Getting cold fins

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by -Mir85-, Dec 10, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrouquelas

Arrouquelas Forum Inhabitant

No skips, no fun!-.-
    Good-bye baby boom day! See you when trying times are over...:(

2. tpabird

tpabird Active Author

I listed a partial quote from Mooboy, great work in compiling this. I was somewhat math challenged to figure out how to donate the minimum needed for each level. I went in and checked it all out and believe that instead of using the Pack Burros for each of the steps, you can use the rainbow fosh and come out with exactly the required donation for levels 1 silver, 3 diamond, 4 gold and 5 silver.

3. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Thanks illy :) I do like to make calculations :p

4. GuineaUp

GuineaUp Forum Great Master

FOCD got the better of me :oops: I fell off the wagon and did the event (completed all of it), and now I'm an out of control breeding fool:wuerg: Haven't gotten very many good skips either... wish they were better, but at least the market's being kind to me 8)

5. jmwzingzang

jmwzingzang Someday Author

I'm getting not just a lack of skips, but also a lack of benefit from baby boom. Very few of my breedings have resulted in 2 or more bred animals; most (80-85%?) are 1 bred animal and 1, 2, 4, or 6 basic animals. If that's all baby boom is going to mean, it's practically useless.

6. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

OK, completed as much of the event as I wanted, am selling the rest. I am sure my donation choices won't be agreed upon with some :music:but I also based donation on market prices.

Lvl1 silver 1 flying fish, rainbow, pack
    Lvl2 silver puffer
    Lvl3 silver puffer, clown
    Lvl4 silver 2 flying fish, 3 clown
    Lvl5 silver puffer, 2 packs
    Lvl5 gold puffer, FF,2 clown
    Lvl5 diamond puffer, 2 Poitou
    Lvl6 silver 4 Poitou
    Lvl6 gold 4 Poitou, clown
    Lvl6 diamond puffer, 2 Poitou
    and last but not least........Lvl1 gold 2 FF, 2 clown:DxDxD too cute to pass up & I'll buy them back eventually.

Reindeer & crow skips I found were pretty good, not impressed with the rest. Love the new feature but may need to rethink future events like this if skips not improved. PF use not Justified.
    Good Luck Gang !

7. MissSmartyPants

MissSmartyPants Padavan

I'm trying to decide if this event is worth it. On steph2014, I filled 30 breeding pens with donkeys, and 30 with fish. My results were so bad, at first I thought I must be somehow harvesting them wrong, because I kept getting the same abysmal result over and over: 4 regular donkeys gave me 2 regulars and 1 wild. Over and over again. Same with the fish: 4 regulars gave me 2 regulars and 1 clown. When I'm pretty much getting back less than I put into it, including all the PF...it just makes me not want to bother. I haven't done any breeding here on Smarty yet, but my results on steph2014 make me question whether I should even try.:sleepy:

EDIT: On steph2014, I started off with a pretty healthy stock of wild donkeys and clownfish in my barn. After donating those and doing a couple rounds of breeding (with terrible results), I was able to get the cloud row. My strategy on Smarty is to not even bother trying. I've never seen such terrible Baby Boom results. If BP thinks that being stingy is going to make me buy more PF, they're wrong. All it's making me do is change my priorities away from breeding.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  8. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Well, I went ahead and finished the whole thing. Had a good start with plenty of clown fish and wild donkeys to help out. Nice breeding mechanism, but skips not so much fun.
    Good luck to those still at work and congrats to those who have accomplished their goals!:)

9. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Got the cloud row here but the combination of terrible skips and trying to figure out the best animals to donate made me very reluctant to attempt it on BillyWhiskers. BW got the most amazing skip ever...skipped right over the entire thing!:pxDNo guilt! What happened to FOCD? :music:

Aetheria14, baw815, GuineaUp and 9 others like this.
  10. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

That is indeed an impressive skip pnp xD

11. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Congratulations pnp you may have been cured:p
    I will now start the event. I want the orange reindeer stable. What breeding animals should I donate fish, donkeys or reindeers?

Aetheria14, GuineaUp, Willow and 2 others like this.
  12. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Hi PnP.

BW and I learned to skip from everyone here.

Aetheria14, baw815, GuineaUp and 3 others like this.
  13. julie1013

julie1013 Commander of the Forum

:cry::cry::cry::cry: Part of me says to cut my losses and forget completing this event but the other part says I have used too many PF's to quit now. I normally do get lousy skips but was hoping this time would be different:wuerg::wuerg: Just hope I don't feel the pain of doing this event when I harvest that CRxD I don't have any of the runes for breeding opened but with how the skips are I don't know if it's worth it

14. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Volume breeders consider skips. I understand the number of skips and the skip itself is less. The ones I cater to in this market are continuing. They are breeding for long term.

Pheromone sales have been good and my strategy is to continue riding this reindeer. xDxD

My strategy today is to sell pheromones in lots of 1,600.

jinga janga bells, jinga janga bells. jinga janga all the day :music:

15. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Well, I have finished on Chevrefeuille, this farm has just levels 1 and 2 (Gold and Diamond) to complete which I am sure I will get with my next breeding. Chevrefeuille bought a couple of higher breeders (Opera Donkey and Puffer Fish) to complete the higher levels but this was financed by the sale of Reindeers and both farms now have a healthier CC balance nonetheless! :D

The skips for both farms were pretty rubbish for Donkeys and Fish - highest one (and only one) was an Opera Donkey and Rainbow Fish. Chevrefeuille did get an Angel Reindeer. :inlove:

I am going to stop breeding as soon as this farm completes the event as it is a waste of PF. :oops:

I miss the flies too but I am sure I will get used to it ... I hate flies in real life but they have their purpose like everything else. :p

Which FSQ was this Aluntino - I don't know if I should have it or not ... not in any of my inventories - but I forget most of the stuff I have got/won. :)

Good luck everyone still breeding like mad! xD

16. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Have got 16 donkeys which i put in .. and they have given me them back and 1 burro donkey and 6 wild donkeys
    THIS is why i don't do Baby boomers ... it's a waste of my time pheromones and CC ...for basically nothingxD
    Its VERY rare i get anything good from it ;)

So now am going to forget this event and invest my CC's in buying more stables & workshops that i haven't got many of and grow crops
    Good Luck everyone in the Event ;)

Aetheria14, GuineaUp and Brookeham like this.
  17. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Great Master

I have been noticing the less skips for months now. It seems it gets worse every event. I used to get a skip of at least 2 levels and sometimes all the way to the top every 6th breeding. Now the skip rate is very low and this may be my last time I even attempt to breed on BB day let alone I never breed any other time. Thanks BP, for helping me save more RL money.

Aetheria14, GuineaUp, JJenks and 3 others like this.
  18. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

I did enough of the event to get the Orange upgrade and the cloud row. That's it for me. While the BBD skips haven't been non-existent for me, they haven't been spectacular either. I did have a reindeer go Postal on me though.

19. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

I got the CR and the Orange upgrade for this farm. Skips were lousy and I tried All animals. :p The only good ones I got was from reindeer, 1 Angel and 2 Postal. Even FOCD is not going to make me finish this one :oops: I think this is a first.
    On my little farm I picked threw and got the Orange upgrade and made some CC's :D

20. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

I haven't done any breeding yet, but yesterday decided to complete the paths needed to get the CR and the givers, which include the orange upgrade, through using what I had in stock. Based on mkt, I mostly threw in wild donkeys and clownfishes, coupled with some higher levels (puffer, opera) I've been able to buy at a lower/better CCs/ExV ratio. I managed to always exactly donate what was asked for, with no spills. (In fact, in the previous 2 weeks, I had been able to sell wild donkeys/pack burros and clown/rainbow fishes at higher prices than since event started; I'm keeping the rest for the latecomers, in the case their prices rise back; I'm selling instead some levels3/4 because prices are much higher than usual). After I do some breeding, I'll decide if I'll go for the PFs in level 4's Gold/Diamond tasks. From the results you're reporting, I guess it won't happen.

Illy,

The quest was the timber log one. I completed last level's Diamond task, and noticed both the stars and the EPs were credited right away, as usual. Later, Tech Support confirmed the CCs were also right away credited (I wasn't able to tell). But the 36 hs of full machinery were not: at least, I'm 100% certain, not the CR harvester's and breed-o-mat's. They've already credited them manually, several hours afterwards. I guess it was related with the general glitches that were then happening: disappearance of bred fishes and donkeys, and breed-o-mat not working well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.