Multiple farms on same market

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by ol.timer.broke, Dec 5, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

tick tick tick tick tick ... T I M E
    Each of us using multiple farms must find our own balance regarding where time is spent and for whatever our individual reasons.
    I assure you that you will periodically spend more time on the baby farm(s) and less on the main farm.
    I have found myself even making less offers on the main farm. (Marketing using multiple farms does have challenges of its own too.)

Soooooooooooo you're going to climb that tree! (Up to you!)
    and go from 100 to 300 seeds (up to you)
    and somehow get the stars to climb the tree

Two thoughts come to mind:
    1. tick tick tick tick T I M E
    2. hahahahahahaha Where is the money to do all this coming from? .... and everyday?

Some purchase power feed for their main farm.

With some power feed purchases, the neighbors receive a little power feed too because of the purchase.

Nothing has been said that our main farms cannot have our baby farms as neighbors.

soooooooooooo, with a baby farm as the main farm's neighbor,
    whenever the main farm purchases power feed
    then the baby farm gets a little too

...... on and on

People just get more for their RL money if they choose and plan accordingly.

A decision required by each of us: What do I do with the new animal stables and workshops that the baby farm acquires over time? (It will happen.)

sebe96 likes this.
  2. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

This maybe true, as I said my game plan changes daily LOL I just realized I have wasted many hours on Pink Bat Guano workshops, the reds also give two per harvest for almost half the time, all this time I never paid attention to that little detail LOL, Once I realized that earlier, those pinks were taken down. and filled a Manufactory with Reds.

I do know I have slow down a bit though, as I said in my earlier post, getting these farms to where I want them have been driving me crazy, and I like playing this game to relax, not get stressed, but I keep thinking of the end game plan I have in mind.

Time, once they are upgraded, I only will need that few minutes to buy the seeds daily.
    money - dont cost me real money, but it has cost me many CCs and barn stock. Again thinking of that end game plan. I like to think of the famous saying," it takes money to make money" So I am using stocks up to hopefully replace them plus alot more. Who knows all this may blow up on me.

I still havnt come with a good plan on the whole market thing, I think it will be too fustrating for "ME" to do it on those farms, but they need to hold their own too. I have alot of ideas concerning the market, just havnt really made a decision yet.

What I am doing and this again is what I am doing, I am doing the FSQs mainly for the products to gain stars quickly, and picking some FSQs that give good stars, My 3 baby farms are at 1 at 300, one at 250 and the thrid is at 200. Once I get them all three at 300, I will no longer do FSQs, well I probably will but only if I have the stuff, and the ones that have good rewards. On my main farm, I dont care about doing many of the FSQs anymore either, I may go thru them like once a month and if I have the stock to spare I might do some.

I absolutely hate growing crops, I really think it is my least favorite part of the game, not sure why, just is LOL. Also if I dont grow crops I wont be so easily persuaded to buy machinery. I dont mind doing stables by hand. My main farm has like 2 years worth of machinery, so that farm wont have that problem, and one of My goals is stop spending so much Real money.

I am thinking TRAINS!! get rid of them!! And the train is another thing most people dont agree with how I use the train LOL, I use up those BBs for instant delivery and turn around the pens/trees that I want to get rid of. Speaking of trains, we havnt had one in a long time, my yellow stables and xl tree stock on my main farm is crazy.

farmer_broke likes this.
  3. farmer_broke

Here is what I am working with (all on same market):

Main Farm​

Baby1 Baby2 Baby3 Baby4 Baby5

The Tropics for the Main Farm has a Goal
    Each baby farm is contributing to that goal (One baby farm developing but contributing)
    Each baby farm must hold its own or too too bad for baby

Each baby farm has the three farm fields (Two are missing 2 plots of the glade)
    The main field has all workshops obtained and special animal pens and any regular animal pen which has an upgrade (usually no yellow)
    That main field is nearly full on two farms (I do not even care what pens they are but I cannot buy them)

About the last third of the main field and the glade and the meadow are free to change
    BUT Each farm must supply its own feed for the pens it uses! No main farm help.
    If baby has no feed then too bad for baby. The baby must produce what it has feed for.

Seeds are regularly purchased (only 100 max)
    Periodically the babies need funds and will sell .... but if selling to main farm the baby may not even get what it paid for the seeds

yea right!

A sample routine sequence:
    • harvest 3 farm fields by hand
    • list poo as needed
    • harvest tropics by hand
    • list poo as needed
    • check baha mill and make certain milling what is needed
    • purchase all baha seeds
    • purchase all main farm seeds
    • check main farm mill and make certain milling what is needed (if not seeds for the special pens then either inactive or begin the change game)
    • harvest park
    • gift
    • maybe try and list something (I already see same market with each farm--Do I want all six farm listing rabbits?<-- Do I?)
    • Sign out and go to the next farm

And there have been no changes in the fields.

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

And if we start thinking then more tick tick tick tick tick tick

Main farm is lonely without us because we are fooling with babies

Want to swap pens out?
    Up to you!
    tick tick tick tick tick tick

What to play in the market on a baby farm?
    Up to you!

and you want to play with fsq?
    Up to you!

We can think an action through much faster than we can do.

This above sequence cannot be done in 2 minutes. Believe me I've tried. And countless times.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    sebe96 and zerodegrees like this.
  4. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I think that some of my baby farms may have fallow fields in the near future. One of the reasons I wanted them higher in level is so that I could put in looong crops and just harvest once a day.

sebe96 likes this.
  5. sebe96

sebe96 Forum Demigod

Yes, I understand what you are saying broke, I know it will take more than a few minutes to do all that. And I am spending more time that I would like at the moment.

My goal for the babies is
    ==do gifts, but most only have the family farms, so this only gets done if I have time.
    ==harvest all fields, right now most of them have machinery as I am using the FSQs to help with that to get the farms set up, I know once I switch to no machinery this time will go up.
    ==Check Mills, I try to get them loaded so that dont have to be done so often. But really how long does it take to send 5 or 7 gifts. No keeping track that I am gifting all my neighbors etc.
    ==Buy daily seeds
    ==Harvest

Anything else that gets done will be when I have the time.
    Right now I am spending more time, getting them to where I want them.
    I still have 3 other farms that when I have time, That I log into once a day, dont do anything really on them but sent CAC or PPP to the farms. At this time I refuse to do anything more on these, I do keep the mill running, But I really really load it up, Will sell that feed when I run out of CCs to buy the CAC and PPP to send as gifts. The CAC I make on my main farm is being sold as I make it,and of course using it when I grow crops, but hopefully will be very little or not at all, unless Im doing events.

Right now I am opposite of you, I am supplying the baby farms with what is needed to get them where I want them, then I have to make decisions on The Market, and how and what to do with what I do manage to harvest on these farms. I have many ideas, but just waiting to decide on that at a later time. I should have my farms completely set up to where I want them over the weekend. I am working on them as time permits getting them leveled up or opening what land I choose to open. I still have one farm that does not have the rainforest open. Crystal Falls I am choosing to hold off opening up all the way till I get more pens sent over, and 2 I hate hate hate timed quests. I have them opened up with what I could do with GB, but these farms still have alot of yellow pens, and xl trees that I am using on them till something better comes along. I am going to do the same thing, Make sure what animals I choose to grow, to make sure they can grow their own feeds.

Some people may have been working with multiple farms on the same market for awhile, and have their own way of doing things, but for me its all new, and Im learning and deciding what to do and when as I go along.

zerodegrees and farmer_broke like this.
  6. farmer_broke

@sebe96
    I sense you progressing very nicely with your farms on the same market.

To share with you what I know from having been where you are is all I can do. Hopefully this sharing will keep others from falling into the same traps I did. You and anyone else can do whatever they want.

From much prior experience with this multiple farm approach, we only have two choices and the choice will determine how we perform:
    1. Get complete and justifiable control of the time we spend on the baby farms OR
    2. Allow time itself to control what we accomplish through use of the baby farms

(All six farms are ready to be harvested here. Almost time for game reset too. I don't care for now because my priorities are (at this moment):
    Write sebe
    then go play basketball
    then shower
    then eat
    then read what I want for work
    then watch the news
    then ...... and
    then maybe I can get to farm

I must exercise complete control of the time I spend with these baby farms or time itself will control me.

Please say hello to your daughter for me and
    Tell your husband: Good luck with sebe and take care of yourself as best you can.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sebe

sebe96, zerodegrees and ShhhImFarming like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.