New Baby reindeer to my herd

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by BoHoKaren, Feb 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

PS all 3 girls are pregnant

It is and he's such a wooose, he's a cuddles bunny, pulls carts of firewood lets kids hang off his antlers (when he has them) I even pretend I am going to ride him... straddle him with tippy toes on ground, but he seems to grin and sits on the floor (like a dog) and smirks!! A real character, raids feed store around the clock almost... video of him in action.. if anyone wants to see the real Boris in action...

Last edited by moderator: Apr 19, 2015
  2. fifitrixiebell

fifitrixiebell Forum Veteran

Karen I love this video you put on for us! Boris is a star! :inlove: May I ask which part of the UK you're in,presuming you are in the UK?? I presumed you were from somewhere abroad..and cold lol but the very English accent in the video tells me you/your family are English. I didn't realise people kept reindeers in this country..is that very stupid of me??

IVANCICA30 likes this.
  3. BoHoKaren

Yes England.. I never turn up volume and hope others don't! Sorry I talk to babies but that's just (my share with them!! ;) ) The Lyxlyk Reindeer herd are in England.. (the Midlands, Northamptonshire - to be even closer!!) Gosh you are a good Sleuth fifitrixiebell!! Eeek!! ;)

d5aisy and IVANCICA30 like this.
  4. fifitrixiebell

fifitrixiebell Forum Veteran

Lol, yes it was a real toughie figuring out the accent..xD. I'm a big animal lover so am interested in most things animal related! How lovely that we have these gorgeous creatures in our country! I am in the East Midlands..I would love to know the nearest place where I could go see these Reindeers.

5. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Thank you for the videos of the reindeer. I enjoyed them very much! We had ponies that would also raid the feed and my mom had a sheep that would follow her around like a dog and would also look for any tidbit whether it be in a bucket or pocket.

6. BoHoKaren

FiFitri.. thanks for contacting In Game - your sleuthing is very good (scarily) but won't post their whereabouts in public... Will personally... through IGM maybe... ???

IVANCICA30 and fifitrixiebell like this.
  7. BoHoKaren

Mixed emotion here... My youngest reindeer "cow" looks as if she is due to calf by the weekend... she should have been last but her udder says differently. I want babies to arrive but wanted her to go full term, for her, end of May...!! :( Just hoping the little calf will be big enough to survive... Wouldn't be worried if the other two girls were showing signs of calving as they were with the bull 3 weeks prior to Katya... :(

8. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Fingers crossed all goes well BoHoKaren.

9. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

Yes, thinking good thoughts and hoping all arrive healthy and happy (preferably at term). (I do know that "normal" gestation can vary a great deal and the end of May isn't all that far away. If it's her first, there is no history to go by.)

:)

10. BoHoKaren

Ladies in waiting - still!!! Mischa's belly is beyond. All looking scraggy with their annual moult (antlers and hair). Mischa's udder the least developed but her tummy is at bursting point!! :([​IMG]

11. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

How gorgeous! Thank you for the updates!! Fingers crossed for the "early gal"!

d5aisy, IVANCICA30, BoHoKaren and 2 others like this.
  12. puppiesnponies

Thank you for sharing the photo and giving us updates! We are all eager to see the new arrivals!

d5aisy, IVANCICA30, BoHoKaren and 2 others like this.
  13. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

Hi BoHoKaren
    Though this is my first posting to your thread, I have been following along. Your updates and pictures are simply delightful. It's interesting to hear how your herd is progressing & I have learned a few things as well. I do hope all goes well with the girls deliveries ! Looking forward to viewing some cute babes soon.!
    Thanks for sharing this bit of your life :)

14. BoHoKaren

Thank you Wolf, I too am looking forward - but the wait is driving me crazy... all those udders look VERY promising, tummies are about to pop but the girls are just quietly grazing while I am going grey!!! The look they give me at the 5am checks says "just let us sleep please"!!! :(

Last edited by moderator: May 14, 2015
  15. puppiesnponies

do they normally give birth in the early hours of the day? I know when we had livestock, we would watch carefully but a quick 10 minutes back to the house for a snack, drink or restroom break would sometimes mean a sweet surprise when returning to the barn:)

16. BoHoKaren

Usually in daylight hours for calves to dry but not always, if you know your reindeer they usually give you warning, pacing fence, restless, sometimes tail raised for a day etc., etc... Have a video of yesterday (if I can upload)... they are all very calm, it's just me panicking!!! Please bear in mind all reindeer look awful at this time of year as they moult 5,000 hairs per square inch of hide and antlers too...
    But I may post beyond the babies if others are interested, as those antlers grow sooo quickly. In 8 to 10 weeks they will be huge.. I can see antler growth in June between morning and evening feed! Antlers fully grown in July, velvet stripped August/September, depending on sex and hormone levels... and then the rut in Sept/Oct... and the cutest, cuddliest entire male becomes a killing machine for 8 weeks... It's fun.. Challenging though... you get your cuddles seasonally!!!
    The video might be here... but remember I am a techno numpty... :(

17. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

That's so cute! Pruning the trees for you!

farmlily3, BoHoKaren and IVANCICA30 like this.
  18. puppiesnponies

Thanks for sharing the video! Our horses and cows would also try to get a treat from beyond the fence even being in a big field full of tasty grass:)

IVANCICA30, farmlily3 and labmommy30 like this.
  19. BoHoKaren

Oh pooh, got my event planting to replant at 22:10 pm - thinking easy (for usual schedule)... Am now at 20:54 and am fading rapidly... Forgot my reindeer baby checks I wake at 4:20am and am absolutely -edit- .... Messed this event up BUT hopefully worth it,,, these little reindeer babies MUST be coming soon!!! I am beyond! :(
    A "goofy" of Boris who doesn't want to be left out & showing his new antlers starting to grow- from now on several inches growth a week.. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by moderator: May 8, 2015
  20. BoHoKaren

PnP not necessarily early hours but usually daylight (thankfully) but daylight is 5am till about 20:30.. They usually give me a clue by pacing fence lines but nearly lost my "heart girl" last year with a difficult presentation... lost calf but still have my girl.. she is also in calf again.. so VERY twitchy!!

Last edited by moderator: May 14, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.