New Baby reindeer to my herd

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by BoHoKaren, Feb 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

O! M! G! Those antlers are so freaking huge! Are you going to keep them?

joanc123 likes this.
  2. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

They are going to a Bride and groom that have had to put their wedding off 3 times now due to Covid but to be honest I think they may be a little large for their first time home??? Eeek

3. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I hope the couple are artistic and will do something wonderful with them! They are really magnificent antlers!

joanc123 and Lilaclady like this.
  4. Sweet_Cassiopeia

Sweet_Cassiopeia Forum Overlooker

Wow! Gabfest is down to 3 topics. Let's make sure this one doesn't disappear!

Have a good day!

5. BoHoKaren

So sorry folks I have been so lax. Life outside gets a little busy/stressful. I'll post this funny and underneath a second post as to why Boris (and Mischa) had a last minute booking but on that I am ranting so mods please delete if it is too controversial.

Fashion Tips from Boris the reindeer...
    "Red noses are so Last Season" [​IMG];) !!!
    AND I had just prepped him for his special visit today. I had put his Christmas headcollar on, given him a manicure and a groom, then released him to get Mischa primped too. Just about to load them up and Boris decided to rub his nose on an algae covered fence post... I despair but got to love him. He had to attend with his green nose!
    If he does it for his wedding booking - white dress???... I will be selling reindeer burgers the next day. [​IMG];)
    [​IMG]
    And this copied post from their FB page says why we were scrabbling around to make everything perfect in less than 24hours. It doesn't mention special battery operated lights ordered on overnight delivery, that didn't arrive before we left (but hubby ran around house stripping batteries from remotes and alarm clocks as I purchased triple A's and should have been double a's and he drove to delivered to the Hospice) so that we could leave the 5 children at dusk with lights hanging around reindeer, to let them believe that the stars in the sky were the reindeer looking after their mother once she left them in the next few days.

Please mods delete the rest if need be, as I was having an emotional rant
    Sometimes I despair and very very sad..
    PETA are out in force again and Good Morning Britain are wanting reindeer owners to stand in their firing line, on a face to face on TV (a couple of years ago they were attacking Guide dogs, as the dogs hadn't given permission to work), They are now back to attacking reindeer.
    This problem arrives at the same time I have a request from a local hospice to come tomorrow as a mother of 5 children under 8 will be having to say goodbye in the next few days and Christmas needs to happen tomorrow to give those children happy memories. We are dropping everything and trying to think of extra ways to make tomorrow magical for those children.
    How dare PETA question what we do? I have shed tears about what we are faced with tomorrow and now, so angry with PETA.
    The reindeer that we take out, love spreading love - PETA have no clue. [​IMG]:( Angry and sad face!
    [​IMG]

_Zebr_, BlackCaviar, joanc123 and 7 others like this.
  6. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

Big hugs to you Karen! :inlove::D You are doing a very loving thing for those little kids.

PETA can take a long walk off a short dock. >:(

BlackCaviar, joanc123, Willow and 3 others like this.
  7. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

What you did yesterday for those children was wonderful. As for Boris and his green nose. perhaps he thought green would suit his colouring:)

rivak, BlackCaviar, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  8. sanddollar15

Karen, you are a kind and sweet person, and I know that family will remember your reindeer and you with
    happiness in their hearts! You just got to love Boris, I guess "Green IS the new Red!" Good luck and I hope you have a great
    Holiday season this year...fingers crossed!

rivak, BlackCaviar, Lilaclady and 4 others like this.
  9. BoHoKaren

Did I tell you that I have purchased in a new baby bull - Bilbo? As Gandalf will definitely be Dancing in the "Nut Cracker Suite" (sorry a really bad pun) in the Spring, as he has become beyond dangerous in his Rut. He's out of rut now and lovely and cuddly once again. Last rut I said I'd have to castrate him but once he got cuddly again I forgot quite how awful he was, so gave him another year to be "the Daddy" but enough is enough, he will be castrated in the Spring. Other bull Frodo is a dream in comparison, he doesn't charge the fence as I approach, he may display his antlers but never charges.
    Baby Bilbo is gorgeous ( i booked him the day he was born). Not entirely sure he has a strong enough personality and size to impress/boss my older girls so 2023 I may not have many babies but at least my blood pressure will be lower in September & October. :)
    [​IMG]

rivak, Brookeham, BlackCaviar and 4 others like this.
  10. sanddollar15

Congratulations on Bilbo I hope he will make beautiful healthy babies when he and the girls are ready!;) Oh hell yes, it
    is more than time to give Gandalf a visit to the "Nut Cracker Suite!"xDxD Loved your reference !!

11. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Dear Karen, no one looking at your lovely reindeer would ever think they are abused. Sad that some people have very distorted views which lump everyone together. Reminds me of a little boy whose older sister was constantly trying to get him to clean up. Little fellow told his mom that the sister "had dirty eyes". I think that well describes the PETA situation.

Blessings for all you do to make those involved in hospice situations have a happy memory. You will reap an abundant crop for the love you have sown in the lives of others.

Congrats on Bilbo, I'm sure he will blossom in your care and be quite the ladies man in due season!;)

12. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

A warm welcome to Bilbo, I am sure your girls will just love him;)

joanc123 and sanddollar15 like this.
  13. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Congrats on Bilbo!!!!!:inlove:
    Just show PETA the before and after pic's of Frodo. That should clear you for sure of any mistreatment for life.:music:

14. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

ROTFL! What a great pun. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

joanc123, Lilaclady and sanddollar15 like this.
  15. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

I know you are very busy this time of year Karen. Just checking in so this thread doesn't get archived.

Happy Holidays to all!

:music:

16. BoHoKaren

Oh sorry folks... It is rather manic and worrying here.
    Twiglet and Lexi have been entertaining at a Christmas tree farm but I picked them up on Tuesday TG as the Omacrom variant is getting a worry since yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    My home team are still going out but I have a dynamic Risk Assessment in place, so as the risks of Covid increase again in the UK, I keep them are further away from the public as reindeer are at risk of contracting Covid (EAZA - have identified reindeer as high risk of contracting this dreaded virus). I need to keep them safe (as no vaccine for them). It is very scary for me for my reindeer, I am fully vaccinated but they can't be. So as of yesterday the public cannot touch my deer. The public have been brilliant in the last couple of days but my reindeer haven't as I can't explain to them why they can't say hello . Another tricky scary year for us all. Stay safe. xx
    Mischa.. when she isn't allowed to bug her adoring public she becomes a "pain" to me. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  17. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Great pictures, especially the first one. It looks as though Twiglet / Lexi ? is talking to that little girl. Such a beautiful reindeer face :inlove: Stay safe, both you and the reindeer.

joanc123 and sanddollar15 like this.
  18. sanddollar15

Thanks Karen, for the up-date and great pictures! I am glad you are able to do some dates this year BUT keeping your team and reindeer safe is top priority! You are such a good person! Take care!

joanc123, Lilaclady and Brookeham like this.
  19. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Oh Karen...you and Mischa are the cutest pair ever!!!:music: We can definitely see she adores you!:inlove: Stay safe and have a very Merry Christmas!;)

joanc123, Lilaclady and sanddollar15 like this.
  20. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Great photos, thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas to you and the lovely reindeer!:inlove:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.