New Baby reindeer to my herd

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by BoHoKaren, Feb 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

Love the pictures! Do stay safe first and entertain as you can second. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

:inlove:

2. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

Thank you all. We have finally finished our busy Christmas season "except of course our Flight on Christmas Eve ;) ) AND BREATHE!!

No pictures yet from today (as I rarely get time to take them) but I tried yesterday to get Mischa's antler and the Church but I kept getting bottoms, this is the best of the church and antlers. ;)[​IMG]

joanc123, Noelle20001, rivak and 4 others like this.
  3. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Loved it!!! Mischa is a true star!!!! :inlove: One question.....who's photo bombing your picture?:music: too funny! xDxDxD

joanc123 and Lilaclady like this.
  4. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Love the picture of Mischa she is a true beauty :inlove: Is that Luna sticking her nose in?

joanc123 and Brookeham like this.
  5. BoHoKaren

Yes it's Luna photo bombing...
    Did I share Gandalf's antler shed in October?..
    He started his new antler growth "very early" last year, no other UK bulls had started new growth at that stage in Feb.. BUT he has started even earlier, in December this year!! OMG they will be huge. TG I have him scheduled for castration. He will be a loving castrate BUT his antlers will be way too big to transport him. :([​IMG]

Willow, joanc123, Noelle20001 and 4 others like this.
  6. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks Karen, is that your hubby holding those massive antlers? He looks like a good sport standing there so you can get a good picture to share with us! Tell him thanks for us! OMG if Gandalf is starting new ones already it is a good thing he is going to get snipped! They look like beautiful driftwood you might find along the seashore if you were lucky!

BoHoKaren, joanc123 and Lilaclady like this.
  7. BoHoKaren

Yes that's hubby holding Gandalf's antlers. Hope you have all had a lovely Christmas.

TBH mine has been destroyed as I have found pictures of a reindeer I sold, that is in a truly dreadful condition. I have spoken time and time again to owner about worming, faecal counts, vaccinations vit supplements and each time I speak she has forgotten what she should have done.. She always forgot to share photos too - but she has been posting her "Christmas Experience" on FB, so I have been able to track - I am beyond dismayed and asked her to put my reindeer in ICU and remove from all stress but she has continued to use her to earn money. I have been trying desperately to buy her back before she dies. :( and looking at that body condition, it won't be long. :(
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. sanddollar15

Karen those pictures just sicken me, I know how you must feel! I don't understand IF they can't afford to keep, feed and give proper medical care then why won't they consider selling it back to you? I know you said they use it to make money at Christmas BUT a dead animal will not pay the bills! Damn fools, so where is PETA when you need them? Has no one seen how awful that reindeer looks and called them?? I just don't get it!! Fingers crossed something happens soon!

Willow, Lilaclady, Brookeham and 2 others like this.
  9. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

I'm appalled at how awful her reindeer look! o_O:cry: Oh yes, where is PETA???? I hope you get your baby back!!!

10. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I hope you are successful in acquiring your reindeer back. The other reindeer in the photo doesn't look well to me either. If she didn't take care of yours, she likely isn't the 2nd one :( Maybe if negotiations don't go well, you call PETA yourself and start an inquiry so that they can get medical attention before it is too late.

farmlily3, joanc123, Willow and 3 others like this.
  11. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Unfortunately, some people just don't see reality staring them in the face! To me it seems unlikely a case of her "forgetting"; more of a mindset that all you told her is an unrequired expense. I cringe to see your lovely reindeer looking so thin. Blessings on your efforts to get her back!

joanc123, Brookeham and Lilaclady like this.
  12. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

I agree with Willow that the woman probably has not forgotten, she probably does not want the expense of looking after the reindeer properly. Now you can see why she also "forgot" to share photos as well. She should be banned from keeping them, and any other poor animals she may have.

joanc123 and Willow like this.
  13. BoHoKaren

Had a very heated conversation with her today. It appears she would prefer to watch Eli die than sell her back to me and also threatened to come to poison all my reindeer. Wow that tells me all I need to know about her.
    Don't worry her threat is baseless to my herd but a horrible woman.
    EDIT she does have ponies and they appear healthy but ponies don't need as much close attention and expense.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  14. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I don't know the rules/laws where you live, but here I would suggest you call the police and Animal Welfare Officer(Animal Control) and file a complaint so they can launch an investigation and hopefully remove the animals in her care and get them the help they need before it is too late.

15. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I echo what PnP said. A person who prefers death to all else has a screw loose. Does the UK have a group like the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals?

16. BoHoKaren

My wonderful neighbours got married today and we decided to "Gate Crash" their wedding.
    We wish them every happiness in their future together. xx
    [​IMG]

17. sanddollar15

Wow that woman is just plain evil and pnp is right someone must be able to get Eli from her because of animal cruelty!
    How nice for your neighbors to have your wonderful reindeer show up for their special day! They look very happy!

18. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

Phew!! Leave the game for a few weeks and..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......!!!..!

That woman has no business even being around ANY ANIMALS at all! How can she be sooo hard-hearted??!!

I totally agree that she be reported to MULTIPLE Animal Rescue/Cruelty Prevention/PETA/even the Police (if necessary) ASAP, to save the life(s) of those beautiful LIVING animals whom she IS abusing!!

And PnP is right: a picture (or 10!!) says a thousand words!

P.S. She has also threatened to POISON your whole heard!!! This ALONE is a serious threat, and against the Law, at least in the USA.

Your post #6207 is also evidence of her behaviour.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    joanc123 and chocomallow like this.
  19. BoHoKaren

Gandalf is once again well ahead for new antler growth at this time of year. Not only in my herd but I believe in the UK.
    He has broken off his brow tine due to throwing around feed troughs, serves him right.
    He's scheduled to loose 2 stone in February [​IMG]!
    [​IMG]

People reached
    Engagements

Distribution score
    Boost post

farmlily3, joanc123, IpsiDei and 6 others like this.
  20. Lilaclady

Lilaclady Forum Baron

Bless his heart. I hope you haven't told him yet about February;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.