New Baby reindeer to my herd

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by BoHoKaren, Feb 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Thinking of you and Hope and keeping fingers crossed that she gets better.

joanc123 and sanddollar15 like this.
  2. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

She's still with us ATM but to be honest probably not tomorrow. :(

3. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Very sad indeed, praying she will make it through the night!

4. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I am so very, very sad to hear that. :cry:

5. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

So hard to hear, Karen. :cry:

6. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

So very sorry to hear that:cry:

7. BoHoKaren

She is still with us but very, very ill. xx

Willow likes this.
  8. sanddollar15

Thank you Karen for letting us know! These are very sad and stressful times for you! I really pray that Hope improves! Hugs to all!

Lilaclady, joanc123 and BoHoKaren like this.
  9. Willow

Hoping for the best!

Lilaclady and joanc123 like this.
  10. BoHoKaren

Sorry, no pictures of herd as I have been too distracted with baby Hope and only just a quick check to feed and make sure they are all well.
    Hope update.. :(
    Monday Update. I had the vet back out today as she came to the end of her prescribed medication this morning but no improvement. Vet thinking now that cause could have been a head trauma as if Listeria he was expecting her either to have died already or be showing signs of recovery but he has told me to continue with Penstrep for another 5-7 days in case it is still Listeria. He did manage to get bloods today in order to eliminate some guesses. She has severe neurological issues, so even if we can pull her through, which is a day by day worry, how much brain damage has been done and quality of life will have to be considered. BUT on the positive, she is eating well if I lift her to a trough at the right height and hold her head so that she doesn't continue circling, also I have found she will drink milk better from a dish held at nose height rather than a bottle. I have had to move on to Lamblac today as mother seems to have almost dried up (20 minutes of milking and only a tsp, so sent hubby to buy Lamblac as I give up with milking mother!) Touch and go still. :(

Lilaclady, joanc123, Willow and 3 others like this.
  11. sanddollar15

Again Karen, thanks so much for the up-date! I know how very busy you are with the herd and the distraction with Hope and trying to make sure she is fed and taken care of, you are doing amazing! Still hoping for better news as time goes on! thoughts and prayers for you all! :inlove:

Lilaclady, joanc123 and Willow like this.
  12. Willow

So difficult for you right now; I am glad Hope is still eating. Blessings to you as you deal with everything.

Lilaclady, joanc123 and sanddollar15 like this.
  13. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Thinking about you and Hope and wishing all the best for her.

sanddollar15 and joanc123 like this.
  14. BoHoKaren

Lilaclady asked "elsewhere" how Belle was... So sorry, I forgot to update as her recovery, weight gain was steady and I sort of forgot that others may wonder. She is doing really well, she started her weight gain in March and her antler growth for this year is already 3x better than end of growth last year (don't compare to huge antlers in background they belong to one of my entire boys, she is on par with the girls)
    She, as all are moulting dreadfully but I am sure her new coat will be wonderful. She is no longer a worry, she may no longer be fertile, but who cares, she is a healthy reindeer now.
    [​IMG]
    Hope is surprisingly (but thankfully) still fighting. She still has severe neurological issues but she is surprising the vets that she is still a little fighter. xx

15. sanddollar15

That is great news to see Belle doing so well she too is a fighter, bless her heart!:inlove: I keep hoping that Hope improves everyday and I guess at this point that is all we can hope for! ;) Thanks Karen for all the up-dates!

16. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I'm glad to hear Hope is still fighting to make it and that Belle is much better than last year. Bless you for working so hard to save them both!

17. Willow

Rejoicing in Belle's improvements! :D Blessings to you as you deal with Hope's issues; she is really a tough little lady!

Lilaclady and joanc123 like this.
  18. BoHoKaren

Hope...
    Tuesday update. I think baby Hope, may, have turned the corner today. She shot off when I gave her her daily injection (I have not needed to restrain her during her illness). She was able to walk in a straight line several times and even walked to her right (last two weeks she could only circle to left). She interacted with her mother briefly too. And a slight improvement in vision (I think she can see light and dark now) as if moving slowly, she doesn't hit a wall. I have just given her 3rd milk feed today and as soon as she heard me arrive, she honked - the first time she has called out in over two weeks. I am so hopeful but her eyeballs are still extremely swollen and her head also but she has improved greatly today. Still a VERY long way to go and dreadful decisions may still have to be taken in the future, if once the brain swell recedes she has too much brain damage caused by brain swell to cope but for now I and delighted to see some improvement

19. happycallie

happycallie Forum Great Master

Maybe Hope is going to give us some of the Hope many of us are looking for in this time . Prays do get answered. Bless you for all your patients in dealing with every thing you have to deal with.
    happycallie

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    joanc123, Lilaclady, Willow and 3 others like this.
  20. sanddollar15

Well for me, that sure is some bright and happy news:inlove: in a not so bright and happy world! The fact that Hope may be able to see light and dark has got to be less scary for her! Praying she continues to improve, no matter how small it may seem at the time! Bless you Karen for always taking such good care of your herd no matter what gets thrown at you!:inlove:

joanc123, Lilaclady, Willow and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.