Important Announcements

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by illy1996, Nov 11, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I found out via a player initiated thread about the extention to the current event even though I had read (what I thought were) the latest posts on the Events thread. In fact I hadn't gone far enough back so missed the announcement. :oops:

On the whole, I really like the "new" Forum but is there no way to highlight important information - maybe as a "news flash"? The side bar just says Comic Event #6 (Day 6). :)

Michael1877 likes this.
  2. Michael1877

Michael1877 Old Hand

In my opinion extending an event or announcing the extended time of an event, especially one that caused some confusion and irritation as this one, should be important enough to move it to "Official Announcements".
    In this section of the forum it should be easily noticed.

3. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Hi illy :D there is a very useful feature called "watch forum", which will give you an "alert" (like the ones you can get for for instance "likes"), when there is something new in a particular section of the forum. Here is how it works:
    • Go to a forum section, for instance "Official announcements" and click "watch forum"

[​IMG]

• Choose to send notifications for "new messages" and click "watch forum"

[​IMG]

• Now you will get an alert every time there is a new message in "Official announcements"
    I would recommend this for all the four "Headquarters" sections and the two FAQ sections :)

4. Michael1877

Michael1877 Old Hand

Thank you -Mir85-!
    I'm still finding out new things about the new forum, so far I thought this watch function was automatically administered when answering or posting a thread.....I already added the Event section to my watch list.....

5. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I think there are a lot of useful features in this forum :D

I your user settings you can decide if you want alerts for threads you post in. That would be way too many alerts for me xD I prefer to get alerts only for the things I absolutely don't want to miss. I use the new post button on the green menu line, to find, well, the new posts :p

CaliChrome and Michael1877 like this.
  6. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks Mir - I was actually talking to Teddy about this in Chat and Teddy suggested exactly the same! I have opted for threads but I think it will be better for messages. Will amend toute de suite! ;)

-Mir85- and Arielh like this.
  7. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

Never realized this -Mir- , Thank you for pointing it out.
    It will make it much easier when time is short, to check for important info.

-Mir85- likes this.