Holiday Event games "The way they were"

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by queen, Apr 20, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. queen

queen Forum Apprentice

Why cant you go back to the holiday games that you used to do. I remember and Easter egg hunt in the city. Not having to plant special crops and mill special crops. It was more FUN. I participate in almost NO events because in the last 5 years I have never been able to complete on, or even close. I get a few minutes in the morning and a few in the evening. THAT IS IT! It is so defeating to know you can never win a prize because you cannot spend more time on the game. So disappointed in the changes.

thequeen09ID: 29978062

Nala777, Sue46, 12ss12 and 4 others like this.
  2. nm56

nm56 Forum Duke

That's the way I felt when I first started playing. The first 3 years I didn't have enough computer time to complete any events so I would just do as much as I could.

Later I was able to finish events because I had more time. I actually got quite a few CRs. This lasted for about a year.

Now I still have the time but the requirements are too high to finish them so if I get the CR I consider myself lucky. So I am disappointed in some of the newer changes to the game also.

farmlily3, Sue46, 12ss12 and 2 others like this.
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I agree - the fun element is being slowly removed. I worked shifts for the first eight years and some events were tricky but I usually managed most. The only time I really struggled is when I was away from home - at that time I didn't buy the harvester so relied on vouchers. Not always able to make the most use of them. :eek:

Now I have all the time I need and I buy the monthly harvester but lately I have been lucky to complete any events. Maybe it is because I don't buy anything but the harvester ... o_O

I keep going cos I love my farm and the friends I have made through the game. After nine years of playing, it is a hard habit to break but lately I find myself a little bored with the same ol' same ol' event after event with no let up and little in the way of imaginative prizes. -.-

I now don't hang around in between harvesting - nothing to do as we don't get much time to accumulate stock for FSQs (which take forever as the requirements after a certain level are sky high!). If the idea is to encourage people to buy more, it's not working. If, however, it is to discourage people from playing, then it is probably more likely working for new players! What chance have they got? :(
    So I agree: BP put the fun back into this wonderful farming game! :)

On a similar topic, the Easter Competition: I looked all round the Forum and found just three pictures to colour in! How far into the Forum do we need to delve to get enough to compete! I drew the line at checking all the Archives! I gave up looking - life's too short! 8)

farmlily3, Sue46, trishap58 and 8 others like this.
  4. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

I whole heartily agree!!!!
    ;)The fun chats have ended. :cry:We have so many items that could be used for holiday related events...but alas, BP doesn't utilize them. We could have used eggs and paint pallets to color eggs etc. :music:

Sue46, trishap58, 12ss12 and 6 others like this.
  5. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I agree. I have lost interest in completing the events in full. If it is once in a while they require us to exert ourselves to finish an extraordinary demanding event, I can understand. But when all events are structured in this basis, It doesn't interest me at all.

farmlily3, Sue46, trishap58 and 2 others like this.
  6. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Spot on my feeling too. All events should be doable without any water, manure etc, but lately I feel you can't get to the CR without a cac even if you have hardly any idle times.

Especially those event that runs during holliday should be easy and relaxed. But hey BP, another Easter coming up (the orthodox ), feel free to try again :D

12ss12 and baw815 like this.
  7. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Great Master

I echo Moraine; and adding that long time players are getting played out. I posted in the Easter event that I lost another older neighbor who was at 214. i'm looking around seeing what else I can do, nothing to unlock, nothing to find, hundreds of pens, thousands of trees, I'm deciding about where I want to go with this. The events take up a lot of your free time instead of getting other work done just so a person can finish. I'm near 200 on the cloud row and without a helper or script I can't manage it manually every day, maybe a higher player level patch of land would be in order, one that you take your time to work on, like growing trees to make a building or even an outhouse for a village or something like that. something different without the time constraints. I'm surely game for something else.

farmlily3, baw815 and 12ss12 like this.