Getting cold fins

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by -Mir85-, Dec 10, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

That is right farmer_broke :) Thankfully the grapevine was most useful in helping to prepare for this event :)

Aetheria14 and farmer_broke like this.
  2. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Mir, the grapevine information was good and the market reaction confirmed it.

I did not ignore it but did not gather the reindeer due to risk. But I did gather the cheap feed which I am unloading.

I saw the fish there was the least risk for me and I put the ccs into them and the low level breeding animals.

Still did not ignore reindeer but looked for low risk and put my ccs into hay and oats. I am unloading them now too.

Saw the donkey in the grapevine. Invested in the raw feed and feed components just as with fish. Was unable to acquire enough donkeys at a low risk price so I elected to turn them over continuously.

Selling the oats alone at these prices would yield over 130 million. I'll never be able to do it and will have oats left for sure.

And you and that grapevine are to blame! And I'm broke. How about a little loan? 8)

3. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Have got 61 reindeer anyone want to buy them for 12 million pounds xD

4. Aetheria14

Aetheria14 Regular

Could someone clarify why reindeer are a bad choice. Their stalls are only 2500 cc and their feed is easy to mill. Is it because we lose the stalls once the event ends? Reindeer are selling for 11K in my market now, so becoming a reindeer farmer now seems like a great idea.

GuineaUp, KaiCat33, *Elpida* and 2 others like this.
  5. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

r8) Do I have a deal for you Nellie_Noodle 8)

I trade ya 150 fish for the 61 reindeer and take the stalls off you hands for free 8)

You deliver! Deal? 8) xD

@Aetheria14

I'm buying the reindeer stalls as my other animals finish in the fields. Right, feed is easy and short-time to mill. One round and the pens are all paid for ! I'm a little broke but I'll do it. Nothing lost and pens gained.

6. -Mir85-

No loan for you fb -.- pnp tells me it is not good for your shopping addiction, we are not to enable you xD

Becoming a reindeer farmer and seller is probably a great idea Atheria :) What I don't think is a good idea is to breed the reindeer (instead of selling them) when you could instead be breeding fish which are much cheaper.

GuineaUp, KaiCat33, Dienstag and 3 others like this.
  7. Nellie_Noodles

20 reindeers in my markets 200:000:00.... exchange rate is 440

GuineaUp, KaiCat33 and Aetheria14 like this.
  8. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

Are there going to be any solutions and strategies on this thread how to complete this quest? -.-

GuineaUp, KaiCat33, julie1013 and 4 others like this.
  9. Nellie_Noodles

not from me there wont be Banjo ...i have a brain the size of a walnut :oops:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  10. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

I'll breed no reindeers, of course (ridiculously ruinous). But, when the Baby Boom comes, I'll for sure breed fish and donkeys, as I always do, for that matter, and I'll use some of the outcome for donation.

Again, as in alike events, the best bet is level1 bred animals, namely, clownfishes and wild donkeys (check previous alike events strategy threads: ratios are also similar and, hence, again, level1 bred animals are the best bet if you are able to use some PF; not much is needed, in reality, because of the skips). But I'll try to adjust donations so that the loss is minimized. Difficult task -minimization of loss- in this case, though. (In this sense, check mkt prices: you may actually find it's best to sell level1 bred fish/donkeys -or level0 reindeers/fish/donkeys- and buy some higher level ones -up to level4 bred animals, not higher-: it'll maximize the result from your efforts and get the most from your limited resources. I'll for sure do that, by the way).

Regarding the event itself, I'll do it, but sticking to just what's needed for getting the excellent givers and CR (820K in total ExV terms, as Mir pointed out in the opening post). The orange pen is included in that path. I won't bother with the yellow ones: same time as ClassicIs (and can be bought for almost negligible CCs if needed -I doubt so-). And, like in the case of beavers, the orange one is actually much worse than the ClassicII (though it comes in handy when you plan not to harvest at least 3 times a day).

Good luck to all.

11. Nellie_Noodles

xDxDxDxDLOL Farmer broke .... Mmmm...NO deal :p
    Another 9 mins and can put my new stables out on my fields for more

Not selling my reindeer ... my barns running out of stock ... so not doing this event will give me a good chance to do that

12. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Growing them is very beneficial, breeding them is likely not, precisely because the base animal is so expensive. You are probably better off selling base reindeer and either breeding or buying fish/donkeys to donate.

In most cases, you get more money from selling the lower level breeding animals and then buying upper level ones, but that depends on the market. Even if you do breed, you likely will get more money from selling 4 level one animals and buying the level 2 breeding animals (level 2 animal) than from breeding them yourself. You also need much less Powerfeed to buy the upper level items. However, while this is very likely to be true, we cannot say for sure until after the event starts. Also, your market prices will differ from other people's. (though they all usually seem to be roughly similar, just not exactly the same)

does that help?

13. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

The Grapevine early mention of reindeer had me thinking. As I had no stable and wasn't sure what would be coming, I looked out for bargain animals. Luckily I spotted some being sold at great prices and scooped them up. Had already been stocking fish and donkeys, and have been working on clownfish and wild donkeys for some time, so I am fortunate to have some built up.
    Sold a few of my bargain reindeer for a tidy profit, which more than covered the purchase of a few reindeer stables!:)

I like the givers and cloud row, so will aim for that - then try to pick up the PF and coupons. Good luck everyone!

14. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Everyone must be rushing to sell their reindeer...I listed mine and now less than 15 min later, there are players who have underbid and I am on page 5. :( There are a lot of single offers out there though.Not sure what anyone can do with just 1 reindeer.

GuineaUp, KaiCat33, mingling and 2 others like this.
  15. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

A little to much to take with my uncaffeinated brain this morning. :sleepy: I will say for those newer players that are not going to do the event it is a good idea to buy some of the reindeer stables and buy extra just think of the possible G&T trades in the future. ;)

For now I'm selling, I have a good foundation of both fish and donkeys and even a few reindeer. I will breed during the BBD as I've yet to breed either fish or donkeys in the past. I don't know if I will donate anything it will depend entirely on how successful the breeding goes as the only colored animals I have for either of them are what I've won on the farmwheel.

Still I agree that the rewards are not very tempting. What is tempting is the new breeding process it will be hard to wait for the BBD. xD

Good luck to all and may the skips be with you! :D

GuineaUp, KaiCat33, Willow and 4 others like this.
  16. Nellie_Noodles

*makes a Note Look at grapevine before events*

KaiCat33, mingling, marymac50 and 2 others like this.
  17. GuineaUp

GuineaUp Forum Great Master

This event's way too rich for my farm's blood. Gonna have to sit this one out, tho trying to get the CR is kinda tempting -.-
    Guess I'll crank out some reindeer and fish, and mill lots of feed for them for a while and see how the market does... o_O

18. -Mir85-

Clashstrummer, the reindeer stables are permanent in the shop now, so they won't be good trade objects for G&T anymore...

19. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

Hmm...I guess I wasn't getting that from the FAQ. Really shouldn't attempt thought prior to coffee though. :p

Good thing I didn't buy a whole bunch already. ;) Thanks for the heads up.

GuineaUp, KaiCat33 and 007Farming like this.
  20. Aetheria14

Aetheria14 Regular

Thank you everyone for clarifying the best strategies for this event. The fish factory and donkey farm will be going down as I build Rudolph Central! As always, terrific advice on how to proceed - and if I can break my FOCD I might not complete this one. I will also be watching the market carefully, as this seems very fluid right now.

GuineaUp and -Mir85- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.