New Baby reindeer to my herd

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by BoHoKaren, Feb 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

Hi Karen! Thank you sooooo much for your gor-geeee-ous photo of Pookie (Lexi, too, of course!)!!! That photo should be in a magazine!! :inlove:))<3<3<3
    Pleeease give her so many kitty-hugs from me that she (almost, but not):inlove::inlove: 'falls off her perch'! Lol
    Seriously, that photo is beyond.....just gorgeous! You have caught the morning(?) light perfectly.<3 :)))))

Wonderful news about Lexi and belly watch, too! :inlove:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    joanc123 likes this.
  2. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

Pookie cuddles given;) As an aside she leaves her meals to follows me around fields as I feed the reindeer and she rides back on my shoulder at the end of feed rounds - such a happy kitty.

Now onto other things, not completely reindeer, but thought you may enjoy photo. I had to collect reindeer lichen today and had the honour of meeting 3 week old Monty a Bactrian camel, his mother surprised her owner as he didn't know she had two extra humps in her tummy - and he's huge!
    [​IMG]

3. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

Oh! What a handsome young boy! Love his coloring, too.

Hmmmmm........will Pookie be 'camel riding' in the sometime future??? :D....I can just 'see' her riding between those two humps, pushing one hump for 'forward' and the other for backward'!!xD

Thank you for the lovely description of Pookie's Wonderland Life!:inlove: How happy she is to have 'adopted' You!!xD
    (Way to go, Karen! It 'makes' this Forum just to read your posts.:D)!!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    joanc123 likes this.
  4. BoHoKaren

Oh thank you Lily, such kind comments.. TBH Monty's future is uncertain as if his owner keeps him, then he will have to be castrated, as related to the only two girls. Owners atm are unsure as to whether to find him a new home (but will break their heart) but his value to another herd is great... Hubby had to hold me back from getting out my cheque book... :) Only joking - can't afford the stronger fencing - those Bactrian parents are HUGE!

joanc123, farmlily3 and sanddollar15 like this.
  5. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

Oh my gosh, he's so fuzzy and cute! Not quite as cute as Pippi but close. If the owners can't find a family to take him would he able to find a home in a zoo?

joanc123 and farmlily3 like this.
  6. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Rescue kitties are always grateful and shower their rescuers with love.
    Sadly, I report our own rescue kitty, Gizmo, was killed Thursday night by a car. He was a Maine Coon....and very dear to us! He was like a favorite dog and shadowed my hubby everywhere. He was a great comfort to our family.....we miss him terribly!

Noelle20001, joanc123, baw815 and 4 others like this.
  7. baw815

baw815 Forum General

Brookeham, my condolences on your loss of Gizmo. :cry: :cry: :cry:

joanc123, Brookeham, Willow and 2 others like this.
  8. BoHoKaren

Oh Brooke, I feel so much for you. I worried so much about Pookie coming to live with me as although I have 10 acres for her to roam, I am bordered by main roads. Cat rehoming visited, but Pookie was on their "death row" as so very aggressive, so couldn't be put in a normal home, she had no other option. She never seems to sets a paw outside of our land (or at least I have never seen her anywhere else), but very occasionally she isn't around at a mealtime and I worry and drive around but she is usually found in one of my hedgerows transfixed on a rabbit hole..
    My heart goes out to you.
    I have always wanted a Maine Coon but I don't think breeders would think that the life Pookie leads is what they would look for.. Too many roads and just 6 beds in a haybarn to choose from :(
    That Rainbow bridge will have so many precious beasties waiting for us all. xx Hugs.

joanc123, Brookeham, Willow and 5 others like this.
  9. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

I'm so sorry for your loss, Brooke:cry:They ARE family:inlove:, and it is sooo hard to part with them.:cry::(I remember quite a while ago when you shared a few dear things about Gizmo, and your love for him came through. I Loved his name - it always made me smile.:):inlove: Maine Coons are amazing, big, and beautiful....umm, I mean Handsome.
    I lost my dear Birman cat in 2000, and I miss her still.

My very best to you and your family, Brooke, and may his memories eventually bring you gentle happiness of the life he shared with you.:inlove:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    joanc123, Brookeham and BoHoKaren like this.
  10. lottidah

lottidah Forum Great Master

I'm so sorry Brooke. I would just die if my Maine Coon got run over. She was a rescue and also thinks she a dog.
    Sorry for your loss.

11. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Brooke. I have a Maine Coon x Bengal and would be heartbroken if anything like that happened to him.

12. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

So sorry to hear of your loss Brooke. We never get used to losing family members, but really sad when life is cut short instead of a natural death.

Hugs to you!

13. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Very sorry about the loss of your lovely Maine Coon, Brooke. It is always hard to loose a fur baby, especially in such a tragic way. Blessings to you all.

14. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Thank you all for your kind condolences. It means a lot to me. :inlove:
    Its been a week, and we still can't speak of Gizzy without tears. :sleepy: We are not ready to bring a new member into our family just yet. However, this summer I will begin to look for another Maine Coon.

15. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Brookeham, I am sooo sorry to read about Gizmo. I know how heartbroken you must be, as our fury friends become part of all our family's, and when something happens the loss is great! Maine coons are big, beautiful, sweet, loving cats! I know you will always tear up when you think of Gizmo because he was a loved family member! Hugs to you and I hope you feel better soon!:inlove:

16. BoHoKaren

I think some of you know my Monster Gandalf. He is lovely "outside" of his rut BUT during the rut his hormones go through the roof and he would kill me if in his field and he even stabbed my lovely Katya last year.
    His antlers this year have already grown beyond.

"Yikes, Gandalf's antlers have bifurcated again today, he's now up to 14 points already (Frodo just has 3" sprouts)!
    How big will those antlers be when they finish growing? At nearly 3/4" growth per day and potentially 3 more growing months.... I say again, yikes. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    People Reached
    Engagements
    Boost Post
    21 Comments
    Comment

17. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Wow Karen, he is a big boy!! And those antlers are going to be huge!! I would not want to be anywhere near him during rut!!
    How are the Moms to be doing? When do you guess the 1st baby might show up? Good Luck with this years birthing!

joanc123, Willow and Lilaclady like this.
  18. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

He looks as though he is eyeing you up and thinking "just you wait until my antlers are fully grown!" You will certainly have to be very careful during the rut and also keep Katya safe.

joanc123, sanddollar15 and Willow like this.
  19. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Blessings in advance for a safe time in rutting season. Gandalf is magnificently terrifying with those antlers!o_O

Lilaclady, joanc123 and sanddollar15 like this.
  20. BoHoKaren

First calf last year was 18th April, but that was the very earliest ever. All but one calf last year were born before May, so very imminent. Busy, busy, busy here, getting field shelter wood treated, deep bedding in field shelters trying to burn BUT so much wet straw underneath due to flooding. It gets very busy in the run up to calving but worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.