I'm broke, again! How do I make ccs?

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by farmer_broke, Sep 7, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

@spotsbox Hi! Nobody knows but us here really. I was broke and we'll try and do the big thing soon. I think we need some type of security to keep teddy.bear from running off with the cake. Hope we can have it in chat. tlc is really sweet.

PS My pet butterfly named spotsbox is still around too. :)

penguilnz likes this.
  2. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

hi broke! {{hugs from the Mama hen}} (I am the chicken right??) {{blush}}

I love the energy in this thread! What a fun, lighthearted way to introduce money-making strategies!

Make sure to let us know when you guys decide to have the wedding! I want to come! :) (I might even be persuaded to guard the cake from hungry bears... although I would suggest not making it chocolate!) ;) Also, remind me and I'll send you a wedding present to aid your attempts at investing in your future! ♥

--edit--
    But as in markets and in life... Nothing ventured, nothing gained... ;)

Enjoy your day! Give tlc a hug and a "hi" from me. :)

Last edited by moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    meba091 and penguilnz like this.
  3. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

Broke - I caught onto your "teaching" style when you started this thread. It is sort of a Socratic approach. I think it is a clever approach to help others to rethink how the market is used. Now that you have explained how you farm. I finally, get it as to why you are always Broke. I applaud your farming method. It sounds like too much thinking for me. I am a Hummingbird farmer. I intensely go after what I set my sights on and use way too much energy and effort doing so that I have no profits left over for my accomplishments. This makes me happy and brings me joy so it is worth the cost.

I do deeply appreciate when smart farmers like you and Aluntino discus your various farming techniques some of the information does penetrate my thick cranium and occasionally I do something smart. This always shocks and delights me when I can pretend to be a smart person.

Plus, if this thread has no other purpose, it is the most entertaining and fun threads around. The Mr Grumpy thread was the most funniest until I figured out with some help from a friend who Mr Grumpy is pretending to be. So keep asking us how you can get un-broke, if for now other reason then to make us laugh. Laughter has value and you have given me much so I will send you your requested CAC from my farmermeg farm. I truly do not need anything in return since you were the 1st to give me something.

penguilnz likes this.
  4. solotime

solotime Count Count

Now you gals and guys see why I am not getting married? [​IMG]

meba091, 100keltic and penguilnz like this.
  5. farmer_broke

@solotime I think I might understand thanks to your marriage thoughts o_O . I understand you are telling me that to "make" ccs is not to have a farm wife? Or is it to "keep" ccs? Now I am so confused. :inlove:

I want to talk to my farm wife about tree fruit and financing it. I have a new problem. :oops: I hate to ask everybody but:

Has anyone seen my farm wife? :cry: Always something! :cry::cry:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    penguilnz likes this.
  6. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

I think she ran off with the little red Truck.

penguilnz and Arielh like this.
  7. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I have talked to your farm wife...she has been battling a bad cold...you need to make dinner, clean up after the animals, and fold the laundry...:pxD

penguilnz and Arielh like this.
  8. farmer_broke

@farmerumf

No chocolate is probably a great idea. (Bears are nice and gentle most times. They can be bought and sold and slowly just go away to the quest workers.) :D

Hope we will be able to keep this thread lighthearted. Sure hope we can come back to chickens and rabbits and bears.

@sglick

hahahaha You see my farming method and see too much. Yes, it did require a little thinking at first. As time goes on though, it is very very easy and requires little, if any, thought. And there is so much to see. Oh yes, some of this is really funny.

I keep asking for help with tree fruit and none arrives. :cry: Seems rather strange, but there is an annual event where millions of tree fruit are required to be competitive. And the event is being played year round. Any idea what it is or why some are playing right now and it has not been officially announced?

@farmerumf

So she ran off with the red truck! :D We don't even use the beat up ol thing! o_O Why didn't she just take one of the limos and do whatever she is doing? I just don't understand the farm wife! I just don't understand o_O.

@puppiesnponies

A cold and running off with the red truck huh? I hope she will feel better. Ok, I'll take care of the chores. Right now I think I'll rush right out to the market and pick up a few things just in case she wants them when she returns.

Gotta run to market before it closes. When does counseling start? I can't wait.

--edit--

Back. Bought some stuff for the wife and now flat broke again. Exactly -0- and know the farm wife will just luv the stuff.

Just hate that sign which says: "Shucks, you don't have enough money!"

I'm gonna be a good farm hubby one day. hahahahaha

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    penguilnz likes this.
  9. tlcmom

tlcmom Forum Expert

@spotsbox sorry I did not get a chance to tell you about the wedding. We will have a real one in chat soon. I hope you can help me out.

@broke Yes your farmwife is back! I was down for a while this week. Thank you for taking care of the farm.:inlove: I have a nice pot of stewed chicken and rice on the stove. I want to make sure you will not catch a cold too. I checked the market medlar berry, sakura bloosom and strawberry tree fruit are running high. Also, some what strange parrots are higher than monkeys right now. You go check it out. I am going back to bed.:music:

penguilnz likes this.
  10. farmer_broke

@tlcmom

yum yum tlc, glad you are back and doing your thing in the kitchen. Checked out those parrot and monkey prices and the only reason I see for parrots higher than monkeys is a temporary bubble in prices. Someone was wildly gathering in anticipation of parrot breeding one of these days or not enough parrots on the market to buy the parrots in order to complete a quest. Lots of parrots in barns though.

The event going on is the race of those serious of being top 500 competitors. 8)

One must submit items (no pheromones thus far) and be in the top 500 of those submitting items. The total tally is based on exchange value. The exchange value leads to tree fruit being submitted. Millions of tree fruit are required to be submitted by each competitor in order to be mildly competitive.

One's ccs go furthest if one buys, across the board with this percentage being lowest: market price/exchange value. Buying any other way is simply throwing away ccs and I'm broke. :) Makes no difference what the tree fruit or item is as long as it is at or below their established buy percentage price.

One is buying it to throw it away and it make absolutely no difference the tree fruit it is.

Say apples cost 30 on the market and the exchange value is 60. 30/60 is .50 or 50% Too high for me to buy and give away if I want to play. Sorry, no competitor is working those, producers are working that price. And they know good and well what they are doing too.

Those three fruit my farmwife listed above are out of the question. They are on their way down in price. Buying to give away is nonsense. Only farmers gathering those are those who want some minimum level, and are willing to pay for them xD, and those growing them to sell to those filling FHO and those who don't know. Producers can keep those prices up through calls and I wish them well.

One fraction of a cc above my buy percentage price and it will sit on the market.

Those who are gathering are removing this stock from the market and have already concluded they are gone. Supply shrinks in barns and before one gathering knows it, the gathered tree fruit is in a profit position. They begin to dump them and take the profit and reinvest in another tree fruit that meets their need and the same thing happens. :music:

Oranges did the same thing to me. Gathered 800,000 and then found myself in a profit position and I start unloading um. And spending and, you know, broke again :cry:

Can anyone see why lemons are where they are or why milk has a little ways further to drop before gathering seriously begins, or why eggs are about there on some markets, and finally, why parrot feathers will not drop much lower?

Wanna sell your tree fruit? One can, just meet one's minimum percentage buy price and they go. Too high, hahahahahaha, they come back to our barn. xD

Make any sense?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    100keltic and penguilnz like this.
  11. Jools

Jools Forum Pro

ummm.......quite frankly - NO! o_O

penguilnz likes this.
  12. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

oh a wedding in the chat?:music: Be careful of Teddy for the wedding cake:p

penguilnz likes this.
  13. farmer_broke

@Jools

:) Thanks for the honesty. Is there a specific part which does not make sense? I will try and explain better.

Say you need a minimum of 450,000,000 exchange value of items in order to be competitive with those playing that event now (before announced).

What are you going to submit? (Some have been gathering tree fruit for years in anticipation of participating)

Are you going to grow it? How many years will it take?

Will you buy it? Can I buy them at a good price in one day? Have enough ccs?

Please assist me in understanding the flaw in this analysis. I will gladly debate it with 25 or so farmers who have been doing it.

penguilnz likes this.
  14. Jools

Jools Forum Pro

yes, the bits between the first word and the last word xD:p

penguilnz likes this.
  15. farmer_broke

Jools, there definitely is a lot to this. I still argue with the big boys and girls and loose every single time :cry: . And they just laugh xD

All items we produce or grow have an exchange value. This exchange value is set by the developers or producers and is fixed. The market value of the item is determined by supply and demand. The exchange value for lettuce is 1 cc and the market value is different in most cases (depends on the specific market we are on.) So we have the exchange value and the market value.

A few for example:

item exchange

lettuce 1 (market value depends on your market)
    apples 60 (market value depends on your market)
    plums 90 (market value depends on your market)
    cucumber 6 (market value depends on your market)
    papayas 240 (market value depends on your market)

Look in your barn and you will find the ev of items you have in your barn.

No need to try and make sense of this in too much detail yet as the above is just the way it is. It is part of the game.

Clear so far? Please ask anything, we are helping so many with this.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    100keltic and penguilnz like this.
  16. msmeow

msmeow Junior Expert

:) You are all very witty and I love reading your remarks ....for my 2 CC's farmer_broke, if you are tired of your methods then perhaps try Aluntino's thread ( somewhere else here on money making) which has helped me and higher level players too;) money makes the world go around as some say:( Unfortunately some farming may be required.

Wishing you all the best...in your non-farming play style:)
    P.S. Mr. Grumpy I do love your grumpiness and perfect Avatar.

penguilnz likes this.
  17. farmer_broke

@msmeow

Yeah! :D 2 CC's from msmeow. Now I'm getting somewhere and on a roll.

I like reading Aluntino's writing. Makes me tired just thinking about all that growing though. If you and Aluntino and that Mr. Grumpy would come up with the crop I can harvest once a week then I might just do a little growing, no promises :D.

Until then, may I borrow a few tomatoes to unload before this event is over? o_O About 50,000 more will do.

penguilnz likes this.
  18. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

What do you want to find out by the exchange and market value?

penguilnz likes this.
  19. farmer_broke

@Arielh :D

First, simply trying to emphasize and explain that there is a difference in the two terms: market value and exchange value.

From there, explain the use of each, then relate tree fruit market price to exchange price, and finally to explain how those preparing to compete for a position in the top 500 are contributing to the increase and stability of tree fruit prices. They are playing an unannounced event and have been and most cannot see it.

Playing with tree fruit and not knowing is a sure way to be broke like me.

On the surface, tree fruit appears to be a very long and difficult way to make ccs without producing tree fruit and a very easy way to spend ccs and even throw away ccs.

Thanks for not advising me to grow the stuff :D . You're terrific!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    penguilnz likes this.
  20. Marilena

Marilena Forum Greenhorn

Broke and tlc- Wish you both a happy farm life! Wish tlc treats you better than I did! :):inlove:
    I think that Mariland and lonely chickens are already disappeared.

Ps: Einstein, broke again? I'm planning to spend all my 5,5 million Cc and buy other things.Then I will sell everything at 0.10.. That's my only way of making some money.Do you want to buy them? What do you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.