Suggestion Log in town instead of farm.

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by neily33, Feb 12, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. neily33

neily33 Someday Author

When you log in to your farm. Can you make it co to the town first instead of right to the farm?
    I have a stalk that adds 10% exp for 12 hours and I lose that because I have trees on my mainland. If it starts in town I at least have a chance to harvest the Bean Stalk bonus.

2. Neon-Lights

Neon-Lights Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

you can change your options to show the map instead of main field when you log-in if that helps :)

3. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

neily, do you use auto tree harvester? Is that the problem, that the trees are harvested before you can activate the cloud row? Or is it something else?

Neon, does changing that setting affect the auto tree harvest?

4. Neon-Lights

Neon-Lights Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

indirectly, as you are able to go to the stalk first and activate the rows before visiting the fields with trees that are then harvested. You will then get the benefit of the EP bonus

5. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I am using this setting, but it seems to me that the main field loads first anyway, then after that is loaded I am taken to the map. Just thought that might auto harvest the main field immediately.

farmingfreebird likes this.
  6. neily33

neily33 Someday Author

yes it auto harvest the main farm land. Going to town first is better so you can look for event and check things out before you head to your farm.

7. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Going to the city first is incredibly inconvenient for those of us who don't have auto harvest. The newspage pops up first which informs you of any events currently taking place - so it's unnecessary to go to the city for that reason. Furthermore, what is there to "check out"? Naturally, there may be quests and things that you want to do but it is not mandatory or necessary that you do these first, so there is no reason why you should be redirected first to the city. The likelihood is that more often than not you will have a harvest to do, in which case it is more commonly convenient to start on the farm. Perhaps the game should open to the map, if any change is to be made - but I don't think going automatically to the city is the right change to make. For most of us we would end up having to send ourselves back to the farm as soon as we log in.

8. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

You do have the option of either initially going to the main field or the farm map. It is under Additional settings. From the map, you can choose to go anywhere you wish first before going to main farm. Perhaps cloud rows? My preference is to go to the main field. Visits to the city (for me) are always last.

steph2014 and farmingfreebird like this.
  9. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I'm aware of this option. My suggestion was more "if they are going to make a change, it should open to the map". Ie, if the change were inevitable, this would be a better alternative than sending everyone to the city.