Gone Fishin'

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by EssaB, Jun 26, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EssaB

EssaB Junior Expert

This looks like a fun event. It's similar to the Easter and MM event in that you can get as many prizes as you like.

There doesn't appear to be a lot of work necessary to prepare. You need to have a mix of both stables and trees and/or crops to get both drops. There's not a lot you can do about your hand-eye coordination, so that will be an element of luck. If you get the cloud row, don't forget to get the prizes from the lower levels as well.

ETA: You'll need to keep at least one mill free to make the lures, so don't go starting any long powerfeed runs like I did a minute before the announcement went up. :p

IVANCICA30 and Erridge like this.
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

The Mill takes 10 seconds but, you are right Essa, best to keep one free (at least both Mills can be used!). I have set up an SOS thread - just going to link this to it so new players get an even chance. :)

It does look like fun ... what's more, no stripping of fields and planting non-stop! Wahoo! I can carry on building up my supplies of animals! :inlove:

Good luck everybody! ;)

If anybody needs help, please post in the SOS thread (link below):

SOS Gone Fishin'

3. 100keltic

100keltic Board Analyst

I feel naked, not having to start dumping all fields, all goals? wow this is nice already!

4. FelicityFox

FelicityFox Someday Author

Very excited for this one! Looks like a lot of fun to me and no calculating growing times and harvest amounts! Plus, I don't have to rip my farm apart!!! Good job game developers!

5. rarasisbumba

rarasisbumba Advanced

I'm excited and bit scared about lucking out and getting the CR

6. Aetheria14

Aetheria14 Regular

In the grapevine thread it was suggested to prepare for this event if you are low on machine parts, research pumpkins or lily of the valley for better machine tool drops. Thus far I gone through a small mountain of pumpkins, with no luck. Is it worth continuing to try? The event faqs said the machine tool drops would be temporarily increased but I am skeptical that it will be enough, as I only have 154 now.

IVANCICA30, 12ss12 and Erridge like this.
  7. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

The machine part refinement for pumpkins/lily of the valley is a level 3 refinement. You can be very lucky and get it in a few days, but it could also take several weeks...

8. EssaB

EssaB Junior Expert

Aetheria14, personally, I never had a lot of luck with the refinements helping much with drops. I think a better option would be to go for toolboxes. Ask your neighbors to give them as daily gifts, and look through the Farmer Society's Quests for any that reward toolboxes.

Illy, it's true the milling doesn't take time, but you have to give yourself time to do the fishing. How quickly that goes is dependent on your skill, whether you're having any network lags, etc. It would be best to have all your lures milled in advanced so you do the catching part as your schedule allows.

IVANCICA30, Erridge and 12ss12 like this.
  9. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

I think this event is a good news for us:
    Mix type farmer
    We had tree, crop, stables (need to know if drops come from workshop or not!)
    The most tough of this event is : Machine part
    To get better chance, Premium Lure use double amount of machine part (18)
    I think: to used thousands of crops in refinements is quite harsh for newbies,
    I would rather advise to ask for toolbox gift.

As long time player. I had 1692 machine parts, So, I could make at least 50
    premium lure without big effect on my tool inventory.

But It all depend on the drop rate of Gummy worms & Lure Feathers

all my stables inlcude workshop equal to one full field. I may need to adjust
    the ratio of stables & crop/tree when the event start & drop rate come out!

100keltic, IVANCICA30 and SillyGuy like this.
  10. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

This event is a far cry from being of "medium" difficulty. Its Achilles heel is made out of machine parts.

With the stock I have now, I could eventually make a maximum of 186 standard baits OR 93 premium ones -and I suppose I have a pretty high stock of machine parts-. Will that be enough to get the key prizes? Because this is an event that involves 3 chance levels:

1* chance of catching the needed fish for a certain item (let's consider the CR and its corresponding givers first; it'll somewhat depend on player's ability);
    2* chance of getting the right prize once you caught the right fish;
    3* chance of getting enough machine parts (+lures) for making additional baits if you failed in the 2 first steps -negative feedback-.

These chances are not added but combined (multiplied) between them, which leads to very low total chances of getting the right items if you are not able to make enough baits.

I suppose I'll try to secure the right most meaningful items by using premium baits first. But I'm not so sure this is the right tactics, simply because chance#2 could be very low and hard -we'll know only by trying- and, hence, I could very well run out of machine parts too quickly, even from my current pretty high machine parts stock.

If that happens, this event should be labelled as utterly difficult: it does not depend on your ability but on the combination of chances than can be very low in total.

Just to illustrate it: let's suppose chances 1, 2 and 3 are as follows: 0,50; 0,05 (1/20, and I suppose this is generous); 0,50; hence, total chance would be: 0,50*0,05*0,50 = 0,0125 = 1,25%....... That, for every single key item (CR + corresponding givers), and I may be very well overestimating the chance. Let's suppose the premium bait transforms chance#1 into 100% ---> overall chance, per relevant item, would be, by these same assumptions, 2,5%.......

If effective chances are as low as those I'm assuming -or lower- and your machine parts stock is low, a player should be very careful and know when to stop; otherwise, you may end up with a dangerously low machine parts stock.

11. rarasisbumba

rarasisbumba Advanced

I wish the cloud row was cumulative like past events. So X amount of fish would guarantee it and the items.

12. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

I hate that the cloud row and givers can only be randomly won and for someone with no hand-eye co-ordination this is not a good one. However, I will of course do it due to the fact that the devs recent stingeyness has only partially cured my FOCD.

13. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

This does look like a fun event. I do have a nice stock of machine parts but could see them going fast just trying for the right prize.
    Will have to see....maybe it will be like the valentines shooting event....not so hard.

14. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

reading Aluntino post make me remember my candy explosion upgrade.
    It had been in my barn for over 1 or 2 year.
    It's a event prize which like this one need to win by luck (random)
    I had using many batteries & try many times. Just could not win the base
    which the upgrade is useless!
    So, Farmers, bear in mind.

Even you are so lucky to got the CR, you need to get all 3 deco
    If you miss any one of them. the CR is useless, just like my candy explosion upgrade !-.-

15. d5aisy

d5aisy Forum Inhabitant

ok... lets just substitute M6 coins for the machine parts and I'm in:)

idk if my hand is up to this event... I'm still trying to recover from the horrid mach o meter epic trial of agony to finally get my dragon from Renzo. and I gotta rest up for the doubly horrid nightmere pet game of ow ow ow oops I mean game of mach o meter to get the nightmere pet.

I might save my hand and just mine [slang for spend time/effort] mummys in moonlight mania and get the 2x1's that way. I was trying to get Jack's back row done but man that takes a lot of work to get all those deco pieces for it so next MM I might just mine the mummys and save my hand strength for the Renzo torture event... oops I mean trying to get that blasted nightmere pet... and save this ow ow ow for those with better fine motor coordination then my pitifully bad coordination:)

16. steph2014

steph2014 Forum Pro

All I can say is I hope the drop rate for machine parts increases exponentially, because I only have 300 of them on my farms! I'll grow crops on 1x1s and try not to let my farm be idle, but I might not be able to fish for very long.:eek:

farmerlily22, IVANCICA30 and Erridge like this.
  17. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

Won't know until the event starts just what the increase in machine parts drops will be. Who knows maybe it will rain them down on us in abundance. :p Wishful thinking from a newer player with a measly 115 machine parts in her barn.

I'm wondering if the same rules will apply for getting good drops as normal. Meaning should I be planning to plant some long term crops prior to the event start?

18. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I was excited about this game until I read through the FAQ and saw it is going to be like Mach O Meter. I will try both the normal and premium lures to see if I can keep up with the speed of normal, and therefore be able to fish more but I am really worried the premium lure speed may still be too much for these slow and aching hands. I am also a bit discouraged that a lot of effort could be put into this and come away with no cloud row or the givers to fill it. I do like that I don't have to rip up my farm and that the balance of trees and pens I have now should be good.

19. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Update: The FAQ has been changed, the cloud row will be the first prize you get from the golden boxes. So if you get at least one golden trout you are guaranteed to get the cloud row :) Now we just have to hope we'll get the items to fill it too :p

KaiCat33, d5aisy, JJenks and 8 others like this.
  20. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

From our FAQ
    Machine Part
    [​IMG]
    They are regular farm tools, but during the event, the drop rate will be significantly increased. They will drop from both main land and Bahamarama!
    Please note that this is just a temporary change for the event, since tools don't normally drop on the island.
    Can be gifted during the event

---------------

My method coincides with pnp's method. Let's first see how we will fare in ordinary & premium lures.
    -------

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    KaiCat33, d5aisy, 100keltic and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.