Multiple farms on same market

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by ol.timer.broke, Dec 5, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

If you all keep on going at this rate, we will soon reach the 60.000.000 registered farms

We are now at 55.977.005

By saying this, I think I just triggered some of you into trying to get the 60.000.000th farm.
    You have a quick and fierce competitor over here. IT WILL BE MINE!!!!!!8)

SahraB, dumbunny, sebe96 and 4 others like this.
  2. -santa-claus-

-santa-claus- Forum Greenhorn

hoooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo

dumbunny, sebe96 and Drace like this.
  3. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

So how is everyone coming along with this? I have my multiple farms now, and a lot of useless farms LOL. I just dont know how to find the time. I also need to come up with a strategy on how to use this new "idea" which we have found out that is not so new LOL

I think I am gonna do one farm completely with trees, so I dont have to worry about those but one that one farm, maybe one farm for breeding animals only?? I dont know yet, but Im sure I will come up with a plan.

So far, my CCs have gone down, and my barn stock has gone down LOL, but I know all that will change, but I had to get those farms up and running to a level i was comfortable with.

Now im just waiting on gift and trade, I hate using yellow stables and xl trees. I bet BP will make a few extra dollars on BBs this gift and trade with so many trying this idea out. I am also thinking about doing alot of stables on the other farms as I sure cant afford to keep machinery on them, and I dont mind collecting trees and stables without it, but crops hang it up, Im not doing crops without machinery. But if I get the market ruins open where I can get 300 each on each farm, I wouldnt have much use to grow many crops.

I have many ideas, but just have to find the time to come up with a good plan, but Im sure that will have to wait till after Christmas, but I am getting ready. But again, I dont just think I will have the time for this approach much at this time in my life, so that will be part of the "planning" maybe put out all the really long growing items on them and just check once a day? I have only gone up 3 billion in CCs since the hoedown, it will take me forever to get in the top ten at that rate, but again that still is an improvement, it was taking me about 35-40 days to make one Billion.

Hey broke, you got one farm full of those yellow chicken eggs?? LOL

I wish everyone good luck with their new farms, and hope you come up with some good plans, and can meet the goals you are trying for.

4. ol.timer.broke

ol.timer.broke Forum Greenhorn

Hello. You write so very much that I hold opinions and answers.
    I initially felt exactly the same way. (Remember, the many farms I began were started to help others get started with marketing in this game. At that time, there was no other purpose for them.) Time passes slowly it seems but time does pass.

So why would I decide to have useless farms at low levels? As time passed I thought that I would just try and keep the mills spinning something and for no reason in mind. (I never ever forgot though: what I know of this game and life itself I take with me and use it wherever I go if I choose. Up to me! There is no further investment in doing so either.)

An example which will explain:
    I began a farm. Slowly the farm reached the ability to produce frogs. I did not care. But I decided to just produce frog feed. (Game experience!)

I didn't care. Just buy and sometimes sell the daily seeds. Many times I came back and the mill had stopped. Oh well! Over time there was over 14,500 frog feed.

Maybe it was useless?
    Maybe I sold it?
    Then maybe I gifted it to farms I choose? (farmer_broke comes to mind for some reason)
    Maybe at the same time I milled 12,00 parrot feed?
    Maybe it takes 3 days to produce chickens? Up to me!

Aweeeeeeeeeeeee! Mills stopped here, all fields ready (for a while), and I'm foolin around in the EN Forum.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    zerodegrees likes this.
  5. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Yeah, I have farms that I'll never use...just not enough time in the day. Just have to move on- not dwell.

If you aren't growing powderpuffs to get those levels up on your baby farms, you should be. I realize this event is almost over, but there will be another one around the corner...

I am not fooling with most of the quests - did just enough to get a few stars...One farm is growing animals, another certain crops. Peas. There is a high demand for peas. And dandelions. But you gotta get to those levels. Tomatoes are also good at the lower levels.

farmer_broke likes this.
  6. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Each of us using multiple farms may wish to set a goal in order to develop a useful strategy.
    Time is a consideration even if we choose to maintain a single farm. Time one puts into a farm will still remain a concern. Solution: Up to you!

I have been down this road not often taken and can assist to a point. Months and months can be saved but you still must make decisions and take an action or nothing will happen.

I find two scenarios one may work with. You have a main farm going and:
    1. now have much much much smaller farm(s) that are on the same market as the main farm.
    2. now have much much much smaller farm(s) that are not on the same market as the same farm.
    TIME. You are not going to continue harvesting chickens or lettuce on a gazillion farms for long if at all.
    Nothing changes from what you already know at this point.

One desires the most productivity possible for a given length of time. (You may not come close anyway with a second farm. Up to you. I do not and do not even care ............. over time I have sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly gotten closer though.)

Here is something to overwhelm you: If you desire to transfer the revenue from one farm to another then how are you going to do it efficiently?

zerodegrees likes this.
  7. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

At first I was getting too many farms and didnt even save the log in info. But then I did end up with a few that are not bigfish accounts. I know some people dont do real money, but I do spend a little each month, LOL I give myself an allowance. So my farms I am using are bigfish accounts, just in case I decide to go that route.
    I think I will use those like you said maybe to just grow feed or very long stables, something that wont require alot of time. I am calling my new farms, "feeder" farms, they will help supply my main farm.

To transfer the revenue, is a tricky one, as you will loose some CCs in the process. So what I hope to do is transfer the items and sell them on my main farm. Since they are all in the same market,not much need to do the market on all of them, except enough to keep the farm going. Also the ten percent loss, will kind of be worth it too, My plan is to sell myself the highest CC items on the market, so I can do it as quickly as I can.

I have only lost 2 transactions so far, so that is a nice gamble too. I put up 250 Mirabelle tree fruit and someone got it before my feeder farm was able to get them, no big deal. The other was for 100 truffles, I wasnt happy with that one, but it is the chance I am willing to take. I have done probably 1000 or more transactions, to give you an example my "feeder" farms are over level 70 in just a week. I am trying to get as much opened before gift and trade.

What I am trying to do is not think of all these farms as individual farms, but 1 Big Farm, we always say we need more space, well I have that space now. I will only do the events on one farm, as I am a junkie and love to do the events. Unless it gives a new item or some good prizes, I just did the hidden object on them and I had to play over 600 mini games, will not do that again, that took soo much time that I still cant believe I found time to do them. Needless to say I am very tired today as I didnt get much sleep LOL I can see those hidden objects when I close my eyes LOL.

My goal is to come up with a plan and have it in place for the new year, and try this idea out and see how it works out for me, I can always walk away from them if I dont have the time, or just let them sit till I have the time. My other goal is not to spend real money at all on them, even though I did make sure they are bigfish accounts.

I have to laugh at you broke, You once told me my spreadsheets would become "old" to me, well I am using them less and less daily, but some of them I rely on. I keep a running tab, so I know what the average price is of everything, So I know a steal when I see it, I put stables out based on what is making the most CCper hour, I used to concentrate on 50/50 between EV/CC per hour, but I dont keep out all my EV stuff now, I keep enough out so I have enough stock when I need it. My biggest problem I had with multiple farms was the market, they were all in different markets, and that made it too hard to keep up with them, so that is why I only kept track on just my main farm. I have a farm over level 200 and it will now sit and just make CAC and gift it to my farms.

Good luck again to everyone!! Hope this works out well for you. Maybe this will help some more English members join in the hoedown next year. At this time I dont plan on doing it, but Never say never LOL. Im may find out I can do CCs and EV at the same time, and join in again, but that is not my concern at the moment.

zerodegrees likes this.
  8. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

So you were able to set up multiple farms via BigFish? I didn't think that would be possible, so I didn't even try. Plus, too tempting to spend money...that discount. I love a good sale.

farmer_broke likes this.
  9. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

LOL it was very tricky, but I used the method of only trying around every 32 farms, I used a mail.com email account with aliases, because with each bigfish account you have to use a new email address. I also found out that you can try the bigfish free for 30 days, so I used that so I could get all those little offers they offer you in the beginning for like a dollar or 5. I dont ever see offers like that anymore, they all are very high dollar amounts, which I am planning on not using,as bigfish is 6.99 a month, but you do get a free game a month for that plus the discount, and myself and my kids love the games. So what I have ended up with is a bunch of forgotten farms, those that werent in my market, 3 Bigfish accounts and 2 regular farms, so that is a total of 6 farms on the same market, but there is no way I can even try to use them all. But maybe over time, I can do something with them, too much to do at once, I absolutely hate new farms. My daughter has one and it is actually on my market and its not a bigfish account, but she will not give me that farm LOL, she wont let me help her either, I keep telling her I can help her thru the levels to get stuff open and she refuses, she says thats cheating LOL The only thing she has let me do to help her is send her some stuff on gift and trade, and if she is out of CCs she will sell me a few ants she gets from the 1 lonely ant farm I sent her during gift and trade, but other than that she is not having it LOL.

farmer_broke likes this.
  10. farmer_broke

I was laughing too. Not at you using them though .... just the thought of how much TIME in total it takes you to develop them.

I went through the same. And get this: you are going to use them even less than you are now. Yea yea yea yea, I know you like them and how beneficial they are and on and on. The reason why I use them less and less is because:
    1. Time is used when putting in the market data
    2. Time is used in interpreting whatever I want to see
    3. and the time used preparing and interpreting gives me even less time to operationalize what I see
    The result is that the use of the spreadsheets decreases while the use of what is in your head increases. I believe all would benefit by going through this exercise. From the very beginning, one should realize that the exercise will end and hopefully will end it much sooner than I did. The increase of benefits to be derived will decrease as one masters the game. My comment is not to say that the spreadsheets are not useful.

To drive this point home: We have other things we wish to do other than this game is a given. A single farm takes time. Multiple farms on the same market as our main farm takes time. If we play farms outside of our main farm's market then that will take time. (And these different markets require different market data in order to effectively use a spreadsheet for them. And that takes time.)

And your kids need you. ............................. You will come to your senses and cut down the spreadsheet use hahaha or you won't sleep.

Spreadsheets work for me, not me for them.

I have 6 farms now on the same market. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? ah powderpuff?
    That is one way I agree.
    And when you finish the powderpuffin the farm still doesn't have any money.

An even faster way to level the farm up is to have all of your farms and friends farms send EP buffs to your baby farm.
    The farm then is level up real quick.
    hahaha
    Sure I have done it.
    But the farm still will not have any money.
    and even worse than that,
    the farm will have only a handful of stars and many many many many many more are needed (remember baha and the rain forest)

amusing................. multiple junking

zerodegrees likes this.
  11. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

Hahaha, one good thing about this is I already have all that done and saved. So no time there it has already been done.
    Yes this is where I have cut down so much, I used to keep track of everything, I mainly only use the ones I have now for figuring out the cc per hour, etc. You are also right, alot of the information I use, retains in my head, and the more I do things, I remember it. A lot of items, I can look at the price etc, and know it has good numbers, without using the spreadsheets. But I developed them over time, and saved all the data, and just hide the info I dont use or need to use, but never deleted it, I have almost all data saved for all colors of pens, so like you said the info I need for each farm will differ, but I have already done that part, and have the info if I need it. All I had to do was just add the new farms to the info, plus with them being on the same market, there is none of that, remember/figuring out different market info. That is the reason why I only really did the market thing on one farm, every single farm I had was on a different market, and we all know what sells high in one market, sells low on the next market.
    The quickest way for me was to use some of my hoarded items, I know you have big stocks too, well I even had some stuff I wouldnt part with during the hoedown, I wouldnt dare donate it all off, So the new three farms are already leveled up to 73,76, and 80 on the mainlands, and I have almost all baha open, except the timed quest for crystal falls, and one even has all the trophies upgraded and in place in the tree, that is the one, I will consider doing events on. Some of my stocks are a little lower than I like, but that is the point to this new farming idea is so I can replace it all very quickly, and I hate new farms, I mean all that leveling up, opening up land etc, I hate it, and i am so impatient, I hate waiting for anything, I want it now, LOL so that is why I am working on just getting the new farms to a level I am comfortable with.
    LOL they say I am farm crazy. I have had a good 2 weeks, no running the kiddos around much, only a couple Dr appointments for my husband, so I accomplished alot in the past two weeks. Now the running I have starting January 2nd is crazy. My husbands Dr is a little over a two drive, one way, and he has like 6 different appointmentss in less than a week and half. Plus I drive my daughter 12 minutes to her school pick up point twice a day during the weekdays. So I take the time I need when I have it free. I stay so busy, but I still make time for the farms. I know I am a little crazy, well actually a lot crazy. I also am not so addicted to farming that it comes first. Real life stuff comes first ALWAYS! I just choose not to watch TV, read books, surf the net, etc. I farm with my spare time. I used to could check in on my main farm on my phone, but I got an IPhone, and puffin and all those other browsers so far will not work on the iphone. I have alot of busy days starting tomorrow thru Christmas,so not much will get done, but maybe harvesting twice a day and buying daily seeds and I do try to send daily gifts from my main farm. Oh I take that back LOL, me and my daughters usually do day after Christmas sales, so that will be a day of shopping, and then the girls have their 6 month dental check up the 27th too, that is another whole day gone, its about and hour 45 minute drive one way, so we will do lunch, shopping etc that day. Also my one daughter will go thru some extensive testing first of the year, but those have not been scheduled yet, they said it will be over two to three days - half a day each day, so not looking forward to that either, and those are a 45 minute drive one way. We live out in the country in a relatively small town, so we have to drive a long way to the bigger towns for most medical appointments. So over the next week I will be very busy with real life stuff, then get a few days break. And a good thing is I Don't have to nothing with any farms if I dont want to, all that will be right were I left it, when I come back LOL If I force myself to spend time doing something on the farms, I then dont enjoy it, and my number one goal is to have fun doing what Im doing. I love buying and selling in the market, that is my favorite part of my farm, so that is what I tend to spend most of my time. LOL I even named one of my new farms marketqueen LOL

Oh geez I have rambled on and on again, I do that as you see from my posts, so I will go do my morning harvests, then do my real life stuff and be back later, the girls and husband will get up soon and want breakfast, etc.

zerodegrees and no_worry like this.
  12. no_worry

no_worry Forum Greenhorn

@sebe96
    This is the newest broke farm on the same market.
    So 73, 76, and 80! I think I understand your hurry-hurry-no-wait-no-patience. Up to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Perhaps you have a goal in mind? Perhaps you don't? A long-term goal has proven best for all broke farms on the same market. Many things continue to change but many decisions are unnecessary to make also because my goal guides the decision-making process and thus the play itself.

Say the farmer_broke farm starts that selling cheap to the its farms on the same market. What will doing that help me to do? What I want to know! what! what! what! then why! why! why!

For your entertainment, below is about how the craziness goes with a baby farm on the same market for the broke farm:

<--- Hello, I am so happy to be a member of the broke family and on the same market.
    fb <- Welcome. Glad to have you here as a cherished member.

<--- I am low level and need a little wheat. Please give some to me.
    fb <- Nice try and I just so happen to have wheat for sale on the market. Help yourself.

<---But I don't have any money to buy it.
    fb <- huh, no monet! Maybe a problem for you. Solution now is to just grow it yourself.

<-- But you won't come and harvest my farm often enough.
    fb <- Sorry, no time. Grow it yourself. Go buy a tree.

<-- But my mill is not making any chicken feed. It won't run with nothing.
    fb <- You might want to grow the wheat yourself and just forget about that mill for the moment.

<-- But it may be days and days before you come back and will harvest my wheat.
    fb <- True. I love you though and will eventually come back. You can't pay anyway and only want something for nothing now.

<-- May I get a loan for a few more chicken pens?
    fb <- Absolutely not. But I do have a solution that will work.

<-- OK. What do I do?
    fb <- Grow the wheat yourself, put it on the market cheap cheap cheap cheap and I will buy it. Then you will have money. The farm has over 4 million wheat and will not pay much anyway. Something is in this for you.

<-- I still will need some wheat for my mill though.
    fb <- Maybe you shouldn't sell it all.

<--And I need to level up too.
    fb <- Your problem and concern. What is an emergency for you does not mean it is an emergency for me. Well, would you happen to have any rare animal stables? I'll buy the animals from you whenever you can produce them. Maybe you should sell anything in the market or spin the wheel and hope for money. Then go buy a tree or something.

<-- No, I don't have any rare animal stables. What are those?
    fb <- Get outta here! You are now a nuisance-farm. You'll figure it out. Go play in your barn.

<-- There is nothing there to play with.
    fb <- Go find sebe96 .................................. out!

==========

If my main farm cannot get ahead then what do I need the baby farm for? why? why? How I choose to behave with a baby farm has no semblance to how I behave in real life. This is a game.

*Sending a buff to the main farm on the same market is transferring 90% less another 10% to sell it and get the proceeds to the main farm and little more.
    *Checking a baby farm on another market is not free for that baby farm either (most every time). It may as well be ready to hand over the buff gift! Yes I have preferences but the main farm has been known to even take oat bread.

Why take the buffs? MY TIME! (And this is hard and cold! I'll even go so far as to check the farm that can send the most expensive buff gift too!)

---- edit ----
    Ya know, the farm played the market and suddenly its main field is full of trees. hahaha Answer this keeping in mind that I may check the farm in a few days:

Would the farm benefit more from me harvesting 10 minute wheat after a few days waiting OR would the farm be better off if I harvested over 200 trees after a few days waiting?
    xDxDxDxD My time!

Maybe one day this baby farm can produce chickens. Then the broke farm will buy them if priced properly.

(I da care if that farm uses basic chicken pens and has no stall upgrades. But the broke farm is definitely not producing a single chicken with a regular pen.)

All farms must stand on their own before even thinking about participating with other farmer_broke farms taking a united front in the market.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    sebe96, zerodegrees and SahraB like this.
  13. no_worry

no_worry Forum Greenhorn

<--- Happy New Year fb. Thanks for harvesting my fields for me on New Year's day.
    fb <- Happy New Year no-worry. Just had a little time so thought I would harvest for you.

<--- My farm is level 55 now and Baha is level 152. I have been workin smart.
    fb <- WOW! hmmmm 152 on Baha already. You must have studied that farmer_broke event. Congratulations.

<--- Would you have some hay you could give me? Ya know, a New Year's gesture. I only have a little bit of money so a problem.
    fb <- huh, no monet again! Maybe a problem for you as you say. Solution now is to just grow it yourself.

<-- Will you come and harvest?
    fb <- Sorry, no time. Do it yourself or go grow a tree.

<-- Those trees you suggested I grow paid off nicely.
    fb <- There is more to come soon so you might just want to grow a tree.

<-- But it may be days and days before you come back and will harvest.
    fb <- True. I love you though and will eventually come back as I told you.

<-- I'm level 152 on Baha and growin just what you may need.
    fb <- Huh? Well just whisper in my ear what you're growin.

<-- (whispers what is being grown)
    fb <- Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Now there just might be a place for you here.

<-- I can do everything, just everything, anything ....... I'm a real farmer now
    fb <- Here is a New Year's gift for you and you just might want to pay close attention: If you do not have what the broke family of farms desires then nobody is going to come here and visit you. Your farm will fall into farmerama oblivion never ever to be heard from again.

zerodegrees and sebe96 like this.
  14. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

LOL I have too many farms, no time to play xD

That is my biggest problem in game play and real life, I am not a patient person. I now we look at things differently when it comes to game play and that is all good.

I want my farms up and functional. I even have one farm leveled up on baha to help me out with all that dragonfly feed. LOL. Cost me a whole lot of products, but I am hoping it will pay off in just a short time.

I go at everything full force, luckily I held back on stock from the hoedown. But dont worry, Im still slowly working towards that top ten CC holders lists. I baby my baby farms LOL. I am calling them my feeder farms, they are supposed to feed my main farm, but so far, all I have done is feed them it seems, but it will all come together soon.

My husband seems to be getting worse, so his transplant numbers are going up and is moving up the list, so I might have to disappear for awhile, but at least I know all my farms will wait for me.

I have found out the fastest way to level up the baby farms is to grow event plants, even though I know I wont finish the events, it levels me up quite nicely. But then that goes against the goal, I need those farms to produce stock for my barn. I guess I have to let grow up a bit on their own LOL

I could start farms for just all those junk yellow product workshops I have. I have over 300 of duck feathers and sheeps wool. BP needs to hurry up and bring that train to town. And lets not forget those XXL maple and XXL pine trees I have accumulated.

I hope your New Year is off to a good start, and 2020 brings you lots of CCs in your pocket sitting under that broke tree!! :inlove:

no_worry likes this.
  15. no_worry

no_worry Forum Greenhorn

time time time time time time time time time time time <-------------------------------

This farm is Baha level 152. It now produces bitter ginger. Cost you a whole lot of products and cost this farm little or nothing. How?
    Got Baha itself opened
    planted the little sugarcane for kicks
    Produced tree fruit on the mainland to sell
    sold it
    eventually produced enough sugarcane to get the tep for golden bananas to open parrots
    opened parrots
    mainland tree fruit sales produced the revenue needed to buy parrot feathers to complete the entire parrot feather quest
    cc come back, lots of tep, over 140 golden bananas
    Moringa pods also open but the farm buys them.
    All but one plot of baha now open

one plot of crystal falls open
    bitter ginger there too using 1x1s

opened all but two sections of magical glade
    bought cheap stars doing quests to open the rain forest
    rain forest open and producing more bitter ginger using 1x1s

Initially this farm was producing bitter ginger using 2x2's because it had no money for pumpkin jam
    Now it is producing bitter ginger using 1x1s and harvests using pumpkin jam

This farm cannot produce enough bitter ginger for use by the other 5 farms on the same market.
    Does the best it can with the TIME I give it.

And the Baha mill produces dragonfly feed.
    hahaha tep kept rolling in and now it is beginning to waste its time producing seal feed.

and it sure better not be playing around foolin with those stupid parrots and that parrot feed

AND if it even thinks about growing one of those junks then ....... the farm will never get harvested again

see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo woooooooooooooooooorry

Agree that a goal for the main farm is needed.
    Stock? Somewhat agree.
    I am finding that there must be controlled production and not just wild production of any and everything.

The baby farms MUST help the main farm meet its goal or they are no use.
    I must define it, clearly define it and then regularly refine it.

zerodegrees and sebe96 like this.
  16. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

Yes that is what I am trying to do, my other goal is to never have to grow another crop, except event crops when I choose to do so. I am working on getting all the mainlands up to where they can buy 300 crops each, I am picking and choosing what feed each farm will mill, One farm will be completely trees (main goal for that farm is eventually an XXL on each and every square). So that farm that produces trees, will mill feed that only require Trees or recipes that will require low amounts of feed that the daily seeds can handle. Also by not having to grow crops, I will not need machinery. I know you do your farms free, I do spend some money, but hopefully never again on machinery, I have like 2 years worth of machinery coupons on my main farm, Oh how I wish we could sell those things or be allowed to trade them, Or heck I would be happy if I could give them as a daily gift to my neighbors who need them.

I love how we can all play differently and set our own goals as to what we want from the game, or should we say what the game do for us. With all of us playing "our own way" is what makes this game all come together. For example, you say you buy your moringa pods. I know some players will try not to buy anything from the market unless they have to. Some players will not hardly make any feed, prefer to buy them. I try to have a reason for almost everything I do, kinda like playing checkers or chess, I think and plan before each move. LOL well not everything, I messed around yesterday and was so busy doing this and that, I missed the deadline for event that ended in the middle of the day. I was kind mad at myself, but just shrugged it off, and kept going.:cry:xD:wuerg:>:( It wasnt a complete loss, because I was growing the event crop mainly to level up, but still missed out on some goodies.

Well Im off to get my daughter ready for school. Her school system got out a few days earlier than the other schools, but they go back today, and all the others dont go back till Monday. LOL and here she thought she was getting over on her friends when she got out earlier than her friends that are in another school system, now they are laughing at her because they didnt have to go to bed early last night LOL

farmer_broke likes this.
  17. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I had a goal to get to on the baby farms on sewinglady's market - level up enough to be able to grow onions and hazelnuts. I got them both there last couple days...oh and using them to make extra animals...geese, at the moment.

I've decided that NONE of the baby farms will ever breed. So shuffling pheromones to this or sewinglady's farm...

And what is with the prices of feed lately? Especially Baha feeds.

Sebe, I think we picked a good time to make baby farms - the calendar and the Christmas and New Years codes - nice bonuses that helped the baby farms level up quickly.

farmer_broke and sebe96 like this.
  18. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

Yes, even the Seasons has done well for me too. Gift and trade didnt hurt either LOL. I am gonna try to be organized next gift and trade and be choosy what I send over to them since we can only send 20 a day. There are ways around it, but it takes too much time and is exhausting. They all have a good start though. I tried to plan as much as I could, but I still didnt get all accomplished as I would of liked, but they are holding their own almost now, Once I have all land open, and the daily seeds up to 300, I wont care about leveling up or anything, the goal is to harvest twice a day. I have one farm dedicated to breeding animals, but not sure if I will breed on that farm or not, just grow the breeding animals. I like the breeding events, but I get so many crates on my main farm I can breeze thru them so easily, some of the level 1 animals I have Hundreds of. I guess it will depend on what "Neons" or new pens that are introduced. I may just breed up what PF I have and sell whatever I get from them. Im still working on my TOTAL plan for the baby farms, too many ideas and I keep changing my mind as I log in each day it seems LOL

One of my main goals for this new way of farming is to cut back on how much real money I spend. My main farm can holds its own with all the crates, cloudrows etc it gets. I used to spend alot of money on Wheel Spins, trying to get those bonus Harvest deals, but having multiple farms is almost like always having a bonus. Now one thing I will always spend money on is the new animals and trees, but that will be on my main farm. If I have a few BBs on the baby farms I may buy some, but not a whole Pack. Which actually sometimes I do soo much better buying the individuals and not the packs.

I think almost all prices have gone haywire. I have a set of usual things I sell and when I randomly check prices, it blows my mind. I can remember when I first starting feed for my source of CCs, there was only a couple that sold for over 10K, now there is only a few that sell under 10K

So that is one good thing about the multiple farm is I can spread out that feed production, making sure I never have to buy feed.

I have noticed during long events that take up all three fields it raises the prices alot in the market, because people are using their fields for events and buying other stuff for FSQs, feed, etc.

And those pesky little chickens and cuckoos, they sell so high one day and so low the next.

Good Luck with your new farms

farmer_broke likes this.
  19. farmer_broke

The goals some list are nice AND very unrealistic! :oops:

We may want to rethink what our intentions are with these baby farms and main farm.

Please try and understand this: We DO NOT have the T I M E that is needed to accomplish all that we know we can do. WE DO NOT!
    (The time we can spend with a baby farm will limit us. The lack of time to spend will limit what the baby farm can efficiently do. I have saved myself a lot of frustration by realizing this. Once I realized this, the goals of the baby farms were set realistically. The baby farms will not operate as your main farm does. It/they cannot.)

I really disagree with the following yet this choice is yours:

Why not?
    • power feed just shows up from wheel spins or even without effort
    FACT: Two breeding animals were recently transferred to the broke farm.
    Cost to the broke farm .10 times 2 is .20 ccs
    Cost of animals to baby farm -0- (I do not care if it was 10 million) Here is why:
    The low market value of the breeding animals was 45,000,000 times 2 which is 90,000,000
    (How and what and when to transfer to a main farm is an entirely different discussion .... we will get there)

What if you get a great skip using base animals? That is possible! (If my baby farms never breed then they have no chance of a skip.)

My baby farms are not going out of their way to breed but they all will breed ..... as long as they have free power feed.

Does this make sense: Sell the two breeding animals (total market value 90 million) but sell for the low low and buy an egg.
    Up to me!

zerodegrees likes this.
  20. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

I am learning this!! I am finding out this, and was just thinking this tonite, although it all sounds good, I will not neglect my main farm for the baby farms, I know I wont and dont have the time to run all these farms full time, so whatever they can "help" me along way is all good. If I have the time to log into each of these once or twice a day it is excellent, but I dont see that happening everyday. And I know if I try to run them full time, I would go insane LOL

One thing we can do is that I am finding out is run those mills full time load them up, you dont have to log in to them while they produce that feed.

What broke said about the breeding makes sense, LOL I think he is in my mind, I was just saying about the same thing to my daughter tonite, that I would breed on those farms with whatever PF I collect, and take whatever extra animail I can get along the way as long as I wait and do it when a BabyBoom is in effect.

Also rethinking and changing my game plan is a daily part of this game.

My advice to everyone is to use these farms as helpers, and not use up all your time that your main farm needs. I learned this very quickly. If I am spending to much time on them, my main farm will pay the price,and that was not our intentions at all. But I can see some people over extending themselves.

LOL and back to my motto Lets just have fun :D

farmer_broke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.