Happy Patches V4

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by habalala, Sep 9, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

@dumbunny
    There are farmers who are actively preparing for the Harvest Hoedown at this time.
    And the rewards given by BeePs for placing in the final event competition are not nearly equivalent to the personal satisfaction achieved.
    It can and has been done by several EN Forum members.

FYI there is an good friend of this forum who went to the TOP 10 cc holders in this game.
    The individual contacted me thanking me for the information given in the forum.
    The individual stayed momentarily at # 10 but made it.
    The information how to do it is here.
    It can and has been done.

Thank you habalala also for your effort with this thread.

No junking for this farm though.

Nala777, zerodegrees, 12ss12 and 4 others like this.
  2. Roxlkee

Roxlkee Junior Expert

is anyone else having trouble getting on game?

oj66 likes this.
  3. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

What a strange little event. Prizes are not a "must have" so there is no stress going for that cloud row. You can put as much strategy into it as you want, or don't want. It's more like occupational therapy. A nice little way to boost some stores.

4. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I guess I'm confused (yet again) as I remember something about donating quilts for last year's big barn burner event. My problem with that event is thinking that it's "doable" and then realizing that I don't have enough "junks" in my barn and thus it is not and then being sooo disappointed that I have squandered my hard-earned animals, crops and other items. I have to learn to be happy with what I have or what I can achieve and let the rest of it go.

Nala777, joanc123 and farmlily3 like this.
  5. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

I was just looking for a place to post some help for those preparing for the Harvest Hoedown when I started reading this thread. I hope it is appropriate to offer trees for those interested: I've listed Baha trees by the thousands, pages 1 and some go into page 2...at least they were when listed!
    Happy Hoedown!!:D

Great sequence, zerodegrees!!!:D

6. ctindaldavies

Tree fruit? On the market? Which market are you on out of curiosity?

Nala777, Mooboy, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
  7. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)Market 40. Which Market are you on?
    Are you interested in the Hoedown?

Nala777 and joanc123 like this.
  8. ctindaldavies

I'm on 8.

So this little duck forgot to check if CAC was still running before harvesting just now. Oh well..... doesnt really matter.

9. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

Is it a duck I thought it might be a robin :oops:

10. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I hate when I get ahead of myself and click the harvest button before I've put in all my buffs or harvested cloud rows, etc. Some days there just isn't enough coffee.

I forgot yesterday to profusely thank zerodegrees for the chart! Wow!

What I like about this event is that to some degree we can control what we win in the mini-games, so you can stock up on things you're low on...

11. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)xDxDxD!!! You are soooo right....and I do that so often I'm thinking of trading my coffee in for straight caffeine!!o_Oo_O:p

Nala777, dumbunny, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  12. ctindaldavies

Those tile choices are rather poor. I'm just getting the same 4, CC, star coins, EP and once the Farm Coins. I guess it improves the higher the level. But the swap buttons are almost non-existent. I know they are rare, but except for the ones I got from harvesting right at the beginning of the event, I haven't had any more from the trees I have out.

Nala777, joanc123 and farmlily3 like this.
  13. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

Yes, events like this one give us the opportunity to stock up on the resources we need to tackle the harder events with better prizes. ;)

Unfortunately, some players think these easier events aren't worth doing due to the lack of "must have" prizes and sit them out so they can work on other farming goals, which means they miss out on the resources that make completing the more challenging events possible without spending money. :sleepy:

I believe you're referring to Home Sweet Home and Home Sweet Home II, which were the Harvest Hoedown events for 2017 and 2018, respectively. Those events gave out pink, blue, and floral patches which could be donated individually towards the Top 3000 or milled into a quilt for a higher barn value.

Oh yeah, I've heard stories of farmers burning down their barns in vain. :cry:

My first Harvest Hoedown was the Picture Perfect event in 2016, about 2 years after I started playing Farmerama. I participated mainly out of boredom because events and FSQs back then were too easy, and then did the next 3 years out of habit. Last year was brutal, though. I had to donate over a billion EV to stay in the Top 500, which was more than I had set aside for the competition. That was the only year where I felt like I was literally burning my barn lol. I didn't even bother preparing for HH 2020 because I expect the numbers will be even crazier this year. I'm even thinking about giving up on HH events for good - just not interested anymore.

I personally don't think it's worth putting out trees during the event but if swap buttons are what you're after, a few trees around the edge will barely make a difference. The drop rate for swap buttons is quite low so you'll probably have to put out an entire field of trees with STM if you want a decent number of them. Again, not worth it, in my opinion.

Nala777, dumbunny, joanc123 and 4 others like this.
  14. ctindaldavies

Thanks @zero. I just got in from work and I really appreciate the way you address so much on here. It makes it much easier to catch up. On the other hand, compared to the old forum, its much easier catching up. That thing was nuts.

PS, if any of you have a siggy that needs fixing (watermarks, photobucket locked etc), just ask. Or if you want one made up, again just ask. I'm not going to do hundreds like last time. I've managed to restore most of the old ones so might be able to do something with them if you really want. (@Laurelei, I can extend yours back out full length if you want as I have the original still).

15. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

Geez trying to play this mini game not easy using Puffin Browser on my phone o_O

Ct and Fellow Farmers each game give you one free swap, any more swaps has to be obtained harvesting Trees, I did the same as zerodegrees initial Harvest was all trees as i got 39 Swap Buttons, We cannot reduce drop rate on trees unless we have to splurge using super Mulches which doesn't help Trees growing times very much

I agree with zerodegrees, it is not worth Putting out trees during this event

As for Harvest Hoedown, As we all know it is barn draining Event, Here are Some Pointers to take into consideration before even considering Going for Top 500,or Top 1000 or Top 3000, Initially is was Top 500 only then Top 1000 then spilt into 500,500 to 1000, 1000 to 3000 in last few years Rewards given in Gold, Silver and bronz prize groups

The First and Formost to consider do you have sufficient Barn stock to even consider partake in this event as you need serious barn stock

Secondly there is risk elements of being kicked out of Top 500 or Top 1000 or even Top 3000 you have insufficient barn stocks to stay in Top 3000 if you get below 3000 everything you donated would be done in vain please bear this in mind as I know couple for forum users it happen to them I wouldn't want to be in thier shoes

I concur with zerodegrees that these mini events are worth doing as any resources you have gained help you to have richer and better barn stock plus gives potential better chances to partake in HH Evebts not to mention constantly making CC the biggest benefit of this you buy stuff from the markets without the need for grown them or it is more expensive to produce than you buy it to be efficient farmer :inlove:;)xD

16. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

SL's farm has a giver and cloud row that both boost STM by a good bit, both get activated every morning, so I tend to STM trees in the morning only, but it does give two harvests a day even on regular and XL trees, can sometimes get 3 a day using it on XXL trees - but XXL trees are too short timed to get a good drop rate from. Honestly, I should probably move all the turbo trees to the main field, but I really don't like that they take up 4 1x1's each.

My baby farm is struggling with the tiles, too. So yes, there is something to the element of the game where BP has skewed things for the better for higher level players. I don't know what they did, how they did it, but it was announced a while back (could have been up to 18 to 24 months ago). My baby farm desperately needs farm coins as I spent almost all that farm had on green goo and SSG, so last night the game kept on giving the gray pinstripe to that farm, and I just went with it - got over 20 in one game, woot!!!

Nala777, Mooboy, farmlily3 and 3 others like this.
  17. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

So far, I've laid 266 tiles. Would like to get more blue tiles for star coins, but it's heavily weighted to EP and CC. That's ok, there's still plenty of time left to collect goodies.

18. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

Please I would love my siggy back! Are you able to help? Locked by Photobucket but have it saved on puter.

Nala777, joanc123 and ctindaldavies like this.
  19. ctindaldavies

Did you have one made up in this new forum's size? Or was it the old one?

joanc123 likes this.
  20. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

So far, I've laid 220 tiles.
    The activity is easy. Drops are enough. The mini game is considered enjoyable.
    I won quite a gift in 1 game. Not bad huh?
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.