MM & Jack's Back permanent quest

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by -Mir85-, Oct 23, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

Just a really quick skim and post as I want to post in Halloween Event thread before I log-off..

I was happy with the extended MM! I managed to get all the EP givers, have Cerebrus sitting in my park, did the Silver of level 1-5... just need to grow a round of moondew and 2 rounds of potion plants next time to unlock the cloud row (and those 3 xxl toolboxes!)
    :D

For whoever unlocked the cloud row... do you happen to write down any of the new times for your crops? (With or without Terror Bouquets, water, manure etc.?) If so could you please share that info? That will help me update the spreadsheet from the first page of posts to aid others in planning next time MM comes along.
    ;)

Blessings! ~CJ

2. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Congratulations CJ :D

I don't have the cloud row, but since the effect is 10%, it will have the same effect as manure. That is:
    Time with water, TB & manure = Time with water, TB & cloud row (no manure)
    Don't know if that helps or not, I might post some numbers later if no one beats me to it (feel free :))

3. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

Thanks Mir!

I think you will beat me to the numbers as I leave for work shortly lol! (I just like to know that the numbers that I come up with actually match the programming that BP puts together... sometimes they don't make much sense.. aka "Water Love" refinements).
    ;)

4. SuzeeRabbit

SuzeeRabbit Old Hand

Sometimes the buff is applied to the base time then added together, others the buffs are added together then applied.

5. -Mir85-

This is how i think the bonuses should work. If someone with the cloud row (Mooboy?) could confirm some of these numbers, that would be great.

CR = cloud row, W = water, TB = terror bouquet, M = manure

If these numbers are right, then CR+W+TB gives a total of 42% reduction of the time, and CR+W+TB+M gives 48% reduction :)
    Note: The calculations for manure is with the rune unlocked.

Spooky cropTimeCRCR+WCR+W+TBCR+W+TB+M
    Killer tomato00:1000:0900:0700:0500:05
    Monster pumpkin00:4500:4000:3200:2500:23
    Bone tree02:0001:4801:2601:0901:02
    Abmoniable plant02:3002:1501:4801:2601:17
    Venus flytrap03:0002:4202:0901:4301:33
    Tombstone04:0003:3602:5202:1802:04
    Googly eye bush05:0004:3003:3602:5202:35
    Ghost06:0005:2404:1903:2703:06
    Toe jam01:1501:0700:5400:4300:38
    Braincoli03:3003:0902:3102:0001:48
    Black bat flower06:0005:2404:1903:2703:06
    Dracula orchid03:0002:4202:0901:4301:33
    Potion plant04:0003:3602:5202:1802:04
    Moondew06:0005:2404:1903:2703:06
    Glow mold08:0007:1205:4504:3604:08
    Suzee, my experience is that it is always the least profitable option which is true xD Example: The bonuses from two owls are calculated from the base EP and then added. But if you first apply water, then manure, the 10% reduction manure gives is not 10% of the base time, but 10% of time left after watering.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  6. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

I agree with your table, Mir. I think those are the exact times, according to the spreadsheets I use -obviously, with same calculations as yours-. The CR will for sure work as any other added growth time cutting element. Its 10% time reduction translates into adding a 0,9 as a multiplicand just like TB and water both add a 0,8 (20% reduction), and manure adds another 0,9 (10% reduction, like the CR, if the Green Fingers rune is unlocked; 5% -hence, 0,95-, otherwise):

Example: Glow mold --> 08:00 x 0,9 x 0,9 x 0,8 x 0,8 = 04:08:50

EDIT: Deletion of previous reference of mine here to Jack's Back quest as not permanently accessible but only while MMs are on. My mistake: it's permanently accessible as all the other permanent MM quests are. See steph's remark below.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    steph2014, puppiesnponies and -Mir85- like this.
  7. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

I didn't work on the new Jack's Back quest. I wanted to open Bat Breeding. Saw that at the end of the scheduled time I wasn't even near so I planted things I had fewest of. Then, extended event! If I'd kept growing bone trees, I would have had it as I tried on extended day and came up about 500 short. Next time, I will get it!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  8. steph2014

steph2014 Forum Pro

Aluntino,
    In my experience, I have always been able to donate to permanent MM quests. They've always been accessible...the crops themselves can only be grown during MM, but one can access/donate to Jack's Back, Clean For A Spell, Count Bracula, and Small Bloodsuckers at any time.

9. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

My mistake, then, steph. Better, then. Thanks for the clarification. Also in my experience I can always donate to the MM permanent quests you mention above. But somehow I got the idea -I read it somewhere; I'm sure of that- this quest, though permanent, would only be accessible while MMs are on -like Cuckoo's ones-, which is what is implied in my remark above (I'll go now and edit it, so that it doesn't create any confusion in anyone). I went through this whole MM edition with that idea of a deadline that included the quest.

steph2014 likes this.
  10. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Aluntino - I remember reading the same thing about it being a recurring quest that you can see each MM which also made me think of the cuckoos. However, as a result of steph's post, I did look at the OA and FAQ and cannot find that reference anymore. The post has been edited from its original edition. While I find it easier to look in the FSQ to see new level requirements for planning purposes rather than hunt through the FAQ, I won't donate outside of MM since I have insufficient plants.

steph2014 and -Mir85- like this.
  11. -Mir85-

I see it is in my first post, maybe that's where you all read it o_O maybe I made it up :eek:

xDxD no I am sure I didn't :p8)

PS. will edit my first post, again :sleepy::D:inlove:

steph2014, Aluntino and farmerumf like this.
  12. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

The MM Event had Ended.....So CJAT and Mir85 I will Write down the effects of cloud row that gives additional 10% reduce growing time on all spooky crops on the Next MM Event ok....it very simple Formula you just Multi any reduced Buffs, Rune Stones, Water, Manure and Super Grow......Mir The Manure only gives 5% reduce time effect but if you got Growth Boost Rune unlocked all Manure gives 10% Reduce effectiveness, if you used supergrow it effectiveness is 60% if you got White Innocence Activated in the Buff Supergrow effectiveness is at 70%, But Fruit Cakes Boost Supergrow Effectiveness to 75%

When I Donate spooky crops I always Ensure that i am not donating too many spooky crops. I Never go Below 202 of any spooky crops. If There are new Spooky crops in this case three of them i always ensure i am amble amount of them ready for next MM Event. As I am a Hoarder I need my crops at comfortable levels ...:p

It nice to unlock the cloud row, so from now on I have ahead start on growing spooky crops at Future MM Events:D

julie1013 and -Mir85- like this.
  13. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

You're right, Ajjg. Manure effectiveness gets doubled once you've unlocked the Green Fingers rune. (I have it since so long ago that I forgot about it). I'll accordingly edit again my post above.

14. -Mir85-

Thanks Mooboy, I put also edited, put a note about the rune :)

15. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

Since the next MM is just 5 days later
    OA monthly preview calender:
    November 4th: Moonlight Mania
    don't be surprise for Nov MM come so early, actually is Oct MM delay 2 weeks.
    Those could not catch up the cloud row or even cerberus, It's time for fulfill target.
    Also, It's also for those with cloud row to get actual figure for the time reduce.

Arielh and puppiesnponies like this.
  16. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

Terror Bouquet is not working: it is not reducing growth time by 20% in my farms. Is any of you experiencing the same problem?

17. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

Hey guys!

Just a quick note to let you know that I added the cloud row times based on Mir's chart to my first post (post#7). It is basically the same thing, just rearranged a bit by growing time. (Plus my CR +W is a couple mins off from Mir's??) I can change it if needed, but I thought it would be helpful to have the growing times all together on the first page of posts.
    :)

I have today off!! (Yay! Our preschools are closed since many of them are also polling centers). So MM today was an unexpected bonus! Now it's just balancing time I want to farm, with time I need to spend on homework lol!

Since I only need one harvest of moondew and two of the potion plants, I will grow them first, then turn them in to activate my Jack's Back cloud row (and those 3 xxl toolboxes!) Then (if I can remember), ;) I will activate the Freddy Bear cloud row (Halloween 2014 event) before harvesting my moon dew in order to get that 12 hours of bonus spooky crops EP!

A part of me is calling out to grow as many "Cerberos crops" as possible so I can rack up those BEP points in my island park, but another part of me is really wondering if I shouldn't collect a good variety of crops just in case BP keep adding spooky quests?? (As the very imaginative part of me can just envision the next top reward... a diamond level crafting recipe that gives +2 (or maybe even +3) spooky crops when harvesting! (This of course would be ideal for those of us who cringe at the the use of CAC for MM when we have our fields reset in animals and trees!) Well... a girl can dream can't she???
    ;)

The MM event just started, and I already messed up lol! I planted moon dew without a Terror Bouquet lol! I had just activate a FS harvester reward so I could seed and manure easily, realized my mistake after planting and thought, "why not?" Since I didn't use super-grow often, I simply scampered over to the Pantry, ate a white innocence and then clicked the super-grow button! (A bit silly ~ yeah, but it made me happy lol!)
    xD

@Aluntino ~ The terror bouquet isn't working?? o_O:eek:

Arielh likes this.
  18. -Mir85-

Yes :(

19. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

same me.
    I just wonder if it's my problem or overalll technical Bug.
    So, There is something wrong.
    Maybe We need to raise a question on technical section.

20. CJAT

CJAT Forum Expert

Well that stinks... I think a tech thread would be a good idea. It's probably a combination of messed up code from introducing either the new cloud row or possibly Freddy Bear. :oops: (I knew there was a reason I didn't like that scary bear!)

I hope they get it sorted out quickly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.