New Baby reindeer to my herd

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by BoHoKaren, Feb 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

This event goes for 7 days! Get some rest!!!

d5aisy, IVANCICA30 and BoHoKaren like this.
  2. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

Just posting to keep me awake to replant... I am going to be scuppered for sleep ,if Katya (first time Mum) rejects her calf as often first time mothers do... Then I will be hand feeding round the clock every two hours... then I'll muller the quests!!! :)

3. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I hope you can get some rest too...even just a 1/2 hour power nap can do wonders. How exciting...new babies on the way!

IVANCICA30, BoHoKaren and labmommy30 like this.
  4. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

When I was a little girl (I grew up on a RL farm), my Dad used to give us big glass bottles of milk with big black nipples on them for feeding baby goats. I used to have so much fun holding on for dear life to those bottles for the greedy baby goats!! Of course I never had around the clock duties. I'll cross my fingers that she takes to the baby and is a doting mother. What do you call baby reindeer?

5. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

I think it's a calf, labmommy. I remember bottle feeding tiddlers when I was younger and will inevitably have to do it again soon.:)

6. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

I'm so excited!! I wish I were there to help! This suburban living is not for me!
    Thanks TCRooster! I was away Googling the answer after I asked the question! :D
    You were right! They're Bulls for the boys, Cows for the girls, and Calves for the babies!!

7. BoHoKaren

With reindeer it's Bulls, Cows and calves .. but as to their pet names.. don't name them for a few days until I know them.. I have a Boris, Mischa, Twiglet, Katya and Ana.... the babies, I will have to get to know them first BUT Havoc, Chaos come to mind!!! ;)

TC have you got Reindeer too?? :)

Me too, shattered but thanks all, kept me awake long enough to replant now off to bed as have to be up for next baby check in 5 1/2 hours.. Good night all, hopefully some good news in the next couple of days.. :)

Last edited by moderator: May 14, 2015
  8. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

I hear you in your videos calling them by name. They are adorable!!! I loved the one sneaking the sack of apples. :D:inlove:

d5aisy and IVANCICA30 like this.
  9. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

I wish, Karen! We have wild deer in the woods next to us. No, my tiddlers are lambs! Proper country girl!

10. BoHoKaren

That's Boris... always doing the feed store raids! :)

d5aisy, Arielh, -poppyseed- and 9 others like this.
  11. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Congrats Karen, glad all is looking well, and a little girl too!

IVANCICA30 and BoHoKaren like this.
  12. IVANCICA30

IVANCICA30 Regular

congratulation on new cute baby :inlove::inlove: she look so sweet and cuddly :D

meba091 likes this.
  13. puppiesnponies

Congratulations! Thank you for the update and photos! She may be a little small but she will grow quickly!

IVANCICA30 likes this.
  14. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

Congrats!!! She is adorable!!!! :inlove::inlove:

IVANCICA30 likes this.
  15. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

Congratulations on the new baby!! She is a beauty :)

IVANCICA30 likes this.
  16. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

BohoKaren after how long horns begin to grow in reindeers?
    (Thank you for posting pictures all are so beautifull:inlove:)

IVANCICA30 likes this.
  17. chookie

chookie Exceptional Talent

So cute! Thanks for sharing, Karen.

IVANCICA30 likes this.
  18. BoHoKaren

So tired, so stressed, so close to finishing task without replanting I donated all to quest..... Reason being I had a second girl calf today and an awful calving... A breech, had little toes poking amongst her tail for two hours ( same last year for this girl) then she just kept browsing the trees... Eventually had to pull calf just before dusk... all I can say for now, he is male, and either black or grey - with a white chin) was still wet when I had to leave him... Was touch and go as dusk approached whether mother would lick/bond or whether I would be sharing my bed and 2 hour feeds with him... Mother licked, so now I have to stay away till dawn... Maybe picture of second calf tomorrow -- if all goes welll... :(

Whoops wrote above last night but didn't hit post... Anyway introducing the second born yesterday - Eric. Not only did he survive, it took ages to get him to start breathing. The first thing he smelt was me which has resulted in a very unusual bond. He is bonded with his mother but also me. If I sit down he is all over me and when I leave his paddock, if he is awake I have to outrun him so that he returns to his mother. Won't be able to do that for too much longer as adult reindeer can reach top speeds of 50MPH!
    Happy Mothers day to all in the USA over here it is in March/April but to me I will be happy to share 365!! :)

[​IMG]

Ariel the antlers will start growing any day now... They grow very quickly!

19. puppiesnponies

Karen,
    Young Eric is adorable! Nothing sweeter than newborns, no matter what they are...Enjoy your day with the new babies. How many more to come? Are you close to be done with labor watches?

20. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

I LOVE that picture of you on the ground with the baby reindeer! He is absolutely adorable!!!! Thank you for sharing the beautiful picture. Sorry to hear about your farmerama mishap. It happens to me sometimes too. Hope you can recover!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.