New Baby reindeer to my herd

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by BoHoKaren, Feb 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

I concur - Gandalf is very nice to behold!

2. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

They look so soft and fuzzy at this stage. It makes me want to pet them. :)

sanddollar15, joanc123 and Lilaclady like this.
  3. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

No video I am afraid.
    I was hiding out of the wind in the field shelter, as I was on the phone with a storm raging around. Katya had come in to eat from one of the indoor troughs. Her tummy was going beyond mild flickering kicks, her CALF (definitely pregnant) was doing a Tango, no doubt about a calf in her belly. [​IMG]:)
    The most obvious pregnancy diagnosis I have seen this early and guessing an earlyish calf.
    If early this will greatly help me as Katya was the only girl that had to change rutting paddocks. She escaped from Gandalf twice into the neutral shelter belt, I eventually had to put her in with Frodo. All the other girls I know 100% who father is but delivery date of Katya's calf depends on when calf is born.
    Tomorrow, I am off to try to dissuade my elderly father to not go on the Cruise he is booked on (Friday) but if he insists I have a vehicle full of hand gel that I will insist he packs ! :(

baw815, zerodegrees, tlcmom and 6 others like this.
  4. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

But cruises are extra good value at the moment! You book one week, get two free!

5. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

6. BoHoKaren

I now have wonderful neighbours.
    I received this photo saying this reindeer had been behaving oddly for a while and should she go and check. I saw photo and just giggled, only Boris on a lichen steal - I had forgotten to put it out of this thief's range!
    [​IMG]
    Boris is always up for sneak thieving!

7. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

xDxD

Lilaclady and joanc123 like this.
  8. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Good old Boris. I bet he wouldn't share his "stolen" treat with the othersxD

tlcmom, sanddollar15 and joanc123 like this.
  9. BoHoKaren

Scary times for all atm with Corvid-19.
    I will try to share happy posts from time to time but please bear with "us" as vulnerable family, friends, neighbours and of course my reindeer need my time too. We will all get through (hopefully) but time is a little stretched at times.
    Stay well all.. Reindeer kisses to all.
    [​IMG]

10. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

Stay safe and well!

tlcmom, Lilaclady, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
  11. BoHoKaren

My pregnant girls are not taking things too seriously yet.. :)
    This is Mischa, I have seen tummy kicks in her but either not often enough for a video or wind blowing too much for other people to see.
    [​IMG]
    Panic buying has spread to animal feeds too and my mill is in overdrive providing horse feed and can't mill my reindeer feed... I only have enough until maybe Friday... Scary times. (

12. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Tell Mischa that she won't be laughing if you run short of food:cry: Seriously though I do hope that all will be OK for you as far as their feed goes. Hugs to all of them, and especially to you and Pookie.

joanc123, sanddollar15 and Willow like this.
  13. BoHoKaren

A Happy Dance from me today!
    After 72 hours of absolute panic as my feed mill is no longer milling "exotic" feeds and I only have about 3 days of feed left. I had put them onto 1/2 rations and with my girls so close to calving I was in utter despair. Feed store have now sourced enough feed for about 6 weeks, which will get most of the girls to calving. And breathe, I still have to organise feed for May onwards as reindeer have to be fed pellets 365 but late pregnancy is very important.
    And my silly... Elsa now has only one antler to shake at me, so her huffing and puffing carries far less weight! [​IMG]:) Got to love her, she's a character beyond.
    [​IMG]
    And Lilaclady contacted me personally, as worried about no updates on Belle. She is still fighting on, she still has a discharge, but is eating well and happy in herself, she wears a rug to try to maintain body weight and I am hoping once Spring kicks in she will gain weight. For now I only have a distance photo of her (in red rug) but will take a close up toorrow and share with Lilac so that I can post here for any who are worried about her. xx
    Stay safe all.
    PS sorry FB not working so I can't share photo of Belle :(

14. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Good news about the feed! :D You were in my thoughts and prayers about that. Glad also that Belle is still persevering; I hope to see her well this year. Blessings to you and the lovely reindeer - and excitedly waiting for the new arrivals!

15. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

Great news on the feed front! I'm glad to hear your babies and baby-makers won't go hungry.

Make sure you don't go hungry either! Take care of yourself in this crazy time.

16. BoHoKaren

Say hello to Lexi's calf - it won't be long now before I can really introduce the new babies to you but for now I am sure you can see this little one!
    Will Lexi have another white one or a spotty nosed, time will tell but it's very active. :)
    Stay safe everyone and we will try our best to bring the odd smile - we need smiles. xx

17. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Has she got a boxer hiding in there:)

18. BoHoKaren

Sharing happy news, a little late as I haven't my finger on pulse this year BUT just to share happy photos as first reindeer calves have been born in Alaska.. On the sad side though, a friend also from Alaska, had her first cow go into labour but it was twins and both born dead. We always hope for the usual, singletons. Twins are always sad.
    [​IMG]

19. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Good to hear the happy news about the reindeer calves:) Sad to hear about the cow's twins though:cry:

20. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

I am happy to see pictures of your reindeer and hear that you managed to find feed for them at least for some time. :)

Stay safe Karen!

joanc123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.