JJenks

Discussion in 'Players Introductions' started by JJenks, Aug 25, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

I'm going to have to really look at the map to see how I can get there. :p Las Vegas is out, not my style. Hubby and I have been throwing around a plan to go (driving...I don't fly) to New Mexico (Carlsbad caverans) then up to Colorado (Pikes Peak) with stopping off at national parks or just anything else that catches our interest. Utah/Arizona are right next to Colorado, should be no problem...but telling him I want to go see a squirrel :DxDxD I'll just tell him it's a nature walk :p:D

farmlily3, Arielh, -Mir85- and 2 others like this.
  2. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

xD

farmlily3 and JJenks like this.
  3. Sweet_Cassiopeia

Sweet_Cassiopeia Forum Overlooker

Just an FYI. A good part of I-15 in southern Utah has a speed limit of 80. Cedar City, UT is a good place to stay for Zion. St. George, UT is a good sized place for an overnight depending on your itinerary. Keep in mind that many of these parks are at an altitude that can give them snow in June. :)

farmlily3, Brookeham and JJenks like this.
  4. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

Thanks :) will jot all that down. Snow, would :inlove: it. :D

farmlily3 likes this.
  5. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

We have driven from St. George to Ogden and stayed in Salt Lake City overnight. Stunning landscape! We stayed in the Grand America hotel! It was gorgeous!! It had the largest flower arrangements I've ever seen in my life!

6. Sweet_Cassiopeia

More to consider:

[​IMG]

If I remember correctly, I-70 goes to Denver, Colorado. At Dinosaur Nat'l Monument (can get to it from Colorado) there is an entire hillside dinosaur excavation covered by glass. Lots of bones to see.

[​IMG]

7. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

[​IMG]
    The Dinosaur Nat'l Monument looks really interesting. But Bryce Canyon with the Rainbow point view is just awesome. :) Looks like maybe we should save New Mexico for another trip :p I think I could spend a lot of time in Utah. :music:

8. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) Just in case you run into some of that snow.....:music:
    :inlove:[​IMG]:inlove:

9. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

JJenks and farmlily3 like this.
  10. Sweet_Cassiopeia

sanddollar, there are some places you can dig for fossils (dinosaur bones unlikely and will fall under rules where you most likely couldn't keep). Some are commercial and vary in reliability. Some are BLM (govt.) and may be free but well picked over. Almost all will be down gravel roads of varying quality. There are also locations in Wyoming and Montana as well as many museums with dinosaur collections. Jack Horner (expert consultant on Jurassic Park) recently left Montana State University for the University of Washington. Both have museums with dinosaur collections. :)

Thermopolis, WY (just south of Buffalo, WY which is on I-90) not only has a small dinosaur museum but also has natural hot springs swimming facilities.

11. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

@Sweet_Cassiopeia Thank you kindly for all your information! They have taken him to some museums
    here on the East Coast which he loved, I am not sure his parents are ready for a real dig yet! ;)

farmlily3 and Sweet_Cassiopeia like this.
  12. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

JJenks....Best place for squirrel sightings...my back yard!!! :D8)
    Have lots of variety too...even ones with funny ears;)You are welcome to hike my yardxD....and the many hiking trails...flat and mountaineous near by...:p:p:p

13. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

I have never seen a squirrel,
    007Farming can I come over to your yard with JJenks?:music::p
    I also think of JJenks when a squirrel is mentioned:p;)
    JJenks I hope you will have a great time wherever you decide you go with your husband, and of course too see a lot of squirrels:music::wuerg:

14. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

Sure Arielh:Dcome on over to BC, Canada and check out all of our squirly squirrels:D:DPerhpas JJenks will be among themxDxDxDxDxD

15. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Ι would like to visit Canada one day:music:I would like to see snow too, I think you have much there, don't you?
    xD

16. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

Arielh you have never seen a squirrel :eek: Then you must change that :p
    007 I'd love to see Canada one day :inlove: that might be a little far for this trip ;) but if you see a couple of people wandering in your back yard looking for squirrels don't worry it's just Arielh and me. xD

17. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

JJ - Look what Mom found in her yard over the weekend. I thought of you when I saw them:) They are nestled in my hands and the boy is on the left and the girl burrowing on the right. Mom is rehabbing them until we can find a licensed wildlife rahab facility to take them. The local agency is not accepting any more babies. Both are doing well

[​IMG]

18. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

:inlove::inlove::inlove: Pnp they are the sweetest looking babies. Bless you and your mother for taking care of them. So glad they are doing well. Be prepared for the funnies to begin :D they are just so cute and it won't be long before they will be getting into everything.;)

19. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

They are already getting active. Their eyes opened yesterday and their ears are up. They are adorable but we can't keep them. We have found a wildlife rehabilitator that has agreed to take them so we will take them Saturday.

20. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) Oh, PUPS, may you both be blessed for taking them in and caring for them when they needed to be rescued!! They are sooooo cute!!
    (Did you name them???...."Jay" & "Jenks"!!:music: xD):inlove:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    CylentLea123 and puppiesnponies like this.