I'm broke, again! How do I make ccs?

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by farmer_broke, Sep 7, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

xD@ Maril
    Good to see you. You know I'm always broke. :cry: Yup, changed up the park a little. Too broke to buy water so I put out the water. Now the park is good for something. hahahaha :D

haha
    Sold about 15,000 donkeys to a breeder. Since the farmer bought that many I gave a partial cc back guarantee. Here it is:

If you want to believe this hoax then I will sell the donkeys. I will buy them back for the exchange value within 10 days and no questions asked. xD xD xD

yeeee haaawwwww Let this September thinggie begin yeeeeeeee haaaaawwwww

This is exactly why I tried to discuss tree fruit and nobody cared. Oh well. And there is more in store.

broke's poop shop is open for business too and the first thing to dump is the carrots with it. yeeeeeeeeee haaaawwwww

What do I buy next and why? Please help me not to be broke.

Uh Oh! The shopping problem again. :cry:

Question hahahahaha Does donkey breeding come before or after elephant breeding?

hmmm I want a couple of cats and dogs. Next thing will be a catdog breeding animal. hahahhahahaha

penguilnz likes this.
  2. Chevrefeuille

Chevrefeuille Forum Commissioner

All this "breaking" news: Broke broke, Marilena back ... and rich, Broke and Mari ... well broke/unhitched and disappearing lonely chickens and Broke and Tlc hitched! I was only gone for a week! :D

Is that the odour of fresh poo I smell? :wuerg:

penguilnz and farmlily3 like this.
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Something on its way to help you out of your financial crisis! xD

penguilnz likes this.
  4. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Sorry broke...as I have said before, I am only a puppy and cannot run with the big dogs. I am not even allowed off the porch!

As far as tree fruit goes, you have already explained your buy percentage equation and have a target price you will pay and clear guidelines with hundreds of thousands of transactions experience to support your position. Not sure that I could add anything worthwhile but here goes: buy a new truck (a big one!), fill it with items on my shopping list each day, drive over to pnp farm and unload. Ok?

You say apples are not an ideal fruit...send all your apples to my sweet Shetland pony. He adores apples as a treat!

penguilnz, farmlily3 and Arielh like this.
  5. farmer_broke

@Chevrefeuille I thought you had mended your ways. Will you STOP with the gift sending. :cry: You are making me crazier. You are always so nice. But ...well...I think you deserve another vacation. :D Just stop. (On your way, stop and buy a little Broke's Prize Poop, it's really super doop.)

@illy1996 Oh No! The gift sending you and Chevrefeuille do is just ridiculous. Go to the gift thread, or whatever it is, and send some of that junk to those people.

Whatcha buying these days? AND STOP the gifts. xD

@puppiesnponies Those apples have been working the heck out of me. Apple prices slowly being reflected in animal feed now, slowly.

new just for you: Increase in pheromone prices will continue to create chaos in the breeding animals market as prices begin to be fully reflected in the animals themselves. Lots of old breeding animals with cheap pheromones still in barns. The mixture of the old and the new is making breeding very unprofitable for many.

hint hint: Call for potatoes is overdue. Ingredients for sheep feed is apple and potatoes. Sheep are being called for now. Potatoes needed for newbie quests in large amounts.... hahahaha :D And newbies do not realize how expensive completing the quests calling for potatoes (and hops too) really makes them. I hope to finish them in the year 2019 ... well start them xD I bought 1 or 2 extra cheap sheep feed.

I suggested buying sheep, pigs an cows when they were near the price of a 1 hour chicken. Check the prices on your market now and this should explain why.

Call for rhubarb long overdue too. If producers bother with it too much they begin to further bother the artisan product market and breeding animals.

Producers have continued to create terror with corn through the cow call.

:cry: puppiesnponies I have been shopping again :cry: But I'm not broke today, :D yet.

I'll stick to collecting M6 coins for fun. M6 will be completed when I learn to grow stuff.

Nicely to my neighbors: Whatever it is you are growing over there with super grow, please keep that junk from growing on my farm.

What should I buy today? No, not growing anything. Too much work.

cya later. going to market to dump some carrots, strawberry, cranberry, apples, ducks, horses. cows, sheep and buy some lettuce and some of that cheap feed for my customers. What else to buy?

PS Careful with fennel, barn supplies are not healthy for many.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    penguilnz likes this.
  6. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

Hi Broke and CC making Peeps......I still making cc as usual but the Craft Market have slumped a bit lately, All Fruit Prices gone up especially Island Fruit Prices, I Wonder how the fruits prices fair up when the October Fest arrives next Month....

I am grow CAC and selling them for cc just to get Confectionery to Level 5 almost there now, As i Been Hoarding all the crafts of Sugar, Salt,Wires, Herbals and Mandrakes as they all over 20K in Stock in My Barn as I am Level 5 Baker and Florist soon Confectionery to Level 5, then it onto Level 5 Spa Manger next....

Hi marl Hope all is well with you, that goes to Puppies and Illy too

7. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

Oh Broke, I need your help. Desperately! I was investment shopping for Island crops and ran into a bargain or was it a sucker punch. :eek: Anyway, I ended up buying 30,000 Vanilla for 60 CC a piece. I do believe the price will go up when the new Island thingy gets launch sometime in the distant future. How will I know when it is time to sell? A long time ago AnnT told me of a formula - something about .9, but being the dingbat that I am with math. I have forgotten the formula. Do I multiple the .9 or divide it into what - I forget? Please help me understand how high the selling price in the market has to get so that when I sell my Vanilla, I will make a profit. :DThanks. :)

8. farmer_broke

@sglick So nice and unexpected to see you. :)

the price you bought vanilla for was 60

divide by .90

equals 66.67

This is the price you must list the item for in order to make -0-.
    Any amount you list for (sell for) beyond 66.67 you make ccs if it sells.
    Any amount less and you definitely loose.

Same formula for anything bought here to resell.

Question. Why would the price for vanilla go up when the new island "thingy" (<----- I like that xD) gets launched.

penguilnz, msmeow and sglick like this.
  9. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

Remember Shipwreck bay, I am hedging on a similar thing happening. Thanks! I really should write this formula down somewhere. I know I won't since I will only forget where I put it. Now I can come back to this thread if or rather when I forget again. HeHeHe Isn't life full of thingies?

10. farmer_broke

Here is an easy way to remember this "thingy": If you multiply your purchase price times .90 you will get a number less than what you paid for it. Now that can't be what we want since we want profit. So we divide by .90

I must remember: THIS NUMBER IS THE NUMBER TO MAKE -0- CCS. -0- -0- -0- goose egg I want more or I'll be broke :( so I must sell for more:) And then I can buy another "thingy" (<----- I luv that)

Wasn't a new quest introduced with Shipwreck Bay which drove prices?

Since this is you, and puppiesnponies and Brokeham and the farmwife tlcmom are not around now, I'll go to market and think about this vanilla "thingy." One thing for sure though: I will buy my daily allotment of 100 vanilla "thingy" :D

I won't promise I will hold them until the new island "thingy" if I buy any. I'll let you know what I do about following sglick's investment "thingy."

Thanks for trying to help me not be broke, again.

penguilnz likes this.
  11. puppiesnponies

sglick - I would agree that the future development of Baharama may drive prices of vanilla up except there is speculation that the coral reef may be launched with our extra stars rather than golden bananas. However, should we get another breeding animal (elephants?), another chamber to open with either new crops or trees, you will see vanilla go up, as well as all other spa ingredients to help players gain BEP (or is it TEP?) to then in turn gather golden bananas. I don't think you will lose on this investment...you will just have to be patient...

penguilnz likes this.
  12. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

I didn't know this...
    well what do you mean in order to make -0-?

penguilnz likes this.
  13. farmer_broke

@Arielh

Missed you. The computation gives us our break-even point.

If we sell the items which we purchased for 60, for any amount less than 66.67, then we loose ccs on the investment.

If we sell the items which we purchased for 60, for exactly 66.67, then we make -0- ccs on the investment. <--------------

If we sell the items which we purchased for 60, for any amount greater than 66.67, then we begin to make ccs on the investment.

The computation dividing by .90 gives us the rock bottom price we can sell the items back for and not loose ccs or make ccs. There is no net increase or decrease in ccs here.

xD If I buy at a price
    then use the .90 computation to figure the minimum not to loose anything
    and I keep doing this over and over again,

well, .... then I am a donkey running on a wheel like a gerbil runs on the wheel. I am going nowhere. xD

@Mooboy

Nice to meet you.

Please give me a little longer to think about what you are saying. Congratulations on your trade work. We have a few similarities and differences. I like your style. All of my trades are closed. My whole Artisan park is ready for sale. Wish I could sell them. Have a few thoughts which I hope will add to your view. Just a little while longer though. :p

@sglick

Okay, I have blind faith in you. I'm now an sglick follower. (Really following so I can sleep in your barn, maybe, when I'm flat broke again. Can't go to tlcmom when I'm broke; haven't earned the plastic yet.)

Nothing on my market in that large of a volume so I will have to make several trips to the mall. Desperation sellers will be out just after the event and I will wait on them to arrive so I can buy more.

14. sglick

sglick Board Analyst

Oh No! The pressure.:oops: What if I am wrong? :wuerg:I often am. xDWho knows what will be needed for this new Island? :eek:Since my main focus in this game is completing things, I stocked my barn full of Island crops yesterday and just happened to stumble upon the 30K of Vanilla. I figure even if I can't make a profit. I can use the Vanilla to make Mos to give to all my friends. LOL!

Arielh - Another way to look at the divide by .90 is that it tells you what price to sell an item in order to make additional CCs - a profit. In the example above if I sell my 30K Vanilla for 75CCs. I can calculate how much profit I made by subtracting 66.67 from 75 or 75 - 66.67 = 8.33. This means that I will make 8.33 profit for each Vanilla crop. If I sell all 30K @ 75CC, then I will make 249,900 CCs in profit.

BTW - In my market, Vanilla is up to 66.25. I still would not make a profit, yet.

penguilnz and Arielh like this.
  15. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Hi broke.....what? I'm not around??? All this money or cc talk is making my head spin! Although it inspired me to go buy some vanilla! LOL...thanks sgilck!
    I find that I am a hoarder of cc's..........then I binge and spend a few million. I'm not great at playing the market....I tend to buy crops I need, but don't like to grow...and trees! I haven't had a walnut, plum or pear out in over a year! LOL I did put 3 scent trees out(ugh...25 eps..head slap!)....b/c the pheromone market is getting too high!

Elephants new breeder on baha????? Any proof????

I am also building a supply of baha boost products in case of necessity for the reef opening....plus the market(as stated above) has dipped for these!

broke - what do win if you are 1 of the TOP 500???? Good luck....oh and I do apologize for the super grow! LOL

penguilnz likes this.
  16. puppiesnponies

More shopping! Tsk. Tsk. xD Seems like those meetings are not doing you any good! LOL

You know I am just teasing....

penguilnz likes this.
  17. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

farmer_broke,

I probably missed this: are you going for the Top500? I get, of course, the underlying market currents the Top500-goers fuel. But, still, as the heavy market player I am, I feel these are not so defining: temporary bubbles -or, sheer dumbness --> take a look at rooster feed pricing --> it's a hilarious case- define more.

My only observation to your reasoning is that you give too much credit to the ability of the wide majority of players of carefully pondering/analyzing costs/effort/even actual profit (if they just bought for resale, as I do every day in many cases) at the moment they price the goods they sell. Most of them don't. They don't seem to have a clue, actually. That's why market is such a powerful means/endless well of resources for players who do watch it and play it to the their full advantage, whatever this may be based on their own goals.

For instance, I heavily play the bred animals market, an extremely interesting case. I use to "clean up" the bottom of the listings and "power-up" the top of those same listings to induce a rise in prices, in a kind of educational process. I've been successful many many times, and I noticed some players -only 3 or 4 in my mkt- get what I'm doing. (By the way, I have lots of fun from doing it).

Another observation I have is that players generally don't understand the specifics of both market dynamics and how the marketplace actually works. For example, many don't get the fact the system calculates average recent sale prices to set the figure you find when you decide to quote. Therefore, they tend to sub-price their goods. This is particularly true in the bred animals market, where maybe there's only one/two pages of offers, and also the expiration of offers has to be taken into account (the 7 days). You can find many examples of the next breeding level animal priced at a fraction of the previous one: irrational as it comes.

Final comment: I know you already do, but I encourage all to disregard any suggestions on how this game must be played. There are no musts. It's OK that someone just wants to do events and normal farming and sow and harvest in a Fordian-like manner -which I find dumb and boring, not challenging at all-. It's OK that someone, like you, doesn't want to do that and just wants to play the market. It's OK every single shade of grey in between. (I'm in one of those shades of grey).

What I try everyone to understand is that they must set their goals clearly. And, additionally, that all what this game is about is to efficiently use the means it provides to get those goals done. Of course, this includes the market, which is essential if anyone wants to achieve any efficiency at all and don't over-spend RL money. The key concept is that, with limited space and limited time (the player's, mainly), it's impossible to get everything done by oneself. So, the player must choose: that's all what strategy here is about. And the markets are where the different needs of all players converge to and get balanced. Clever usage of market maximizes output related to everyone's own goals, no matter what these may be.

Finally, regarding donkeys/elephants: it's obvious BP craves for introducing new breeding animals from time to time (lately, at a higher frequency); therefore, whatever normal animal left should be hoarded. In the Island, elephants and parrots are the ones still to be included in the breeding lot: they will be, so no raising/buying efforts today will be wasted; the same goes for donkeys -and, in the not so far future, beavers and peacocks, may be also some of the rare animals-.

penguilnz, msmeow, heidels and 3 others like this.
  18. farmer_broke

@Aluntino

Yes, I am leaning toward competing for a top 500 position and have four concerns which are extremely important to me:

(1) The act of submitting millions of items, presently in a profit position, will lead to an immediate loss in terms of strength and flexibility in the marketplace. One immediate impact will be the slow in growth rate of the farm, assuming the farm itself survives.

(2) All groundwork in place to compete for a position in the top 10 farmers in terms of ccs must be completely forgotten about. Let anyone of them make a mistake and they are caught but even so, at this time, I would not be able to remain there.

(3) This forum is composed of a wonderful family of farmers. It is time for a member of this family to go to the top 500 and be successful in order to remain.

(4) I will listen unconditionally to my farm wife, tlcmom. "Do it" or "Don't" and it is a done deal.

I can appreciate your point that the top 500 serious competitors are often not so defining in their activities which is exactly the reason I mentioned them. There are only a few who are serious and will compete efficiently and believe me they do. My point is to make others aware of what we are doing, how we are doing it, and often times this cannot be seen. Before writing here, I cleared all tree product at or below my buy price which I have defined as a % of exchange value. For some tree fruit I cleared pages and pages, for a couple I cleared 2 lines, and for several I did not touch. (Lemon is cheap but higher than my buy price due to percentage of exchange buying. I regard it as the best of all to simply and cleanly view demand and supply.) Yes, there are lots of bubbles and nonsense.

Rooster feed price is truly hilarious. Yes, I have invested in it, understand why prices for this feed are as they are, and realize the payoff is a long time off too. We can find several other examples in the artisan product market but none as extreme as rooster feed. I have learned to play the feed market.

Yes, I do give credit to those using the market and realize there are those who may welcome a little genuine assistance. That was the purpose of the old thread where I was including all the information in a single place while trying to meet the needs of players at different levels. No, I will not do it all again but there is the need as we were both novices at one time and learned.

The breeding market is fascinating also. This farm does not significantly play the breeding animal market. I have set up a farm which is aimed at breeding. It is still too young to do much else than mill power feed and earn stars to open runes. Pheromone prices and buff usage should keep that market out of balance for a long time to come. Any thoughts on whether or not it is the intent of developers to allow breeding animals to be submitted for the animal trophy? Several are far less than their exchange value which make them ideal candidates. Yes, I am ever so slowly gathering just in case.

Thanks for emphasizing there are no musts in how this game should be played. Clearly setting objectives in order to work toward the accomplishment of ones goals is the best advice any of us can give another in playing this game or in RL.

I play the special animals market regularly and have slowly started gathering them for breeding. Finally, I choose not to ignore peanut butter or timber as they relate to elephants and beavers. CCs are sunk though and in order to acquire them in significant number one must have ccs. And this takes me back to: one must begin somewhere. I'll be flat broke again soon.

Thanks again for the help here.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    penguilnz likes this.
  19. tlcmom

tlcmom Forum Expert

@broke I am still around checking the forum watching what you are up to. You play the market enough for both of us. I mainly sell what is need for current events( cranberries, strawberries, cows, horses etc.) I have listen to you and have started getting into the feed market. I am making lots of cc's with this feed market, Esp. the spider and anaconda feed.

Behave and try not to drive everybody crazy until I chat with you again. Thanks to all who have check in with me the entire family is finally virus free. Hopefully the kids do not bring anything back home!

Happy Farming and Shopping!:inlove:

penguilnz likes this.
  20. farmer_broke

:cry: I'm so sad again. The event is over, all the farmers left town, I had stuff just for them and ... well

they left me holding the poop. :cry::cry: I tried to hold vanilla like sglick taught me but I sold um too. Tried spinning the wheel for ccs and guess what I got? :cry::cry: Something called ep. Oh No! I knew I could come here to my friends for help. I'm just so ashamed, again.

What do I do now? I need some real help, I'm broke again, flat broke, exactly -0- ccs. Awe shucks! :cry:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    penguilnz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.