Feedback Important Technical Test for 48 Hours

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Dec 11, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

Please use this thread to discuss this Important Technical Test for 48 hours.

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative. Please try to bring arguments for supporting your statements, it would help us greatly!

Thank you for your support!
    Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. çiftlik1655

çiftlik1655 Forum Greenhorn

Hello, I can not log in to the game in any way, I tried to download the client you provided, a few times, all of them download failed ...

3. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

First, let me say that I appreciate all efforts that are being made to keep our farms going in Unity. I am glad we get to test the program prior to its official launch when Flash Adobe discontinues. I expected some bumps along the way until things got sorted out, so I'm not too bothered by these 'growing pains.' However, while my game play is possible, it is not enjoyable :(

The game is still very slow though I have plenty of space/internet speed/processing stuff as described by the system requirements in FAQ.

It took a combined total of 16 minutes to harvest CR and the farm with harvester machinery. I would have given up if I had to farm manually. At the 12 minute mark, I was on my last field, Crystal Falls. The spinning flowers of doom meant a refresh which took another 4 minutes to reload. The fields had indeed harvested and I only had to resew crops, clean/feed the stables/workshops.

The seed menu for me is a nightmare as reported in every feedback. I see no improvement. :( Not only do the seed icons have inconsistent backgrounds (some black, some green, some multicolored), but the crops extend outside of the menu onto the playing field and overlap the bar that shows harvest drops. The arrow to scroll to another page is missing so I can only plant what is on the first page.
    [​IMG]

Shipwreck Bay has a giver that will not load. Its space is just blank green but when you hover over the space, it does show its name and that it did harvest. There also remains a pink area that covers a giver.
    [​IMG]

I tried to play the board game for the event and it is impossible :(
    The boards are different sizes, the game piece selection has some missing players (reindeer, pig and the first one), the figures are superimposed behind each other (I see 2 Santas and 2 moles). I cannot select a different board but when I try to click on the current selection of Santa, nothing happens. A refresh of the game did not change anything. Good thing the event continues beyond this test.
    [​IMG]

4. bıcıbacı

bıcıbacı Forum Apprentice

I can not log in

ç.çiftçi likes this.
  5. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

I am basically going to copy PuppiesnPonies feedback for the first part. However I cannot attest to anything else as I cannot get further. At the moment I am sitting here with a 504 Gateway TimeOut.
    That was after being kicked out 3 times before fully logging in.
    ASUS UX461UN WIN10+, Intel Quad core i7, 16GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce MX150
    MS Edge.
    Game play is not enjoyable :(
    So far it has been over 30 mins and I have yet to fully harvest, plant and reset animals. And that is using the harvester machinery. The glitchiness of the pointer while hovering over the harvester function panel is terrible. The "hand" pointer is a different size to the arrow pointer and looks and feels clumsy. Then once you click on a function, it disappears altogether while it thinks about things, and you cannot move on to line up your next task. Click, wait until the pointer comes back, click, wait until the pointer comes back, click, wait until the pointer comes back.

And now to forum access. I wasn't here when we changed to this new forum. The fact that you can only sign in via the game is terrible, given the current situation. "Hey, I'm having a problem but I cannot tell you". Once upon a time you used to be able to sign in directly to the forum from forum home page. When everything is running smoothly, its all well and good, however to not be able to sign in and report and issue is discouraging not to say the least.

I will come back and update with more, if any, once I can get in and play. I wont be downloading the client as my laptop is more than powerful enough to cope with what is required.

ASUS UX461UN WIN10+, Intel Quad core i7, 16GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce MX150
    Google Chrome.
    Just popped over to my little experimental farm where there are no perks. Manual harvesting. Oh dear what a pitiful shame that is. Double clicking does not work to harvest a mature crop. A double click would normally select the field then select the harvest icon. Now again, it is click to select the field, wait for the graphic to catch up, then click to harvest. It just took me 5 mins 13 seconds to harvest 182 1x1 plots. That is NOT including replant. Replanting works as it should, and is as fast as you can move.

update 6.45am GMT+8
    I do prefer Edge over Chrome as the game setout for popups etc is slightly different.
    Based on Matsellestes feedback I will download Firefox and give that a try. I stopped using firefox many years ago because its functionality began to lack.

update 15 mins later.
    Now this is an interesting development. small farm - Chrome. Manual harvesting.
    Still no change regarding speed ( or lack of) with the game having to wait for the pointer graphic to load before it will do anything. However, my laptop does have a touch screen. So I gave that a shot. Perfect. Brilliant. The game almost processed everything including the double tap harvest as quickly as I could move (except around the edges of course). So Unity does have the ability and the speed, and it seems to be the pointer loading slowing it down which is totally weird.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    pferdepferdefarm likes this.
  6. codyj

codyj Active Author

I'm having same issues, with extreme slowness (yes I have machinery - still have a long wait) not just with signing on but crops loading on to the field, harvesting, seeding. nothing shows ready to harvest, not crops, pens, or trees. I have the same issue with the seed menu not displaying properly as shown above in PuppiesnPonies post. I didn't even try to harvest my EP givers or pets. and yes my animation is turned off. Game is not enjoyable this way. codyj #44475068

ç.çiftçi likes this.
  7. joellen57

joellen57 Forum Apprentice

OK same issues as with my big farm under codyj but I had mystery trees planted and even after harvesting the ready to harvest sign remained. These were the only items in both farmerama fields and Baha Fields that had a ready to harvest sign (and it would not go away.) and so horribly slow I didn't even try to harvest cloud row, ep givers or pets. really not fun. joellen57 #45058156

8. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Using Firefox, 4 year old PC, full machinery, today, everything is FABULOUS. Feels just like in Flash. The past few days had been glitchy, slow loading, lots of freezing... but today it's perfect, performancewise. I would like to echo what pnp said above about appreciating the efforts being put forth, we all know it would be easier and simpler for the game to just be scrapped, and I think I speak for all of us when I say we are glad that's not the decision!

ctindaldavies likes this.
  9. pferdepferdefarm

pferdepferdefarm Active Author

I can load and play in a fashion but see no changes from the original test despite all the feedback. You have to sort out the trees and fields not showing different at each stage of growing otherwise its all guess work. I harvest manually across all 12 fields when moonlight madness is on.

I have played for years but am now just coming on twice a day and planting items that last all day. I've given up on challenges.

RebaFC likes this.
  10. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

Frustrated as all get out at UNITY as I have had to reload my game at least a dozen times in the last four hours to play a once enjoyable game. Repeatedly this game locks up and will not load fields.
    I think of what Eliza Doolittle said in My Fair Lady while at the end of the horse race applies to BP.

RebaFC and pofucuk like this.
  11. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Why I must turn animations on to see stages of growing? I have played years animations turned off (and voices as well, not to disturb others)- since there was a flying object, which made harvesting of the park difficult. I want to see stages of growing and especially see, when trees and crops are ready! You can turn off all the other animations, they are not vital for farming. You can bring them back later, when game works well.

Baking legends is invisible on pet playfield and at least two items are completely missing, there are empty spots and mouse-over do not give any hint there.

[​IMG]
    That loading flower is very annoying. I click harvest-button and my mouse pointer disappears and I get that flower, always on that same distance off the button I use. When that flower disappears, my mouse pointer is back in right place. But my mind works so, that I believe mouse to be on that point, where the flower is, so it makes my playing very misplaced. Same happens also with seeder and other functions on farm-droid.

[​IMG]
    Those numbers :eek: Could you do something? They look horrible. I'd like to see real amount of my barn and formatted better, not cut in the middle of number and long chain of combined number-rows.

For some reason FSQ-button on left of the screen turns grey in some stage and I cannot access. It works again, when I refresh the game.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    RebaFC likes this.
  12. RebaFC

RebaFC Junior Expert

The scroll bar in the Magic Stalk results window does not display properly. When scrolled to the top and bottom, the slider is not shown at the top and bottom, respectively.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The map keyboard shortcut ("-") does not work from the city.

Last edited by moderator: Dec 11, 2020
  13. asta.neiti

asta.neiti Forum Pro

Unity: When I used harvester in the main field and move on green meadow (or somewhere
    else), harvester does not work anymore at all. I need refresh the game and then it works again.
    Very annoying :wuerg::mad:

14. nacori

nacori Forum Apprentice

i have been trying both and there is some improvement there is a lot of freezing on both!When i go to harvest park and shipwreck it turns PINK and i have to wait for it to change back to normal this happens on both ! IThanks for trying to keep the game going!

15. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

Game in Unity is sort of playable for me, to an extent. Problems remain pretty much the same as posted previously. Without going into details, which are many, here are the main issues:
    • When animation is switched off fields and trees do not show ripe. I switched it on just to see if it works with that - it does, but then the game becomes absolutely complete mess. So this is one thing that needs to be disconnected from "animation switch". Trees and fields need to show stages of ripe even with animation off, as is in flash. Should be easy to do, don't know why it is not fixed yet after being reported so many times.
    • Game does not always respond to clicks as it should. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. Manifests profusely when harvesting stables all 4 actions in fast-click-sequence on each stable. It get's very laborious when harvesting trees manually. Got annoyed pretty quick and stopped. So in nutshell something is wrong with active click zone.
    • A dozen or two of other issues, hard graphics, missing objects etc. - think will focus on details when the major issues are removed.
    On the plus side, surprisingly had no issues manually harvesting givers in Park. Loading issues within game - the game is slower then flash, but sort of manageable. Can play if I am not in hurry. There are occasions when the game feels ok with reference to speed, but it doesn't last long usually.

I have not tried download client yet. Have issues with anything that needs to be constantly re-downloaded / updated. Like with every event as the FAQ says - sorry, not interested. Also what I read about window size is not satisfactory. But normal game in browser is not adjustable at all as to it's size, and the game / objects size basically goes with the screen resolution - so not sure where the problem is, why these magnification steps don't fit into whatever size players had before. The only difference is that in browser we can adjust the window size, but then only part of the play field is visible if the browser window is made smaller.

16. berre

berre Forum Greenhorn

QUOTE = "farm1655, post: 261589, member: 18960"] Hello, I can't login to the game at all, I tried to download the client you provided several times, all failed to download ... [/ QUOTE]
    yes I can not enter too flash adobe was better and fast.

17. ozneme

ozneme Forum Greenhorn

No Seed Menu Cannot be Planted
    must come back until the flash goes out
    no crop of activity
    [​IMG]

ç.çiftçi likes this.
  18. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Every time I delete a "Pumpkin Routine" from Castaway Coast, the Farm Coin Shop opens. With about 10 to delete, that's pretty annoying given it pops up each time!

Edit: Huh, funny - the second I posted that, the issue stopped! If only that were the case with every issue reported!

Edit 2: Aaaand it's back again. For about 2 of the Pumpkin Routines it was fine!

Other notes
    • I can't access the Farmer's Society or Customers from the farm. I have to access it from the city, as the buttons on the left are greyed out.
    • The visual appearance of the FSQs is hideous. The font is weirdly bolded and the progression bars are horrible to look at

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  19. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Something funny going on with 3 Ghibli Wonder trees I've tried to plop down on my Magical Glade (just now getting around to restoring that field from the last event that used it). So, these three trees are invisible with rotating loading flowers...and if I hover over the area, the thing comes up to tell me that they have 4 hours left of grow time.

I tried the Unity client - same result, except that the grow time was 5 hours (and yes, I have the rune open in the Wisdom tree to shorten the development time of wonder trees, regular ol' trees, etc.)

So now I'm wondering if I should leave them down, pull them up, or what?

Farm ID: 53265435

20. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

Gifting is broken now.

When I would go to gift, my friends used to pop up and active neighbors were first. Now I get a friends list that includes every friend I ever had (which over something like 10 or 12 years is a lot) and I can only sort by level or alphabetically. Can we get our neighbors to the top of the list when gifting again please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.