Making Money - A Guide For Beginners

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by squigglegiggle, Nov 7, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. cpeterson

cpeterson Forum Inhabitant

100keltic,

Did you select the "make offer" button (third tab)? The "your market stand" (middle tab) only displays the goods you actually offered for sale, if you don't have any active offers then this window is blank.

-cpeterson

IVANCICA30, penguilnz and bygo_cris like this.
  2. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

@100keltic

Click on "Make offer" to sell your chickens.

penguilnz likes this.
  3. 100keltic

100keltic Board Analyst

Thank-you.
    I got it. This forum is vary helpful.

mazel10, wolfeyesone and IVANCICA30 like this.
  4. tasha9992

tasha9992 Forum Apprentice

I have read many times that you should buy seeds from the market, not from the seed shop. However, if you make a list of the prices at the seed shop before going to the market, I think you'll find that the first 20 levels or so of produce are almost always lower at the seed shop. Anything over level 20 is a toss-up.

And I agree - there is no need to buy 100 seeds - it is more worthwhile to buy 10 or so and grow up your own stock.

A good strategy in general is going for value added products - growing crops, then milling those crops into animal feed, then growing your own animals, then creating workshops where those animals create some product, like parrot feathers or riding lessons, that can be sold for an even greater price.

But as you pursue this value-added strategy, realize that going up the food chain does not always increase the value of the final product. For example, it takes 2 parrots and a parrot feed to make parrot feathers, but parrot feathers usually sell on the market for around 300 CC, far less than the value of 2 parrots and a parrot feed. So if you are trying to build up your CC, you need to analyze which crops and products give the best return for the overall inputs involved. You may find that selling the ingredients yields more profit in some circumstances than a more refined product. When you have reached higher levels and have built up your CC bank a bit, you may choose to create some of those low or negative margin products for the EP boost, especially in Baharama.

I also made a lot of mistakes spending BB's early on, occasionally clicking on the "Yes' checkbox when I didn't mean to, and wiping out my BB bank for something incredibly stupid. Bought a Cloudrow once by accident which I have never used...

Finally, BB's are not the only rare commodities in the game. Beginners may squander their super grow and Power feeds reducing growing times and animal pasture times for convenience, only to find themselves hopelessly short on Powerfeed as soon as they earn the ability to breed animals. The only time I've ever spent real money on the game was buying a giant package of Powerfeed when I got animal breeding, because I hadn't been building up my supply. Seriously, you can easily go through 800 Powerfeed in a couple days of animal breeding when you first get your animal breeding pens, so don't waste it on feeding your animal stables to cut the production time in half.

Wish I'd known that when I was a newbie!

5. dafodily

dafodily Forum Duke

FYI the Flower Wheelbarrow under the Garden Items tab is the best choice for CC's from a gift.
    It gives 7 CC's & 4 EP, with a 1 hour cooldown.

6. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

If all one wants is ccs:

The best gift to receive is a craft product. If one is level 40 or above one my sell it in the market place.

For all under level 40 the best gift to get ccs is pheromones. Take the pheromones directly to market.

7. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Its in the supply store now. Also, you can access it from your shopping basket, the icon that shows the combine (harvester)/acessories.
    LOL.. that might just depend upon the cards... ;)

Be aware that there are different markets, so any specific price in your market won't be the same in others and a few trends (responses to events, etc.) can differ as well. Above all, remember that markets CHANGE, demands and prices change. Be sure to keep checking any strategy constantly. Even the best advice might not be correct at any given moment in your particular market.

FrootloopGrove and mazel10 like this.
  8. elRe

elRe Forum Inhabitant

The [​IMG] Farm Coin is introduced on Farmerama in 2017. Do not spend this precious Value before the two Crystal Falls areas are open in exchange to 1000 Farm Coins (600+400).

Note: « Farm-Coin-A-Palooza Day » event runs during 12 hours in addition to the Baby Boom (52 hours duration) starting soon!

Perhaps, other Farmerama user do not recognize the Shop-O-Rama Farm Coin as a Farmerama Currency? This makes me understand, why You do not mention the Ancient Monkey Temple Golden Banana and the Tree Of Wisdom Star.

12ss12 and squigglegiggle like this.
  9. squigglegiggle

This thread was specifically talking about money - that is, BBs and CCs. As you've highlighted, Farm Coins were introduced into the game last year, 3 years after the original thread was made. BBs and CCs are what we use to purchase certain items in the game; bananas and stars are traded to unlock certain items. I wouldn't consider them currency per se, at least not in a monetary sense - they at least didn't fit within the scope of what I created this thread for.

12ss12, FarmerRainbow and elRe like this.
  10. Mellowmalt

Mellowmalt Active Author

I am a semi beginner at level 70 now and I just learnt as I went a long.
    I can tell this "beginners" guide has been written by someone who was a beginner several years ago and means well but has completely forgotten what it is like to be a beginner. Most seed prices in the seed shop and higher than the market? Yeah at level 200 maybe.

very good advice by tasha there though. I focussed on being able to buy 200 seeds in the seed shop instead of 100 through the tree of wisdom. Spend 1 mill cc in the seed shop on the lower value crops and baharama ones too, then sell them in the market for 3 mill cc.
    Easy profit without growing or breeding anything.

In fact breeding is not profitable and not worth doing just like producing produce can often cost more in ingredients needed than profit made. There will be people that will disagree with this but they are usually also the people breeding lynxes which are one of the least profitable options if you take the cost of producing feed into the equation.

Find the one animal which consistently over a month is the most profitable to produce and have like 40 pens of just that animal. Variety is great but not very efficient. Most animal prices fluctuate a lot and some might seem really profitable at times but then they crash.
    Find the one animal that seems to crash least and is quite high without costing more to produce than you would make just producing the ingredients for its food like the stupid lynx.

I see so many people suckered into thinking lynxes are a good money maker however I make more money just buying the nettle in the seed shop and selling it for 10 times more in the market then if I were to turn it into lynx food and then grow some lynxes which takes a lot of time and space.

I shouldn't be saying this as it could make nettle prices come down a bit but like said I am starting to not be a beginner anymore and am now able to rely on baharama to make money too.

12ss12 and FarmerRainbow like this.
  11. squigglegiggle

A quick reminder that I wrote this guide in 2014 when things were very different :D At that time, seeds in the shop really were higher than the market. The sass isn't really necessary ;)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  12. farmer_broke

Many many topics in this thread are still relevant today! I have gone to Number 6 TOP ccs holders in the game and left by my own choice. I have tried countless times and ways to help many in this game make ccs. This thread is very basic and for a beginner. EVERYONE must begin somewhere!

The writer did not know whatever you think you know nor do you know what I know. If indeed you intend to become serious regarding making ccs in this game then I strongly suggest you master every single topic presented in this thread.

There are other threads available where a beginner is not treated so nicely. You make a statement about breeding:

• If what you say is fact is based on a few hundred isolated breedings then your fact can very easily be disputed by many.
    • If you are level 70 then you have not unlocked the beaver (which is a breeding animal)

• Careful, just about anything may be written in some threads with no question. Quite kindly: The lynx is not a breeding animal as you have suggested.

Great you are mastering this. Please realize as you move from the beginner status that those playing or selling regularly in the markets take the daily seed purchase as a given activity to engage in.
    • I wrote a player two days ago asking for their price for 1 million wheat. I da want some 200 seeds at a time. I want 1 million, all or none! I don't care if they bought them in the seed shop 200 a day or grew um.
    This thread gets a beginner started!

• And the most any farm is going to purchase in the seed shop is 300 per day! (100 is the beginning point)
    There are only so many you are going to sell anyway. Enough!

Welcome to the game and to the English Forum. There are many good people here with lots of information.

13. squigglegiggle

I agree with broke here. I quite disagree that breeding is not profitable. I personally grow all my crops myself. It's the way I like to farm. It costs me just a few hundred CCs (if that) to purchase enough to plant, and from then on whatever I have I make at no CC cost. Consequently, I make feed at no cost. I make animals at no cost (besides the cost of the pen, if I purchased it rather than won it). My PF I largely collect through the various channels to collect it (farmwheel, Renzo, quests, event prizes etc.), or on occasion I make it with crops that - again - I have grown myself. No CC cost. I can therefore breed animals at no CC cost. I donate them to quests or I sell them on the market. I earn a lot of CCs for doing so; and given my no CC cost to make these animals, I make a large CC profit.

Of course everything has a cost if you take into account the value of the crops I use or the time I spend doing it. But if we are talking solely CCs - as this thread is - then I have made an enormous profit from breeding.

FrootloopGrove and farmer_broke like this.
  14. farmer_broke

This thread addresses a need and will save countless hours and cc losses. Quite sadly, many do not review the basics for a long long time if ever. Thank you very much for your time and effort. I truly wish that such a thread was available when I began marketing in this game.

This is not the thread to challenge that line of reasoning. I will only say this:

The farm has a single animal which is called for by the current event. If it were possible to sell all of them at the current market price then the farm would appear at Number 6 TOP cc holders. The farm produced exactly -0- of that animal.

I do understand and respect the "complete chain" line of reasoning and farming. This farm plays that reasoning. There is a cost though. Farming the "complete chain" without a doubt will amount in revenue but not necessarily profit, revenue yes. (not for beginners)

Good luck beginners. Serious cc making is a slow definite process. Thoroughly understanding the basic information presented in this thread is mandatory to becoming competitive at all in the markets. Simply begin.

12ss12 and FrootloopGrove like this.
  15. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Every thing has a time to begin & so this thread began at the time it was thought necessary. Life doesn't serve us anything finished complete in a tray to us, broke.

I and several others learned marketing from you and from several other too. If you hadn't learnt marketing the hard way, how could you have taught us about it. What I mean is how could you have become a expert teacher about it and also about your help.

Serious CC making is a slow definite process. I agree with it. The term slow definite process brings another thing into my mind. How are you preparing for the TOP Event. It seems to arrive next month - November. Which of your farm is preparing ?

sanddollar15 and farmer_broke like this.
  16. farmer_broke

lol .... slowly (That thread has been quiet lately.)

A Harvest Hoedown-type TOP event has appeared impossible for those beginning the game. As one prepares, the farm moves from being chaotic to a farm which is quite organized. I can remember watching the competition when I began playing. My farm was definitely not prepared as a beginner.

As with cc making, one must begin somewhere. The farm I am thinking of sending is actually selling to other competitors now. I don't believe I can generate enough more for that farm to move up more than 1-3 positions. The farm just replaces the same amount of exchange value points it sells .... That farm can really do nothing else.

Beginners may wish to simply watch.

sanddollar15 and 12ss12 like this.
  17. Mellowmalt

Mellowmalt Active Author

when i posted my sassy comment I didn't realize this guide had been written nearly 5 years ago now so yes my comment was sassy but nontheless pointed out just one outdated flaw to the guide. I could go into detail and pull every aspect apart as you can with anything as farmer broke has attempted to demonstrate but there is some merit to the guide also sure.
    What doesn't help whatsoever and which was precisely my point is that a beginner can not breed beavers no so adding a page of info to this beginners guide and the pros and cons of beavers is to me completely irrelevant because like you point out I am only level 70. That was part of my gripe with this duide to start with, i mean i have a pony seal pool on baharama now, great money maker right? Well I've worked out I need another 63 levels to get enough bananas to be able to produce the feed

Since this is 5 years old instead of mocking a player for not being able to breed or produce beavers why not make a money making guide for ultimate elites and one for beginners. Clearly there are big differences

18. squigglegiggle

No one has added a page about breeding beavers, nor did anyone suggest doing so. If you re-read the original post, you will find that this thread is about all the basic avenues for stocking and saving CCs, and has nothing to do with market, feed or animal prices, aside from mentioning that the market is a potential avenue for CC generating. It does not provide any advice on which animals to breed or produce, what works best on the market etc. It purely identifies that the market can be used as a way to generate CCs when one is low, stock up when one needs more and, as was the case in 2014, can be used to save money. You are the one that brought breeding into the equation, which was well beyond and remains well beyond the scope of the original thread. You claim that this animal/breeding issue was part of your gripe with the original post, but I fail to see how that can be the case when the original post mentions nothing about animals or breeding.

I suspect you have misunderstood the purpose of this thread. It does not matter (for the purposes of this thread) that you have a sea pony pool but cannot feed it, nor does it matter that the pool should be good at making money; that is nowhere near what this thread was created for. This thread was created for new players who struggle financially and don't know how to gain more CCs or what to do should they fall to 0.

I implore you to point out where anyone has ever mocked a player for not having access to beavers or beaver breeding. No one ever has, here or elsewhere. No one ever would. It's ridiculous. For that matter, I'm not sure why you're so hung up on breeding and beavers. They have no relevance to this thread, hence why they were never raised in the original post. The original post is not even about breeding.

...I did make a money making guide for beginners. You're in it right now. There can be big differences, but market, crop and breeding strategies largely apply across levels, provided lower level players have access. As I've said, those strategies are not within the scope of this thread. This thread is about building up a basic stock of CCs, especially for those who find themselves at 0, as I did on a number of occasions as a beginner.

You in all your infinite wisdom are more than welcome to create a strategy thread for CC making at an elite level. It would take one of two directions. Basic avenues to CCs - which is already provided in this thread - or tactics for maximising profit and minimising cost; production cost efficiency, if you will. There are many iterations of this across the forum. You are welcome to combine them into a central thread. Identifying the most cost-effective ways of running a farm, or maximising profit, was not within the scope of this thread, as identified in the original post. You are also welcome to make an updated version of this thread if you so wish. If you do so, it will remain largely the same, except for removing this one point about seeds being cheaper at the market (which is largely no longer the case, although it can be, so I wouldn't remove it from the original thread). Any significant changes made would largely be because the new thread is outside the scope of what this thread aimed to address. But like I said, you're welcome to go ahead and create an updated version should you wish.

By all means, pull it apart. I am not averse to critique, and I welcome suggestions from farmers who have the experience to make improvements. I am only human, after all, and I don't pretend that this guide is perfect. What I do not welcome, and will not tolerate, is the suggestion that I am out of touch with reality and cannot or do not provide solid advice, especially when that judgement is based on an ignorant and poorly researched perception. Your suggestion about seed prices did not require the attitude that came along with it, and that is what I do not appreciate. I'd encourage you to pull this thread apart, as you claim you can, because its ultimate purpose is to help new players, and it won't do that if it is as inappropriate in the current game as you suggest it is. But when you are thinking about what improvements to suggest, which I welcome, I would also encourage you to consider how you word it. I have been around for 8 years. I probably know what's going on in this game.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    farmer_broke likes this.
  19. farmer_broke

I was very kind to you and commented to you as being a "beginner."

I gently pulled a quote from your very inaccurate statement regarding breeding. The statement was also pulled to completely illustrate that you know very little about the breeding activity in this game. If you think you have anything reliable to offer to a beginner or advanced player then I suggest you begin your own breeding topic thread. You might have all breeding animals open. Of course you know by now that "breeding" is not a topic for beginners in this game.

• Again, this thread serves a purpose. squigglegiggle took time and prepared some of what is needed by a beginner to this game. Several have attempted to help others with other topics. WE cannot be all things to all players; even with a single topic. Respectfully and kindly: And your contribution other than criticism of someone's effort is?
    We also have assisted the moderators with correcting errors in the game faqs and very often in the event faqs. If you feel you are qualified to do so then please review the game faqs for inaccuracies.
    All have been kind to you here. If you would care to discuss anything to do with marketing and/or cc making in this game then you are more than welcome and invited to post in the thread:
    The Market, Marketing, and CC Making (Began by farmer_broke)

in the chit-chat area of this forum. I will review every single word in every sentence of every post AND comment accordingly. I will not entertain a breeding discussion with you in that thread until you are qualified.

Please feel free to be as sassy as you can. Please be forewarned that ANY inaccurate statements suggested as fact made by ANYONE and EVERYONE in the above tread is addressed and quickly and bluntly. (Once done, the post containing inaccuracies is left for others to file in the appropriate place.) Learning discussion is welcome.

Whenever and if ever you feel you are ready then please join me in the thread. You will be helped by some player(s) who have paid their dues to learn.

Question. What market are you on if you know?

squigglegiggle, thank you for your effort in this thread. I cannot count the number of times I have answered the exact same basic money making topic presented in this thread.

(I completely agree that nothing should be done in regard to the purchase of seeds in the shop. Prices on markets do vary as we know. I see no outdated information on the matter.)

Good luck with your thread. You have done a great job here.

farmerumf and squigglegiggle like this.
  20. elRe

elRe Forum Inhabitant

Herb ‘Garden’*, daily friendly free gift: 10x4, as stated for the Herb Patch in the Introduction Post;
    Hungry Cow, daily friendly free gift: 10x2, as stated in the Gifts List (do You mean Flower Wheel Barrow, the daily friendly free gift wich gives 10x7 Country Coins as stated in the above source linked Gifts List?);
    Traveling Sheep, unique decoration shop price 10000 Country Coins, gives zero Harvest Country Coin (only Eperience Points - similar to Sheering Fan, multiple decoration shop price 1000 Country Coins), as stated at ‘Decorations’ in the Shop on Farmerama.
    Another addition to the list:
    The actual seasonal daily friendly free gift [​IMG] Sharing is Caring gives fifteen charges of 1000 Country Coins.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Edit.

The Herb Garden is an unique ‘Decoration only’ item and gives nothing. The Farmerama user can own the Herb Garden as a reward in the « Restaurant » Farmers Society Quest, task 14.

squigglegiggle likes this.