G&T remove four month rule

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by -Mir85-, Oct 9, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Hopefully we will get another G&T this year. Please consider removing the four month rule for items being trade able. G&T doesn't come around that often. And when it does it is sooo disappointing to find what you want most is not trade able. I think most players would still buy the wonder stables/trees for a chance to get the trees immediately. But if they are not lucky enough to get them, it is consoling to be able to trade for them next time.

Does the four month rule really generate so many more sales? So many more that it is worth having players upset when G&T finally comes around?
    If not remove it entirely, please consider making it shorter. A one month rule I could understand. But with the four month rule, it can easily take over 6 months before you are able to trade some item. That is just far too long :(

Edit: I thought it was three months, but puppiesnponies pointed out that it was actually four, which makes it even worse.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Banjoman likes this.
  2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Mir - where do you see it is 3 months? I remember last time the rule was 4 months (even worse) because the stork was introduced in April and last G/T was August. It fell short by approximately 2 weeks to be able to gift.

I would like to see the restriction removed completely. The item (whether tree or stable) was paid for with my BB in the mini event and more than likely more BB for gift license so I think it should be my choice of when and to whom I gift it.

farmerumf and belindamotion1 like this.
  3. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Thank you pnp :) I actually couldn't find it in the FAQ or the last OA, I just thought it was three months. I edited my original post.

I do agree, I really do. But understand the argument that for high level players with lots of cool things to trade for, it might not be very appealing to buy lots and lots of wonders to get the new thing if they can trade for them two weeks later. And I respect that BP wants to keep some extra incentive for players to buy the wonders. So I wouldn't complain if it was a one month ban on trading. More than one month I don't find acceptable. Of course I would prefer the ban to be lifted completely.

farmerumf likes this.
  4. muscaricat

muscaricat Forum Pro

I agree with the frustration of items not being included in the G&T event. I too would like to see the restriction lifted completely, or at the very least reduced to those pens/trees that were new in the last mystery seedling/secret stable events. :)
    I can understand that the latter may be a good idea as the exchange value of very new pens/trees is artificially high as they are, at that time, still very rare; but on the other hand to allow all items would make it a normal market, not one controlled by BP. Perhaps we, the players, should be allowed to include what items we see fit and that could include any other special giver items ? If there is a sound game reason why the restrictions are in place then perhaps a good explanation from BP would stop the annoyance that they cause ??

baw815, Arielh and farmerumf like this.
  5. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

I would like this rule to be removed. Good idea!

farmerumf likes this.
  6. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

I agree, putting it in place disadvantages long term players who need the more recent stuff.