menageries, manufactories, arboretums

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by jmwzingzang, Aug 23, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmwzingzang

jmwzingzang Someday Author

Do these ever go on sale in the shop, like with the half price shop sale?

Mooboy and 12ss12 like this.
  2. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

They are for sale in the shop. But only for full price. No Half Price sale for them. But I too many time wished there was half price sale for them too.

Mooboy likes this.
  3. jmwzingzang

jmwzingzang Someday Author

Thanks for the response!

Mooboy likes this.
  4. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

On the subject of these, am I missing something in the FSQs associated with Menageries, Manufactories and Arboretums? :p

I have one of each category in my main, Baha and MM fields and I have the full capacity of items in each of them - 8. I originally did some of the FSQs, thinking the main prize was a Manufactory, Arboretum or Menagerie - imagine my disappointment when I got more blueprints. I have somehow accumulated 31 Manufactory blueprints, 43 Menagerie blueprints and 13 Arboretum blueprints so obviously the penny didn't drop too quickly. :wuerg:
    My question is, what is the benefit of doing these FSQs? Are they only useful if you intend buying the factories with BBs or RM? :eek:

ctindaldavies and 12ss12 like this.
  5. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I am afraid the answer is 'Yes', illy. I managed to save BBs from various events and from cinema (they were active those days) and BBs from FSQs and now from 2 BB Trees. With those BBs, I bought extra manufactories & menageries.

6. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Sewinglady's farm has all the manufactories, menageries and arboretums - when you include the ones for Moonlight Mania, there are JUST enough blueprints for all the upgrades.

7. illy1996

Oh dear! Well, I know all these buildings are super efficient in building up critters, trees and products but I am loath to pay the price for them when new critters keep coming along to drag my (not so many) BBs from my farm! :music:
    Thanks for the replies - I am not missing anything, just not paying for them ... yet! :D
    Another question ... can we put jumbo animals in them? :eek:

ctindaldavies likes this.
  8. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

When you sort the Farmer Society quests by the key, you will see all of these buildings that are available through the farmer society.

I just tried a jumbo animal - no luck with that! :eek:

ctindaldavies and sanddollar15 like this.
  9. illy1996

Thanks Solatido. Shame. I have eight jumbos and it would be nice to pop them into one building! :music:

I think I have all that have been available in the game but I have not actually spent any BBs to get one. Just think 299 is a very high price - but I do see the advantage of using them. BBs are there to be spent so I may invest ... tomorrow. :p

10. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

Illy, you are not the only one as i too never Brought any these with RM nor BB.....I have many FSQ for Blueprints still pending as I have no need for Blueprints for Additional Manufactories, Menageries, and Arboretums, as they may cost 299 BB each but only come up for Sale i think just once a year

Strategy wise, they maybe be efficient to our style of Farming...But it is not just Blueprints to upgrade these are required as you need Power Drill Tools, lots of Roof Tiles, Bricks and Wood Boards...Power Drills are very hard Drop Item that cannot not boost drop rate using Refinements, with Roof Tiles, Bricks and Wood Boards you can:p

I hardly produce any workshops, only on Happy Workshop Days so Manufactories has no use for me generally

I do use Menageries and arboretums sometimes, since that have introduce Buffs that Boost Stalls per harvest you can max out All your Fields, When we have Event Playfield only kind of Event Running i guess many are stocking up Barns on Scorpions

Buffs that boost Tree Fruits are the most effective because you can turn 100% Tree Booster into 200% added Suzy Super Grow per Tree, Plus if you get 100% overall Harvester that 12 Fruits per Tree, if you are lucky get 200% overall Harvester which can generate 16 Fruits per Tree, it does help Tremendously using Super Mulch

We cannot Boost Critters Effectively without using Power Feeds, As we all need to stock on Power Feeds with upcoming Breeding Weekend Quests

Because of these Buffs you are Utilizing Full Fields Effectively

The Downsize upgrading Manufactories, Menageries and Arboretums that you have less Wood Boards, Bricks and Roof Tiles to Build New Workshops or Upgrade your workshops.

You can build certain workshops in MM Jack Shop just using Spooky Crops, if you are low on Wood Boards, Bricks and Roof Tiles .....Here in UK in Real life there is shortage in supplies due to massive shortage of Lorry Drivers since Brit Exit....>:(

Also with Barter and Gift Event is good place to acquire Workshops and Neon Stables as better alternative

11. illy1996

Thanks Mooboy for your contribution. I also still think this is a high price to pay and, as One-Two mentioned above, they aren't usually included in any half price sales. :(

I'm okay with Bahamarama and the spooky fields but on my main farm, I am constantly trying to build up my stocks of animals and I always need tree fruit these days so I have bought an additional two Menageries and two Arboretums. The outlay will definitely pay for itself in terms of stock - I need to fully upgrade the Arboretums (edit, it seems there was a blip and now it shows no upgrades can be made!) but I had enough blueprints for the Menageries. :music:

If they ever are in a half price sale, I will buy more for the other lands but this will be enough for the time being (and now I am BB poor!). :wuerg:

12. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Funny thing about those power drills. You don't get them UNLESS you have manufactories, arboretums and menageries out on your fields. If you do, they drop on a fairly regular basis...from those items.

I know this because I splurged on a couple for this farm and PM23's...and low and behold, I started getting the power drills as drops.

Honestly, of the three, the menageries are what I have out all the time. The manufactories - one or two is plenty especially once you get them maxed to 8 slots. The arboretum - initially it gives you 6 slots, so there's only one upgrade - to a total of 8 slots for trees. So a 2x2 gets you 8 slots - and honestly, it's not that big of a 'land' savings. So of all them, don't waste your moolah on them. If you're going to take the plunge, go for a menagerie - even a base one gets you 4 animal pens in the space of 1.

And you can get one of each from the Wisdom Tree...

Sue46 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.