Keep crates and harvest bonuses separate in inventory

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by squigglegiggle, Dec 28, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I am sure I am not the only one who made the horrible mistake of accidentally activating a harvest bonus (in my case, 100% bonus tree revenue) instead of opening the crate sitting right next to it.

I do acknowledge that you have to confirm what you click on before you activate it. However, with dozens of crates to open every day, I don't think I would be the only one who fails to stop and read every single confirmation window to check that I am activating the right thing. I don't have hours to sit on the computer and farm, so I click automatically. Yes, my mistake, but there are ways for the game interface to prevent errors like this one.

Having the crates sitting directly next to the harvest bonuses and buffs creates a situation where it is very easy to click on said bonuses/buffs instead of the crate you want to open. When you are going quickly and automatically, it is very easy to activate one of these bonuses instead of opening a crate. Edit: I should add that this issue also largely arises because each time something disappears from the inventory (ie. once you have opened a particular crate), the layout changes - so often there is something other than a crate sitting in the location where a crate used to be, and I click there not noticing that it is no longer a crate.

Now, I'm not complaining about having a tree revenue bonus, but my issue is that I wasn't able to use that bonus in the most effective way possible. I should be able to get 2 harvests from it, but because of the timing, I could only get 1. This would not have happened if I had deliberately chosen when to activate the bonus. There have been many occasions on which I have accidentally clicked on a harvest bonus instead of a crate, and caught myself - this time I unfortunately did not catch the error before activating it.

I believe this sort of mistake could be easily avoided by storing harvest bonuses separately to crates. An extra few tabs in the inventory (eg. a crates tab, a harvest bonus tab and a buff tab) rather than storing everything together under consumables would help keep things separate. It would also help with organising - for those of us who are organisation obsessives, the lack of segregation in the inventory is rather distressing!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    Jazac, Cassie101 and Sister3 like this.
  2. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

A way to store things in your barn without them being in your in game inventory, while in the field could be a nice change. To be able to go to your barn load up on stables buffs ect, or dump off crates and whatever loot you've won,or stables your done with would be supreme.

Jazac, Cassie101 and Sister3 like this.
  3. Sister3

Sister3 Regular

I heartily agree squiggle and morris. Your suggestions are excellent. I really hope BP will improve this quickly for all of us.
    Good luck with all your farming goals and Thank You squiggle for starting this thread.

Jazac and Cassie101 like this.
  4. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

Type on the Search button, under consumable items, the word crate (just "cra" works too)
    And you will only see the crates.

That's what I do in order to not make that mistake.
    I'd rather have different tabs as you suggest, but that's not gonna happen any time soon.

5. Sister3

Sister3 Regular

Yipee a solution, much appreciated "Old Hand":music:

Jazac likes this.
  6. nlm24

nlm24 Forum Pro

I search "cra" for crates also but this does not help when the crates change positions after harvesting one. This does not only happen when you harvest the crate o'crates but when you harvest others that do not contain crates. Luckily it usually happens with the crate o'manure which can easily be replenished but even that is frustrating because I try to save them for events or when the price is high. So it is discouraging when I have 1350 manure in stockpile and then open a couple hundred crates o'manure accidentally.

I think it would be best if they did not change positions when harvesting.

Jazac likes this.
  7. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

I do so very much agree and do think BP needs to listen to this thread. Now while reading I was thinking things that already been mention. We all know how hard it is to get BP to do things. But a CRATE tab sounds GREAT in my book alone. Yes would love a BUFF one too. But if we can get just one, I would settle for a CRATE one with all the new crates they keep giving us. We so need it.