the trickiest so far.
    What's still a mystery to me is the Boosters. I've applied the Speed Booster several times without seeing the clock lessen; e.g. applied the booster, saw the amount go from 7 to 6 (so activated), but the arcade cabinet kept showing the same time: 6:10 hrs. Stopped trying to use it.
    Glad to have another 24 hrs to play and try to get the CR.

I've got one more question, though. I've milled 8 x Pumpkin Man Cartridge. Thought they could be used to play extra book games, but that's not the case. What Are they good for?

zilverDolfijn

Nordais likes this.
  13. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Forum Commissioner

Great!

It would seem that here I have time to the very end, having completed the last level EXCEPT everything and when 8h 40min times TWO have time to get Arcadet (17h 20min total, 23++ hours left), that's 24000++ points (4084x 6) and the rest 1000 will come easily with Pixels and plants!

"The beginning is always difficult, at the end thanks stand" (Finnish saying above, if not even an international saying)

PrairieMaiden23 and Nordais like this.
  14. Nordais

Nordais Count Count

[QUOTE="I've got one more question, though. I've milled 8 x Pumpkin Man Cartridge. Thought they could be used to play extra book games, but that's not the case. What Are they good for?[/QUOTE]

The Pumpkin-Man Cartridges are only meant for feeding the Arcade Cabinets, nothing else. I imagine that they'll reward a bit much CCs and EP at the end of the event than their separate conterparts.

Moraine likes this.
  15. illy1996

They don't stack, that is, if you use one, it lasts an hour, if you use two, they will last two hours and so on - they don't decrease with each booster used. I'm amazed that the time you got was 6:10 hours, I got over 8 hours! Now that's a mystery! :D

Nordais and Moraine like this.
  16. zilverDolfijn

zilverDolfijn Forum Apprentice

:D No mystery there; I only activated that booster when the timer had run down to 6:10. Might as well have waited till it was at 4:39 hrs. Just turned out that way, no particular calculation behind it on my part.

Thank you, illy and Nordais for your reactions AND all the efforts you put in in this Forum! I've learned a lot from it.

Nordais and Moraine like this.
  17. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Forum Commissioner

This even became easier WHEN I learned how to PLAY.

I mean, I already finished at 06:00 in the morning Finnish time, because the last 3 deliveries were 7000, 9000 and 25000, so in total only 1+2+0 Arcade Cabinet products went into them. Why is it so funny that the biggest delivery went "none"?

Well, when I noticed that a little over 800 event plants were enough for the last one, and there were almost 2,000 of them at the end when there was no need to crush "food" for AC. By the way, 3 of those AC boosters were left unused!

This time, a NICE surprise at the end of the event, and not as usual that "there is not enough time, you have to use green drops and a lot"!

Nordais likes this.
  18. snatchsquad

snatchsquad Someday Author

Finished :D Phee that was a toughy xD

Nordais and PrairieMaiden23 like this.
  19. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Padavan

All done on all 3 farms. Yay!

Nordais likes this.
  20. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Mogul

I did not read the faq and didn't figure out how to use the boosters until it was too late but I got the cloudrow with two minutes to spare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.