Gone Fishin'

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by EssaB, Jun 26, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

Well Done Dbayes Got Cloud Row and The EP Givers for Cloud Row. So far Just got Cloud Row and Event Sticker. I am Having more bad luck with Premium Lures than i am with Normal lure. Got a Minnow a few Times with Premium Lure. Not liking this event much at the moment. Hopefully My Luck Improves. Using you skill is nonsense really. Prize so random even if i did get two rings on top of each other huh :cry:

JJenks, Cassie101 and DBAYES like this.
  2. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

JJenks and Erridge like this.
  3. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

Two Premium and 3 Normal Baits gave me 3 Bass and 2 Minnow.
    As expected.
    Luck is not one of my strengths. If the next Baits in the Mill do not give me anything meaningful I will retire early and wait for Geese Breeding...
    :(:(:(

DBAYES, JJenks and Cassie101 like this.
  4. SeverineSnape

SeverineSnape Forum Apprentice

Hello @ all :)

After half a day and one night into the event I´ve decided to readjust my strategy to get max output with min effort.

Had refined hazelnuts with water as overnight crops, 1 field plastered with glowworms, squirrels, platypusses and kiwis, no trees ripped out, island 2 red pandas, rest trees and ginger.
    Got around 90 worms and 21 feathers, enough for catching 4 fish, yippee :sleepy:
    Had 2 fantastic hits which gave me 2 golden trouts, 1 nice (minnow) and another fantastic (rainbow trout). This time the display worked correctly, the minnow was really poorly aimed :oops:xD I hit F6 before starting the mini game, maybe that´s what did the trick? (synching browser and BP server, as far as I remember)

I will use all fields except Bahama for stables during the day, trying to squeeze in 1 round of longer lasting stables which have a similar running time and 1 round of shorter lasting ones with similar running times or 2 rounds of mediums, giving me 2 harvests of stables per day. Planting refined crops overnight should give sufficient worms for bait production, at least I hope so :)

Btw: did anyone else experience problems with their rewards being displayed? I still don´t know what I received with my second golden trout, it just showed me an empty window and there wasn´t a display in the log either:sleepy:

Good luck and have a wonderful day!! :)

5. Erridge

Erridge Forum Expert

From 10 Panda stables I got 2 feathers

6. igotfrogs

igotfrogs Forum Overlooker

i would have to say i think this is the most frustrating event i've taken part in as yet ,,,,, I won 3 of the one decoration for the cloud row ....... i only have one decoration to try and get now .... but the delay in being able to craft lours is just sooooooooooooooooooo very time consuming and down right frustrating :(

i'm also not getting the gift pop ups all the time i think we only get gifts when we hit the boxes? ....

DBAYES and abubadi66 like this.
  7. SeverineSnape

SeverineSnape Forum Apprentice

sorry for the misunderstanding, froggy:oops:

I got one golden trout yesterday, giving me the cloud row.
    And two more today. By catching a golden trout you automatically get a reward out of a golden box. One of them was one of the items, neatly displayed in the pop-up. The second one only showed the fireworks and an empty display.
    After checking the possible rewards and my inventory I just found out what I got: 6 CAC :)

Will have to wait for a looooong time now to produce more baits -.-

And I really dislike the fact that I will have to waste some more precious baits to get rewards out of the minor boxes: need one more rainbow trout for a silver box, another bass for a bronze one and one more minnow for a wooden crate, probably getting mulch as rewards (though I´m really great at catching minnows) :sleepy:xD

Good luck again, still keeping fingers crossed :)

Edit: Was just able to produce one normal bait, hit F6 and started fishing: the 2 circles were overlapping perfectly, but it gave me a bass as a reward :sleepy: So forget about what I wrote about synching browser and server, my first results must have been sheer luck and coincidence :oops:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    CaliChrome likes this.
  8. abubadi66

abubadi66 Old Hand

I am trying to configure the mechanics of this event, but it is way too confusing, I have read all the posts and tried to come with a good combination but the results still varies, my main field is full off 1x1 plots so no problem here, my magic glade is half trees and half stables but the results here today is different from yesterday, I activated the cloud for the drop bonuses, then harvested my pets, and I have the LL rune at max, plus the auto tree harvester is on (from premium membership), the moment I entered the glade the graphics showed that I got 15 lure feathers only from trees, then I harvested the stalls and got another 11, I think it was a very good results, my meadows is the same but have less trees and more stalls and I got a bit less lure feathers, the trees on the Island gave less drops even they are the highest level trees, and that is what confuses me.

As for the fishing game itself it is more confusing, but in general, luck was by my side, form yesterday and today I managed to get the cloud row and all it's items plus 1 extra pond monster, and I score 250,000 BEP 2 times, then 30,000 BEP 2 times which made me level up and half the way to the next level and also a 4 golden bananas which made my day, 6 XXL tool boxes, 3 x 48 h harvester helper 2 times, 5 rio wonder trees, 3 bornero baha trees x2, 3 wonder stables, 250,000 EP, 250,000 CC and many more less EP and CC prizes, what still confuses me is using a premium lure and I hit the green circle and I got a bass and 2 minnows, other less accurate tries got me the golden and rainbow trout, for the normal lure the FAQ seems more accurate and the rewards almost suits the results.

That leaves me with two conclusions, first, what we see is not what truly happens, since it is on line and the data is trafficking, what seems to be a perfect hit may not be so and vice versa, the second conclusion is that the game won't allow to get always the best results, it creates some kind of balance depends on how many fish we caught from each type, may be I am wrong but it was the only things that I could think off based on my trials, good luck all, I hope you get the best from this even, happy fishing.

CaliChrome and Arielh like this.
  9. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I found I got the best results when I just missed the circle but it wasn't conclusive - I just missed a few times and got a minnow. I have got the Cloud Row for both farms and some other nice prizes but think I am going to end up with an empty Cloud Row (make that two). I will only be playing up to Thursday so if I haven't got the items then, too bad. :music:

I am only continuing to play as there are some good prizes even excluding the Cloud Row and I like the element of surprise - just wish it hadn't been painted as a game of skill! :D

I'm in the same boat Mr Pres. xD

DBAYES, abubadi66 and CaliChrome like this.
  10. mud_pie_man

mud_pie_man Junior Expert

Put a juicy goose on the hook, tossed it out........... waitin on that goldfish to bite.

Fish on my friends!

Brookeham and igotfrogs like this.
  11. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

OK, after try 5 normal lure without 1 golden catch, now I don't even get 1 box open!
    I decided. I won't play too much on this event.
    I don't like to switch my whole farm between crop farming & animal farming
    just to get more feather/worm, I like mix farming & even the drop rate of
    feather is no good. But i don't bother.
    I know what my skill & luck is. I can predict I need to mill alot of lure so that
    I could open some boxes.
    Thus, let me really take it really as a mini game. I could play as little as I like
    I don't mind a grey cloud row. I had too many of them alreadyxDxD

abubadi66 and LDCrow like this.
  12. mud_pie_man

mud_pie_man Junior Expert

Fishin it is! These fish eat any ol thing.

Threw some cuckoos out and the fish are eatin um too. xDxD

Go to the city. See that bear fishin?

I'm gonna swim out there and tug on the line.

Then I'm gonna pull that bear in the water. hahahahahahaha xDxDxDxDxDxD

13. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

24 hs into event, with 5 days left, it's time to reassess. I got 105 gummy worms, 207 lure feathers and 290 machine parts. This allowed me to make and try 18 normal baits so far.

(I also had prize-displaying problems in two cases: I figured out what the prize was in one case but not in the other one; I got the CR, I know I got 250K EPs once, but no giver so far). Results from the catch the fish rings thing goes on being completely random -either "weighted" or not....-, unrelated to ability: best catches were always clear misses -most, on purpose: I caught the hand at the speed by synchronizing respiration -no kidding, LOL- and could hit the green circle (greenish yellow, or yellowish green, that's how it's displayed in my browser) almost every time I wanted to-, by little or by much.

Yesterday, like I said, I focused on pens; before related buffs expired, I placed longer pens in all free space, to be harvested in the next few minutes/hours; I'm switching the space they free up to crops and removed most trees but left some. When CAC will run out tomorrow afternoon, I'll switch back to mostly pens. I'll keep this swinging back and forth between pens and crops till event end: it allows better usage of buffs and seems to create a shifted "balance" between lure feathers and gummy worms -to be seen if this is true-.

So, all in all, I suppose I'll be able to get enough stuff to build a hair shy from 20 baits per day. If the 80/90/100 more I'd be able to make till event end are not enough to get all key items, well, so be it.

I go on thinking this is the worst event I've participated in so far. And, as LDCrow pointed out, above everything else, NOT FUN.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  14. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

Boy with all the complaining and kvetching you'd think BP had foisted a dastardly plot on its farmers.
    C'mon its supposed to be a challenge! We don't get an event crop or crops with times that no one likes.
    The drops are never what quantity the masses desire. Its a game, its supposed to be a challenge!
    How many of you have fished in RL? You don't get a "Fantastic" or "Great" catch everytime you cast your line.
    Please be patient and keep trying alternative formula's and strategies and let the others know your findings.
    We have a little over 4 days to have fun with this event and there is time to get that last giver to fill your CR.
    Just dip a line and lay back and have one of your favorite beverages and relax.

SuzeeRabbit, Dienstag, DBAYES and 5 others like this.
  15. birdiesaunt1951

birdiesaunt1951 Padavan

No rhyme or reason to feather drops - yesterday got feathers from harvesting goose pens, today, not a single feather - go figure! As others have said, this is not fun!

crzyjoyce and Cassie101 like this.
  16. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

I've found a little consistency with bears and wolves, I seem to get reasonable feathers from them. Iris and carnations overnight yielded reasonable worms, tho not exceptional.

In response to Banjo's comment, it's not so much the drops that irritate me. As stated, they usually are pretty slow to begin with, and feathers do seem to have picked up a small bit. What bothers me about this event is that it specifically says in the FAQ that if you align the circles correctly, you will get a better catch, and it isn't true (unlike RL, where you take what you get no matter how you cast, lol). Every time I align them, I get a minnow. I'm usually pretty laid back about the events, I know I will usually finish them, and I don't get unduly concerned with drop rates. I can't remember ever outright complaining about or saying I flat out didn't like any other event (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, my memory's not all it should be;):wuerg:xD). This one I don't find fun at all, just exceedingly frustrating and disappointing. I'm in no way casting aspersions on Banjo's thoughts or feelings, I thank him for trying to put some positive spin to what seems to be an overwhelmingly unpopular event. Just putting in my own two cents worth, that's all. Congratulations to those who are doing well!

17. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Great Master

I finally had enough feathers to make some lures. after just about 27 hours into the event I have 2 regular and 2 premium lures. I got 2 minnows with the regular lures and just a fuzz away from perfect on the circles. With the 2 premium I got 1 bass with a fuzz away and q golden trout with an exact circle match. I got the cloud row to stare in my face forever. I really hate that it took over 27 hours to get just 36 feathers (10 were from my magic trees) and 267 worms. I have taken down all but 1 field and put up stables on the island, main and glade.

18. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

I have read all the hints from you lovely farmers but decided to leave my farm as it was with a good mix of trees, pens and crops. My main complaint is that having tried a couple of time on two of my farms, I know I have two cloud rows but what are my other prizes? There must be some display problem as none of the queries have been answered so far. I will end up with a lovely empty cloud row and some other mystery prizes - and I have checked to see if I have anything for the cloud row!

19. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

I got my CR completed!!!
    Was needing a Pond Monster and finally got it! :D
    Received a Mandrake and Preserving Sugar for my Craft Supplies :sleepy:
    I am happy, hurray for the BEP and the completion of the CR... not so much for the Craft Supplies amount :wuerg:
    Keep your lures in the water and don't give up!
    Obstacles are what you see... Once you take your eyes off the goal.

Erridge, DBAYES, abubadi66 and 5 others like this.
  20. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Congrats Banjo on filling you cloud row:)

Erridge, spotsbox and -Mir85- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.