Multiple farms on same market

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by ol.timer.broke, Dec 5, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ol.timer.broke

ol.timer.broke Forum Greenhorn

I am considering approaches and would appreciate your input.

<------ This farm is a member of the farmer_broke family of farms. The farm is on the same market as the farmer_broke farm. (There are also at least 2 more active broke farms on the same market as the farmer_broke farm.)

The multiple farm approach is definitely being used by others in this game. I have known of the activities and simply watched as others perform. The farmer_broke farm will begin to aggressively use this multiple farm approach. But I want a direction and not simply wild farming. I have no desire whatsoever to break any of the rules of this game and intend not to.

All of my farms will remain free farms and this must be considered when operating. Hopefully the baby "feeder-farms (as I will term them), will be checked twice a day at the very most and with the least amount of time possible used.

I will willingly share whatever I learn and do with you in the EN Forum.

If you wish to consider such an approach then the mandatory requirement is to have at least another farm on the same market. This may indeed take time but has not been impossible even with no goal of having multiple farms on the same market. One should expect to open several farms and complete the tutorial. (I have cut this opening farm business and finding the market number down to just under 5 minutes and with little effort.)

Please assist me in developing a strategy while refining my approach.

2. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

If you intend to only check the feeder farms once or twice a day, surely they would be best used for farming long-term things. For example, tree fruit as well as long crops and long animals/workshops - they may also be a good place to use comfort fields. That way the main farm is free to be used intensively for shorter crops etc., without sitting idle whilst waiting for the longer items to mature.

It would probably also be a good place to mill feed, especially feed that takes a long time - easier to mill in bulk, keeping the mill on the main farm open for short term/emergency/event item milling

3. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

@squigglegiggle
    Squiggle, thank you. You have already provided a solution to a problem I am running into. Great, you mention crops and animals and workshops. And there are the mills, events going on, the trades, market plays to make, transfers to be made, gifts to be given and ....
    and always Squiggle-the-Stork. :) (Believe it or not, there is a feeder farm that is presently milling stork feed. And that feeder farm has no stork pens either. I have no idea what will become of that stork feed or even why that silly feeder farm is doing such a thing ..... other than Squiggle-the-Stork.)

hahaha you even mention tree fruit. Right, you are good. The farmer_broke farm has tens of millions of tree fruit. Fine! But the feeder farms must pay for them hahahaha. And if the feeder farms have what the farmer_broke farm wants then the feeder farms might just have a deal.

I get lost in the interactions. Thanks for trying to rescue me. And I'm still sinking. :)

4. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

I did a little time on this too, I found this out, when trying to get a farm on the same market, I found out for me, not sure if it will be the same for everyone else, but every 32nd farm was in my market, so as you try for a farm if you use the spreadsheet link, you can put in the last numbers and try to hit your market number, you can do that here, so if its not every 32 for you, you can just change the last numbers and get an idea when maybe the next new farm will be in your market. I have my second farm now, but just dont know if I will have the time, I barely have time right now for my main farm, I just barely made it thru the hoedown, and have been taking a break since then. I do have a quick question, someone mentioned the auto tree harvest, how does that work? does it let the trees build up if you dont log in to harvest, if so is there limit to it? I know I have premium, but I harvest quite often and I see sometimes when I harvest it already has started counting down, but I have never let it go past a full harvest, I guess what Im asking is if you let it sit for five days, would it actually have five days worth of trees ready to be harvested when you log in?

I am thinking to use the second farm maybe to grow the the high EV items, or high CC items, depending on what directions I am going in, whether I want to hoard EV or CC, I have not figured it all out yet, as this is new to me too LOL, but Im with you broke, I willing to give it a try,and of course, I dont want to break any rules either, but if this is becoming the new normal way of doing things, I guess I should figure it out. I dont really have the time right now to figure it all out,as my husband is really sick and is requiring more and more attention daily, but I will keep close eye on this thread and will provide feedback as I can too.

Long growing items are a very good idea, but I am very curious about the trees with the auto tree harvester. Most of the really good crops you will have to advance the farm a lot to get to, I know the crops over level two hundred are awesome, but it takes a long time to get to level two hundred. And we still have to consider the lost of items while trying to get them to other farm as I had mentioned in the other post, I do know what times my market is like a dead zone though, so I will try to those transactions during those times, but again, I just dont have the time right now, but hopefully things will look up soon for my family in a few months.

zerodegrees, Sue46, baw815 and 5 others like this.
  5. farmer_broke

Hello Sebe. Thanks for staying in contact with us. I think of you and your husband each day, several times each day. I know time seems to disappear for you before you know it.

I need to investigate your opening another farm on the same market information. Hope to let you know whatever I find.

and I know now that some are beginning to make an effect to watch and buy but not list during the dead zone time. I find even thinking of what opportunities the dead zone time holds is advanced regarding this topic.
    If one is truly serious about this feeder farm concept then two farms on the same market will turn into child's play for us.

I have four farms that I know of on the same market. This is a very brief summary of the obvious (call then farm a, b, c and d for now):

farm a
    farm b
    farm c
    farm d
    interaction between farms a and b
    a and c
    a and d
    b and c
    b and d
    c and b
    c and d
    All have main farm mills to keep going
    All have Baha mills to keep going

and if one even begins to consider goal accomplishment through the use of 3 or 4 farms then one will be a basket case

Start thinking of using RL funds on all farms and ..... hahaha ....

Let's just say BEEPs will appreciate it greatly
    (OK BEEPS, I did it. Now hand over the egg farms ..... one for each farm on the same market :))

WOW Sebe, you and Squiggles are playing with my little brain. :D

-croft-, zerodegrees, sebe96 and 4 others like this.
  6. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I will be a basket case if I start more farms. How many farms before we get more than one on the same market and what to do with the throw away farms we made trying to get another on a specific market. I can't neglect this farm and it was supposed to be a 'spend no money on it' (hence why I call it the poor farm) farm...and yet, it's a fully-fledged farm and I do spend some money on it. So there is all that for me to consider...

Sue46, sebe96, FrootloopGrove and 5 others like this.
  7. farmer_broke

And dumbunny-the-rabbit provides great information for all beginning to consider this experience.
    Sebe gave an approach. I really do not know the answer.

hahaha ...... Several options come to mind:
    1. forget um
    2. get the mill going and just check it once every week
    3. use the farm to gift event items if possible (hahaha or wilsons every Wonderful wilson Wednesday)
    4. get enough for CAC and buy and send it to your main farm
    5. do anything on thing whenever you have a few moments where you need to think of something else (just leave it when you are finished. hahaha If you decide to give it one minute then sign in and when one minute is finished then go .... who cares? hahaha
    6. just mill power feed (it adds up) Need to know just how many water storage tanks to buy? hahaha I do it on the broke event farms and don't even buy water. All seeds come from daily seed purchase. Don't wanna buy the walnuts, then just buy a few walnut trees. then ............ one minute and seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    If you are fortunate enough to get a farm on the same market that is not enough. One still must level the farm up including getting all of the land and opening BAHA and the rain forest.

WOW dumbunny, just thinking of doing that with purpose is more than a notion.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    zerodegrees, Sue46, sebe96 and 3 others like this.
  8. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Yes...and you have given me lots to consider. I have a big craft show on Saturday and a pile of polar fleece in my sewing room awaits my ministrations. So I think that this multiple farm thing is going to have to wait until I have way more time to fiddle around with it. The Cozy Cocoons are selling like hotcakes this year (could be because our winter started 4 days after the Autumnal Equinox - and I am NOT kidding - about any of it - the cozies, the snow, the cold... ugh)...off I go to sew.

purplebeet, Sue46, sebe96 and 6 others like this.
  9. catdoggie

catdoggie Forum Greenhorn

<--------- This is a farmer_broke family farm too. This farm completed the farmer_broke event. Its farm level is now 57 and Baha 286.

Now the following will take even more imagination and I cannot even begin to think of a strategy. Here goes:

<------- farm is on market 2. I just do not presently know if or how many more farms the broke family may have on market 2.

The farmer_broke has 4 farms on market 40.

I am beginning to wonder just how hard it would be to create a little chaos in the game by playing one market against another!

Just a thought!

PS And the Mentor for this farm for surely over 8 months was Mentor PnP!
    And PnP-the-Horse on the broke farm has been around for a long long time.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  10. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

I'm sure having multiple farms in the same market is a good way for those who want to stock up more and jump level fast.

But...

Perhaps there are a few more questions to ask here: Why does BP allow multiple farms? Even encouraging, even obliging! BP would never allow a method to reduce its own earnings. So how does multiple farms benefit BP?

What are the drawbacks of owning multiple farms for us players?

zerodegrees, Sue46, sebe96 and 7 others like this.
  11. geckofeet666

geckofeet666 Active Author

I am wondering how can you play a market against another? Can markets interact between them?

Having more than a farm you will have to buy more than a harvester per month, more BB,;), and if you want to harvest the trees once a week or so, you will buy Premium advantages, but I am not sure how it works. I heard that it used to be much better, meaning that you could have left the crops/trees for months to add up, then harvest all in one go. But now it's different. I never bought Premium advantages so I can't be sure.
    The drawbacks that I can see, for us: more time and money spent...:oops:

12. funny_money9

funny_money9 Forum Greenhorn

<------farmer_broke farm on the same market (fb writing)

I see no way for markets to directly interact. BEEPs has access to all kinds of data (and some of these operating sites are getting data too and looooooooooooooooots of it)

For now, I'll go with no interaction between markets. I have recently seen wheat on one market at twice the price of wheat on another market! Opportunities exist? And for what? Can a farm create chaos? For how long? What must it do?

Agree 1 million percent.

And BEEPs must keep at the forefront of their decision making the following:

MY money
    MY time
    MY decision

13. FrootloopGrove

FrootloopGrove Exceptional Talent

I can sooo relate.:wuerg:
    I am the Bakers-Dozen. I can not start another farm to play at this new marketing idea and none of my farms market together. dumbunny I do the same thing... None of my farms or my childs neglected farms sit for too long before something is being done on it. A mass of trees or a slew of animals or crops for feed. All of my farms have their turn being my favorite. I set goals and when I reach them I will give extra love to a different farm. Always more than one at a time BUT always two main farms the harvester sure comes in handy.
    I have learned a lot of things over the years. Some by blind trial and error and a lot from this form. Although I did get the "Golden Boot" I learned a great deal; some of that was in marketing when HavenGrove was in the farmer_broke event. Thanks all.

BUT WOW The stuff you all are getting into now, I don't think I have enough time to focus on wrapping my head around this type of marketing.
    Good Luck
    I look forward to the over my head read xD

14. baw815

baw815 Forum General

I have 4 farms and two markets. Farm one and two have the same market, made about 6 months apart. Farms 3 and 4 have the same market, made about 1 year and a half apart.

I would rather have had multiple markets because when I started the first two farms in 2013, you couldn't interact between them at all. If I put manure on sale on one farm, I couldn't buy it on the other farm. Soooooooo frustrating. -.-

Personally, I think it's dumb luck or a roll of the dice as to how often it happens. :p :music:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  15. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

oh it's definitely dumb luck. I had some time last night - after 20 tries, I have one new farm on the same market as this farm. I still don't have a new farm on the same market as sewinglady...ugh.

SahraB, Sue46, Lea2191 and 3 others like this.
  16. farmer_broke

Thank you. Good name for a farm.

The 5 minute broke approach. (All I want is a farm on this market doing nothing. I know what the wheat market looks like)

Decide a name
    password
    email
    check terms and conditions
    (farm opens)
    follow tutorial
    you will be forced to plant 1 2x2 cress
    you will be forced to plant 2 2x2 wheat
    (your first decision: you will be prompted to use super grow on cress also water. If you wait one minute for the cress then you will save the super grow as the tutorial will prompt you to harvest. I da care so I will use the super grow.)
    soon one is prompted to go to the mill and use BBs to automatically complete (If you do not use BBs then you must wait about 4 minutes. Recommend use them and just get this over with.)
    You will be prompted to use water for chickens (I just do it and get this over with. If you do not then when you come back you will harvest and continue with tutorial. So you save 1 cc for water if you choose. I just use it and move on.)

Once you submit the chicken and plant 2x2 then you are on your way.

1. buy 100 lettuce and 100 cress (800 ccs left)
    2 go directly to quests (plant nothing before you go)
    you need 240 ep to level up
    at the very bottom of the quest list, submit 5 lettuce for hungry bunny
    submit 20 cress for big farm party

you leveled up and have 1250 ccs
    go to market, look at wheat, your market or not?

me? not this time
    back to main farm or exit
    I go back
    buy more wheat from shop and the carrots
    I wasted time now and bought 2 apple trees
    placed in fields
    use plots efficiently
    plant the carrots
    go to mill, mill all wheat for chicken feed .... nothing else you can do but write igms or do a survey in movies
    go..............bye bye................maybe never come back
    doing the above I have 150 ccs
    I just listed lettuce and have 1 cc
    haha ..... no time, bye bye

maybe one day I will return ....... must be clicking like one-two - the - chicken to get it all done in 5 minutes........I was watching tv too

no need to look around the game like you don't know

-croft-, SahraB, zerodegrees and 4 others like this.
  17. geckofeet666

geckofeet666 Active Author

You can certainly do like this, or , if you don't have too much time to wait or waste you can just check the ID number ( it shows the moment you made the farm) and find the market number with the formula that Sebe96 posted above ;)

SahraB, dumbunny, zerodegrees and 3 others like this.
  18. farmer_broke

Agree. I'll call this the ID approach.

If one ever comes back to that farm after having used that method: They have saved maybe 4 minutes over the 5-minute method at most. Their farm still has nothing and the tutorial is just waiting for them. (Maybe the player will never come back.)

Using the 5 minute broke approach, if one comes back to the farm then one is beginning to roll. (One harvests and sells ......)

Each player must decide.

19. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

Bigpoint should just sell the ability to coordinate farms on the same market. The larger the conglomerate the larger the price.

SahraB likes this.
  20. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

interesting idea, Lea2191...

I used Farmer_broke's approach - completing the tutorial and getting to level 3 as quickly as possible - it does take about 5 minutes...Doing that, I got 2 farms on the same market as this one, but none on same market as sewinglady's farm.

So the other night, frustrated that I couldn't seem to get a secondary farm on market #9, I tried Geckofeet's way. It took 23 tries, but I finally got a farm on #9...then SL's farm was jealous of DB's two...so last night I did it Geckofeet's way again - only took 9 tries.

So I have a plethora of unused farms now... oh yeah, and the second farm I started last night - DB's market - so if I want it, I have a third farm available to me. And, I have the names and passwords written down and if I need them, I have farms galore...sorry BP. I didn't intend for it to come to this. Maybe Lea2191 has the right idea, because I would have paid a nominal fee to just have those farms and not clutter up your servers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.