Feedback Important Technical Test for 48 Hours

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Dec 11, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oops-a-Daisy

Oops-a-Daisy Someday Author

both seem to be running much better today still some issues to be fixed but i have found both to be playable! still get PINKpark and i wish there was a way to save log in details(on the down load one) and not having to keep filling them in all the time but overall quite a happy farmer here!

2. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

Gameplay has become horrid. >:(
    But we better get used to it. :wuerg:
    Smile and enjoy :D

Brookeham likes this.
  3. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

My main problem with Client is that it doesn't save my login information. Am I missing something?
    (players, if you can help, please IGM me)
    :)
    With Unity/Web GL, My main concern is repeating actions when the game resorts to the start of the alphabet.
    e.g. I was putting crows in a menagerie , put one in and go to do a second and 'whoops' I am back to ants. (I can counter this by putting crows in search.)
    I was cleaning out my toolbox crates with 'crate' in the search but after clearing one, it is back to the start of the crate alphabet...
    Keep working on everything! We need you to step up, BP!:p
    Windows10, Microsoft Edge browser, Laptop, briefs...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    Brookeham likes this.
  4. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

So far game seems to be a little better today. (update, I forgot I am 7 hours ahead of CET, so my better performance seems to be tied in with that. As Europe is waking up the game performance is starting to lag.

An annoyance in Chrome I have noticed is the popups for items follow the cursor around. In both MS Edge and Firefox, if you hover over anything, the popup description hovers in the top right corner (and moves out the way if you are working in the same area which is good). But with Chrome, that pop up follows the pointer around the screen. This is fine as I normally harvest manually, however I activated a harvester coupon and it did become an issue. So when the harvester panel is in play, when hovering over items looking for finish time or if you have applied PF etc, the item popup is behind the harvester banner.

[​IMG]

I also got this pop up with a script error. Sorry I have no idea what it relates to.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Brookeham likes this.
  5. FarmerSundance

FarmerSundance Forum Greenhorn

Unable to login with Facebook due to the lack of that option. Not sure how I will play after all this time. Starting over on a leisure game does not seem to make sense because of a lack of options.

6. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello Farmers,

Thank you all very much for taking the time to post your game play experience over this Technical Test. The information will be very valuable to the Game Team as they work out the issues with the migration to Unity. If you haven't yet posted, we do ask and encourage players to let us know problems that you are encountering so we can pass it on. Please be as specific in your details as you such as which version of Unity (WebGL or Standalone client), which browsers you've tried, what type of machine you are using (pc/laptop), etc. The more information we can gather the better.

If you have issues with the WebGL, please install the Standalone client to see if that improves your game play.

Please be assured the Team is working hard to help our much loved game continue on after Flash Player is disabled.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition :)

Best Regards,
    Farmers.Almanac

sanddollar15 likes this.
  7. bluedragons

bluedragons Forum Apprentice

Is it possible to get a refresh button for Unity?...and/or a "remember me on this computer" option?

jäniksenpelätti likes this.
  8. nortonc

nortonc Forum Pro

Honestly, glad to be back on flash, and fearing the day flash will not be available any more. Trying to be understanding to the situation but at the same time I sort of resent that we are being used as guinea pigs with half cooked product which presents serious flaws and issues to most users. Wouldn't mind final ironing being done on general public but with this scope of issues there is? I get tired of constantly reporting and detail describing the same issues over and over when others done the same already multiple times. Can't the coders just fix the main display and performance issues reported dozens of times first, and then we carry on with details?

Brookeham likes this.
  9. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Hi I am using a PC, windows 10, and Firefox
    id# is 5292941

During this 48 hour test using Unity these were my problems:
    On Shipwreck Bay I had 2 givers that were neon pink! They are Treasure Detector and Heartwarming Dance they were not like that in the 24 hour test we had!
    Still having problems with IGM I can receive messages from Post Office as the owl does not bring the envelope and I can't use the
    "Reply" button as it does not work. I have to answer by starting a whole new IGM Not earth shattering but annoying none the less
    and using the Mill it keeps going back to page 1
    All in all for me I have been able to play the game with just a few glitches here and there so Job well done to the Tech team and everyone involved!
    Today we were suppose to be able to get Adobe Flash back lol but guess what, and I could, BUT it keeps kicking me out and after 25 min of trying I came back to Unity!

10. RebaFC

RebaFC Junior Expert

The biggest limitation in the Unity game for me is that the enter key does not work to confirm and close the numerous popup windows.

farmerumf likes this.
  11. nm56

nm56 Forum Duke

https://ibb.co/vZdv5w5
    I can't harvest the top 3 Eps on any of my farms/fields. I also am unable to move them to another position in order to harvest them.
    Today I switched back to flash and harvested them without any problems.

Client Web or Standalone -- the problems now are the same as those that were originally posted when it was first tried out: too slow loading; daisy circles; getting kicked out; freezing; no way to refresh; repeated actions when deleting; can't tell when harvests are ready, etc.

ç.çiftçi likes this.
  12. playful123

playful123 Forum Pro

i have had nothing but problems with this game for some time now since trying to use unity .i cant even finish the event going on now because i either cant get in or if i do game will not work right .it took a long time to build up some of our farms i for one am not happy about all the problems .

13. Growalot

Growalot Old Hand

So much better using flash again. It's such a pity that something else doesn't match flash to give the same quality and experience.

Although I have more than the minimum requirements for unity, game play was not as enjoyable as flash. It kept freezing, and the overall look of the game wasn't the same. I have always enjoyed the wonderful graphics of this game and the look of the farming fields, pens, trees etc. Unity doesn't have the same feel or the same smoothness of play. I would like to continue playing this wonderful game and will give it a chance when unity is the only choice, but if the problems still exist then I will need to rethink future playing.

14. Adria010879

Adria010879 Forum Greenhorn

I usually play on two pcs... my preferred one i have to use chrome outside "unity testing" the other one allows me to use Firefox. I am very old school, in that you "don't d/l anything unless you know about it 100%" In saying that all our pcs are quite old and storage/RAM is limited. Once flash goes i will look into d/l client or something.

So here is the interesting thing: During both testing times, Chrome was painful and generally not loadable, HOWEVER i could access on the other pc under Firefox. I could not access the game via Firefox on my main preferred computer that only allows me to play in chrome. Totally weird because no one else can play it in "unity trial" versions in Firefox. I do think it may have something to do with the window version?? Happy to answer or find particular jargon to make this make more sense.
    Edit : my preferred computer is running windows 10 and the other one that i can use fire fox is running windows 7, so my husband tells me

In Firefox unity i did only play basic version, ie harvest fields, sell manure, little bit of society quests.
    My turkey paint makers were half a purpley/pink blob ( i can deal with that) I could not access the forum. I only found harvesting enjoyable when i used the harvester otherwise it was quite slow. I don't use the harvester all that often during game play.

15. luniki

luniki Someday Author

i use a 1yr old Dell laptop and google chrome so far today UNITY has played very well except the park and shipwreck are still PINK! I can also play windows10 and edge!

16. Dystopian_Crest

Dystopian_Crest Forum Apprentice

Greetings! I have not posted anything in a long while, but I am an old player and follow forums with interest and this new move to Unity requires much attention.
    ~*~
    These are my grievances with the new interface:
    - items do not properly display when they are finished growing; this requires urgent fixing (trees and plots especially, but others too);
    - gifting is more difficult with the new interface, the whole thing needs remake and an easy option to select a number of neighbors and send them the same gift all at once.
    - the market is way too complicated: i used to click only one button to buy animal food, now i have to click 2 or 3 (type of farm > animal > food). Way to many buttons and they are unneeded if you have a simple search functions. Also, we are still missing after all this time an option to buy items in bulk. People keep posting 1 crop or 1 animal food or small numbers when i need to buy hundreds and thousands. Please add an option to buy in bulk. I'm tired of buying crops/fruits/animal food/etc. 1 or 10 at a time a bazillion times each time I need 1000. Very important.
    ~*~
    And here comes the most important thing: for heaven's sake, make the ENTER keyboard button work again in Unity! I have to click absolutely every single confirmation button every time it appears and it's making a lot of game areas a severe problem. Make the Enter key work again for every green confirmation button so i can use keyboard instead of mouse click everywhere! Season quests and market and gifting is especially hard without keyboard acces. Please restore keyboard access.

Banjoman, Brookeham, RebaFC and 2 others like this.
  17. -manli-

-manli- Forum Apprentice

I can't enter the game I'm tired of it anymore

morris111 and ozneme like this.
  18. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

Not able to log in at all now, neither on the browser or the client. Just a blank page loads.

morris111 likes this.
  19. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

Both Flash and Unity no longer populate my Buddy List/Friends list with any names on either of the two farms I've tried it on today. This means I cannot give gifts to anyone not a neighbor and even giving to them is now a mega pain.

Lilaclady, farmerumf and Brookeham like this.
  20. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Great Master

I have been unable to do the unity as when I press the unity button it just pops up a big black window over my game and the only thing visible is the download button. I tried the downloaded client and had numerous disconnects even while playing the mini game. I then need to restart the client, log in and finally get back. It made it difficult to do the events. I love being back on flash, so much easier to play the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.