Milkshake & Cake-off - Strategy

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Sep 2, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

[​IMG]
    Is it wrong to want to eat the wings off a chocolate butterfly?
    :wuerg:

racheliz, Brookeham, spotsbox and 2 others like this.
  2. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Nope!xDxDxDxD Looks good to me!;)

spotsbox, Mooboy and davidb1yth007 like this.
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Me too! Thanks for all those lovely chocolates, One-Two! Mmm, virtual chocolate, absolutely NO calories! :inlove:

4. viivi99

viivi99 Forum Apprentice

This event done, thank you neighbors for gifts.:inlove:

spotsbox and mika-1986 like this.
  5. _Zebr_

_Zebr_ Someday Author

Barely made it, chocolate was a rare thing for me but I did read faq wrong and kept planting crops on baha for the first 2 days-.-
    My piccolo turned into Jack O’Gift, oh well there is always a next time

dumbunny, sanddollar15 and spotsbox like this.
  6. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Wow, congratulations! It's not a BB tree, I know, but those extra harvests sure come in handy during hard events! :D I absolutely love the Jack O' Gift, especially since they never put them on sale anymore. :p

One more harvest and I should be done. I somehow managed to get all the chocolate I needed, despite my deplorable start to the event (many, many thanks to my wonderful neighbors :inlove:, and a certain sea coin who sent me tasty chocolate to help ;) ). As long as I wake up some time during the day and remember to harvest, I should be able to get the CR. No extras, but that's fine with me. I'm just glad I will be able to finish. :)

You would eat poor, defenseless butterfly?!? :wuerg: But...but...FARMERBROKE! He's going to eat my wings! o_O:cry:

Mooboy, racheliz, zerodegrees and 2 others like this.
  7. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

This farm finished through level 8 yesterday - leftover everything. Grew an extra field of the event crop that I didn't need.

Sewinglady's farm has been done since late Friday. That farm got TWO 100% bonuses on the party wheel Friday morning so I used all the SG and SSG I could to get through the event crop, then with the breeding event, got plenty of drops to get to the finish line.

The teenager farm has the drops, needs to harvest the event crop one last time this morning and should be done through level 8. That farm doesn't have workshops out ever so has spent a lot of CCs on the products. Ugh. Oh well, can be recouped.

8. _Zebr_

_Zebr_ Someday Author

Weird, it's just looks like an EP giver and nothing more, but the name is right so I guess I'll see in 17 hours :)

spotsbox and Mooboy like this.
  9. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

Thanks for trying to make me feel better, 12ss12. :) Yes, if I had stuck with chocolate (smores) and strawberry (pralines) on all 8 levels, I could have used up 1110 of the 1115 chocolates I had at the time I wrote my post with 5 left over. But 1110 is still too low a number to justify the strategy I used on my farm - my menageries and manufactories alone would've given me 1248 chocolates even if I had harvested them just twice a day with my Howies.

In the end, I only ended up using 666 chocolates. I will donate some to fellow chocoholic illy1996 and melt the rest down to restore spotsbox-the-butterfly's wings after breaking off a piece for myself to nibble on (om nom nom). Because without the wings, the chocolate butterfly kinda looks like a piece of manure and I'm afraid farmer_broke might try to sell it on the market during the next event. :p

Thanks for the assist, Mooboy. :) The parts I highlighted in red was the message I was trying to send with my little anecdote. ;)

Longest stables/workshops in menageries/manufactories are best when preparing for an event, but during the event, you want to find the duration that guarantees one drop for every stable/workshop and go slightly shorter than that. That way, you can harvest stables/workshops more often and ultimately, generate more drops. Too late for this event but something to keep in mind for future events. ;)

The Jack O'Gift gives +2 crops per plot for 10 hours. It comes in very handy for events with high crop requirements.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    dumbunny, spotsbox, 12ss12 and 4 others like this.
  10. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Gratefully received, but that butterfly wing looks so tempting too ... :inlove::music::inlove:

zerodegrees, sanddollar15 and 12ss12 like this.
  11. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

xDxD... buncha cannibals :cry: (but have to admit, I kinda would love to eat my wings too xDxD )

To prove just how unaware I've been this entire event, I didn't even realize there WAS a Piccolo box up for grabs :p . Used some SG on a few rounds to get enough event plants to mill enough cookies and smores to finish last round for needed star coins. Said Piccolo is now resting securely in my barn waiting for 14 more of its compadres so I can put them out. Last time I did 10, and got a Jack O' Gifts and The Magic Hat, among others, so I was pretty happy. :music: Now I've decided 20 is what I need before I set them out again, so hope they keep giving them out as event rewards (next event has 1 that I saw, and a Magic Hat! :D Highly unlikely I'll reach either of them, but still something to strive for. :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.