Ho-ho-holiday Banquet

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by habalala, Dec 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I second Rivak...they want us to spend the green (or whatever color Euros are) stuff on event baskets. Poor sewinglady's farm would have, but cannot...so that farm is having to do things the "poor farmer" way. (Kinda like when the lady of the manor has to do the work of the scullery maid?) It's that last vestige of BFG...grrrr...(and no, I'm not mad at BP - I'm mad at BFG - gonna take that grudge to my grave).

2. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

So far I have 30 candles ready to mill for my next round. I'm sure some of you have more! LOL! This will be sooo much better than starting with 5 for each round. And I already have about half the needed matchsticks. This event will definitely be about getting those crops harvested on time!

I hope everyone is having better luck staying logged in now, after finding that bot account that was causing all sorts of problems!

Dumbunny - good luck finishing that shirt! You are cutting it close!

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    PrairieMaiden23, hatzeva and joanc123 like this.
  3. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

Thank you for tips on milling. I hadn't thought of that but I will now start (for the odd few seeds) but oh boy this is a LONG haul, I am still only on first crop with all the problems with logging on.. I'm getting very bored. ;)

sanddollar15, hatzeva and joanc123 like this.
  4. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I am using flash but today flash is super fast today as I am playing it on my phone I doubt unity will be this fast

I am on my last harvest on first crop, crop boosters seem to be non existence on the party wheel in last two days been growing the purple crop as no spooky buffs works on event crop only spooky crops so I can used spooky buffs better

with this long duration Moonlight mania put it all effort to complete all spooky quests before flash ends

merry Christmas everyone

5. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

oops - lost track of time and my head start of blank candles got milled. =((

Hope everything is having/had a wonderful Christmas!

BoHoKaren and joanc123 like this.
  6. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Active Author

I did that on dumbunny's farm, too, Solatido! Trying 5 PFs at one milling - 22 hours, maybe that'll be long enough and I'll remember.

sanddollar15, Sue46 and joanc123 like this.
  7. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Demigod

I had the good fortune to receive 4 Jack-o-gifts from those Piccolo wonder boxes. Each one gives +2 crops. Just need 2930 yellow candles to finish. My AmySue52 farm started the second crop yesterday. That farm only just yesterday received 1 +2 giver.
    Not a big fan of Unity, but it is do-able on the web. The stand alone client is not as user friendly for me.
    Wishing all a Happy, Healthy and Fun Farming New Year!! Yeaaaaaaa 2021. :D :music:

8. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I just unlock the third final crop, The event is not hard to do,but it is obvious that getting +1 0r +2 harvest booster on the party wheel is getting so rare that I am gaining party tickets because the odds of getting a decent useful prize as I have no need of golden bananas or stars as I have nothing useful to unlock in that department

hope you had a decent Christmas I wish you all happier new year for 2021

BoHoKaren, sanddollar15 and joanc123 like this.
  9. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

CR up and running. 8)
    Forever flash-.-

BoHoKaren and joanc123 like this.
  10. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

sewinglady's farm just got the CR. This farm is working on the last color of candles, so should make it. Baby farms did not attempt at all.

Now that I'm on the last color, I'm milling off the 5 when I get them...can't hurt.

11. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Bonus Code: NEWYEAR21

Will give you an Event Plant Booster.

Also there is a New Year gift available as from midnight tonight.

Happy New Year! ;)

12. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Happy New Year everyone.

For the life of me I could not remember tip, or why, of future milling the candles. Have had family visiting for 10 days, which meant visiting the forum was out. I was lucky to get on my farm at all. They have gone home now and I have a couple of days to myself.

For anyone that received a neighbour invite from ctill (level59) I just want to clarify that it is not me. I got one too.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  13. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

CT: You just have to keep putting them behind longer milling, when you get the next five Blank Candles, either delete the original milling and add the next five or add another milling of five. Just woke up so if this doesn't make sense, sorry. :p
    The important thing is, if you want them for the next starter seeds, you must stop them going through the mill! :D
    I managed to get a +100% Harvest on Wednesday and with the help of CFs, SG and SSG, I managed to finish the event. :)
    I think someone left the drop trap door open for my farm - I have a whopping 3,000+ Matchsticks with another four days to go!xD

This means I can cover my fields with production workshops to take advantage of Happy Workshop Day tomorrow (9 hours for all workshops!). :music:

14. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

Just planted my last harvest of green candles. I have almost 4000 matchsticks! I don't quite get why we are either scrambling for drops, or have such an over-abundance! I'm grateful we had a doable event, even with mistakes! One overnight, I somehow planted another crop, but saw I still would have time to finish here!

I'll have to put out many workshops! Hopefully there is still time to take advantage of Happy Workshop Day!

I hope everyone had a nice/safe Christmas and New Year's! Here's hoping that 2021 will bring us many good things!

15. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Cloud Row up and running.

16. tlcsquared

tlcsquared Padavan

I finally finished this event and got my cloud row up and running. This event was a little long and tedious for me. I did like that I could grow my normal stuff on the other fields though.

sanddollar15 and imalattanhalka like this.
  17. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Finally finished. Besides SG for the initial sow, no green juice used.
    I did find a few times planting glitched and sowed the item underneath the event crop, when the event crop was clearly highlighted. This meant either wasting time growing the crop (which had water and manure before I realised) or wasting the crop entirely and deleting it.
    Have moved back to MS Edge from Mozilla and farm is functioning more smoothly.

18. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

Through extreme luck with rolling 3 separate 200% harvest bonuses on the farm wheel, comfort crops in Baha, and liberal usage of SG and SSG I finished this in 5 days. It was kind of a whirlwind and the real push was on the green candle so I could clear my main field for workshops. I had no trouble with drops at all, did no strategy or long term overnight crops and even with just the 5 days, I had over 1500 drops leftover. I was just going to do one path but I hit that first bonus early on so took full advantage.

19. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Wheel bonuses certainly helped on my two farms. I've been done with the event, even on this farm, for several days. I did purposefully choose to do the baha section first, then the normal farm section, followed lastly by the MM section. My reasoning for this was to allow my farms to grow regular MM crops for as long as possible before the main MM field had to be taken up by the event crop.

I was very thankful that the event was so long. Real life got in the way, a lot. If you don't see me around these parts much the next couple months, it's because I'm devoting more time to getting my little micro-business back on its feet...it's back to the interwebs for me!

PS: Waving HI! to Clashstrummer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.