New Baby reindeer to my herd

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by BoHoKaren, Feb 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

That's quite a haul! Happy Easter to you and your herd :D

Brookeham, Lilaclady, Willow and 2 others like this.
  2. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks Karen, what a lovely picture of Pookie and the antlers! Now to find an Easter Basket big enough to put them in!xD;)

3. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

Thank you both.. I was about to break rules on double posting and get my wrists slapped as I had Youtube video on my "paste" button but I have other things to do which I needed my copy paste function available.. ;)
    Anyway, today I have let them back into another paddock as the hedgerow browse was growing so well. I don't want them to calve in here but I think I have another few days (maybe a week).
    You will see most have lost their antlers and starting to look scruffy as they loose their Winter coats.

4. sanddollar15

Thanks Karen, they sure do like those hedges! :) and are enjoying a nibble or two!

Lilaclady, Willow and joanc123 like this.
  5. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

I always enjoy seeing your happy beauties enjoying life; and Pookie on guard with the antler haul was an added bonus! Thanks so much for sharing. At least you don't have any problems getting the reindeer to eat their veggies!xD

joanc123, Lilaclady and sanddollar15 like this.
  6. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Wow Pookie has been a busy girl, she now has to decide which ones will suit her best! It is nice to see your herd enjoying themselves munching on the hedgerow:inlove:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    joanc123 and sanddollar15 like this.
  7. BoHoKaren

My Easter Bunnies. Luna, Lily and Amber looking in.
    [​IMG]
    Lexi (Lily's mother) will be on "close watch" from tomorrow as I am convinced her new baby will arrive Thursday/Friday... I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it is very close now. :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  8. -Mir85-

How cute :inlove:

Good luck Karen :)

Brookeham and joanc123 like this.
  9. happycallie

happycallie Forum Great Master

10. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Beautiful girls. Looking forward to "hearing" the patter of tiny hooves.:inlove:

11. BoHoKaren

It seems an udder full of colostrum isn't as imminent as I thought.
    Still no babies but I am thankful today, as we were all drowned rats and I didn't want a baby being born into driving rain.
    All girls seems happy, relaxed & chewing cud. No one pacing or looking uncomfortable. So the wait continues.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. sanddollar15

Thanks for the pictures Karen! Yes here's hoping when it is time for babies to be born it will not be pouring rain!
    And so, now we just wait, till Mother Nature says it is time! Hoping for healthy, happy mothers and babies! Can't wait! :music:

joanc123, Lilaclady and baw815 like this.
  13. BoHoKaren

I think the first baby is on the way, not to Lexi but Ria! She seems to be in early stages of labour.
    Ria has been keeping that udder well hidden in her Winter coat!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. sanddollar15

Oh how exciting! Fingers crossed all goes well and you soon have a new member to you herd!:inlove::inlove:

joanc123 likes this.
  15. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Keeping my fingers crossed as well that all goes well with Ria.

sanddollar15 and joanc123 like this.
  16. BoHoKaren

I am hoping this video may bring a little happiness in these dark days... ;)

Welcome to Ria's heifer calf, born this evening. (Frodo the proud father)

17. -Mir85-

That's lovely Karen :inlove: Congrats to Ria, Frodo and you! :)

Those were some good attempts at standing up :D

Noelle20001, Lilaclady and joanc123 like this.
  18. sanddollar15

What a sweet baby and Ria is going to make sure it has a proper bath! When I think back to Frodo fighting for his life it makes me so happy to see how far he has come with your love and care! Simply amazing!:inlove:

Noelle20001, Lilaclady and joanc123 like this.
  19. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I absolutely melted when I watched that video. Ria is definitely going to be a very caring mother. Congrats to her and Frodo! :)

Noelle20001, joanc123 and Lilaclady like this.
  20. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Thank you so much for the video, it brought a tear to my eye to see such a beautiful event in these sad times. Congratulations to Ria and Frodo:inlove:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.