New Baby reindeer to my herd

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by BoHoKaren, Feb 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Congratulations, another beautiful baby born to the herd!:inlove:

Lilaclady and joanc123 like this.
  2. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Congratulations to Lexi on her big baby boy:inlove:

Cassie101, Brookeham and joanc123 like this.
  3. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

It may seem cute but I am rather worried as Elsa has laid claim to Mischa's calf Dove. Elsa has no milk and I am now guessing she isn't in calf as she has stolen Mischa's baby. Luckily at the moment Elsa is "allowing" Mischa to feed her calf but most of the day Elsa believes Dove is hers. I am thinking I should remove Elsa from paddock BUT we have a major Fox issue at the moment and I know Elsa is the only one that would pummel a fox getting near any of the babies... she even pummels me!
    Pictures are Elsa with her "stolen" calf. :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Demigod

Sorry you get pummeled. :eek: It's a shame Elsa will not have one of her own. I hope Dove keeps Mischa's sweet temper.

Lilaclady, Cassie101 and sanddollar15 like this.
  5. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Hope all will be resolved peacefully. So sorry that Elsa will not have a baby this year; she obviously thinks she should have! Dove is lovely.:inlove:

6. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

I hope that Elsa continues to let Mischa feed Dove without any problems. Sad that she won't be having a baby of her own, but hopefully she will guard the babies from Mr Fox.

7. sanddollar15

Doesn't motherhood make Elsa a kinder, gentler reindeer? I just hope she realizes she is only the "Nanny" not the mom!;) Best of luck to you Karen!

8. BoHoKaren

I had to remove Elsa from the Mothers' and babies paddock once she started to chase away Dove's true mother Mischa. The best outcome for baby Dove as she is once again totally bonded to her real mother but it has been awful watching Elsa's heartbreak.
    2 days on, Elsa is now laying happily with her "new, 3 B, herd" - the Boys, Belle, and last years' Babies but she still hustles me as I try to get through the gate which leads to baby Dove 2 paddocks away. But at least she has stopped running up and down grunting...
    They say elephants never forget but nor does Elsa forget where Dove is!

9. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Poor Elsa :(

joanc123 likes this.
  10. sanddollar15

That is very sad for Elsa, BUT good for baby Dove and Mischa!:inlove:

Willow, Lilaclady and joanc123 like this.
  11. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

I hope that Elsa soon manages to forget about Dove. It is such a shame that she is not going to have a baby of her own this year:cry:

12. BoHoKaren

Elsa is now in the 3 B's paddock ... The Boys, Belle and last years Babies. She is almost settling with them although it doesn't help that the babies "honk" to Auntie Elsa when she grunts for them in a neighbouring paddock.
    All 6 babies born are doing well. Not a great photo but it's hard to get all 6 babies in same photo.
    Keep well, stay safe. x
    [​IMG]

13. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Good to see all the babies together, they do grow so quickly. Hopefully Elsa will be a good Auntie to them when they are older.

joanc123 and BoHoKaren like this.
  14. BoHoKaren

o_Ooh, I'm thinking of bringing Elsa and all the other reindeer together to protect babies, as I found a fox in the middle of baby herd today and this fox has killed all neighbours chickens last weeks, I also think she has had the placentas before I could find them. Luckily Mischa chased it off but guessing a vixen feeding cubs as she is hunting in the day too. :(

15. Willow

Oh my! You are probably right about it being a vixen; feeding babies is the priority to cause day hunting. Hope the combined herd convince the fox to hunt elsewhere! Elsa's problem can be dealt with later.

When you have time (wishful thinking!) perhaps you can give us photos and names of the new sweeties, so we can get to know them.:inlove:

Lilaclady, Brookeham and joanc123 like this.
  16. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Demigod

After chasing a fox away, Mischa may be up to the task of setting Elsa straight about who is Doves real mommy. ;)
    I m wishfully thinking the same thing Willow. :inlove:

17. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

I hope that all the babies stay safe. Perhaps Auntie Elsa would help to keep the fox away, and as joanc123 has said maybe Mischa will make sure she is put in her place with regard to Dove.

Willow and joanc123 like this.
  18. BoHoKaren

[QUOTE="Willow,

When you have time (wishful thinking!) perhaps you can give us photos and names of the new sweeties, so we can get to know them.:inlove:[/QUOTE]

(I will try over the next couple of days.. Today is the two white babies, one female, the other male but tbh they are hard to tell apart atm..)

Why is it that the white babies always find the muckiest places to lay? Rudi on the muck heap, even though he has acres of clean grass, field shelters etc.
    Fox update... I have integrated the 3 adult boys (Boris, Gandalf & Frodo) and also Elsa into the baby paddock as extra guardians for the babies. Elsa is delighted, and once again Dove has TWO mothers, her own, Mischa and Elsa two... Come on Mrs Fox if you dare!
    Rudi (M)
    [​IMG]
    Dove (F)
    [​IMG]

19. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Demigod

xDxD Rudi figures the fox won't find him there. And Dove has a mommy on each side!! :inlove:

20. Willow

What a pair of guardians, Dove is well protected!:D
    Rudi, like many boys, just wants to play in the dirt! Poor mom will have to wash behind his ears! xD

Thanks so much for the two photos!:inlove:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.