New Baby reindeer to my herd

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by BoHoKaren, Feb 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

Little Eric (second born yesterday) is unusual for a reindeer calf in his love of people (but his mother is a sweatheart). Little Lotte is taking the "worried" vibes from her mother...
    Only one more to come, to a first time mother... and although I am hoping beyond - first time reindeer mother do not usually have good results... May post but might not be happy news... but sometimes it is good (or at least educational) to have none sugar coated facts??? :(

Hey - not sure I am too worried about my dodgy playing yesterday... also woke up to lettuce overnight planting - no wonder my drops can't finish quest yet!!! My head was scrambled... think I planted lettuce while I donated to see what I'd need to set overnight BUT got VERY distracted!!! Hey ho R/L takes over the brain at times!! I will still finish quest despite being a numpty but for now other animals need attention...................... :)

Last edited by moderator: May 14, 2015
  2. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

How many months is a reindeer pregnant?

IVANCICA30 likes this.
  3. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

What a touching picture of you and Eric, not to mention cute! The delayed breathing must have kept you holding your breath...very glad things turned out well.
    Congratulations on the babes, hears hoping the last one goes well too!
    Thanks again for sharing this experience :)

IVANCICA30 and SillyGuy like this.
  4. BoHoKaren

Very sad news, we have lost baby Eric.
    PnP 1 more to come.

IVANCICA30 likes this.
  5. meba091

meba091 Forum Veteran

Oh I m so sorry to hear. I ve been reading along and last night I went to bed with such nice and funny pictures in my head of you outrunning the little Eric.
    It's so sad you lost him.

d5aisy, IVANCICA30 and penguilnz like this.
  6. trishap58

trishap58 Forum Master

Sorry to hear the sad news

7. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Nice, do you raise them for show or sale?

IVANCICA30 likes this.
  8. CaliChrome

CaliChrome Forum Baron

So sorry for your loss. Eric was a cutie.

Keeping good thoughts for the first time mom. Hope things go smoothly for her.

9. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

So sorry! :(

10. penguilnz

penguilnz Forum Veteran

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    I feel so sorry for your loss...

d5aisy, meba091 and IVANCICA30 like this.
  11. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

So sorry for the loss of baby Eric :( Hoping everything goes well with the next mom.

12. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Karen - I am so sorry for your loss of Eric. It is always so hard to have such sad news. I do hope the next one will be ok, both mom and baby. All of our hearts are with you....I think we all feel like 'expectant' family members pacing the waiting room floor eager for news of the new arrivals. Best wishes to you and the rest of the herd.

13. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Karen, so sorry for the loss of little Eric. Fingers crossed everything goes well for the final arrival.

IVANCICA30, CaliChrome and labmommy30 like this.
  14. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

I am also very upset to hear of your loss of Eric. I can't imagine how tired and sad you are. I am praying for a healthy baby reindeer for you and the new mama.;)

IVANCICA30, CaliChrome and labmommy30 like this.
  15. chookie

chookie Exceptional Talent

So sorry to hear about Eric. I hope things go better with the new mum and her calf.

16. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

Karen, the loss of little Eric is very sad, I am sorry to hear, my condolences.

IVANCICA30 and labmommy30 like this.
  17. BoHoKaren

It's been tough losing Eric, he was such a cutie but the tiny brown female (Lotte) that was born on Saturday morning is still going strong and it was she that I was most worried about.
    A few questions in above posts.. Pregnancy is 7 1/2 months and always the same time of year. The boys go into Rut September/October - a cuddly boy becomes a killing machine for about 6 weeks - eek, another stressful time of year.

I have them for show (only the ones that love people and are scared of nothing) and these run into the trailer as soon as I drop the ramp - they love their outings. I have to drag the ones who are meant to be having a day off out. Twiglet, Lotte's mother doesn't go out - her temperament is such that she doesn't trust anyone but me, so she stays at home.
    Picture of Lotte yesterday. And still waiting for Katya to calf - no sign so far this morning...
    [​IMG]

18. puppiesnponies

What a beautiful baby! She looks so soft and her face is so sweet. I hope everything goes well for Katya and you can get a good night's sleep.

19. BoHoKaren

At first I thought she was just brown and thought the white around muzzle was milk... but she has a few white hairs on nose!! :)
    Not quite Eric's white chin and spotty nose, and a smooch white patch at edge of lips... but a few small characteristics... :)
    Today's photo.. not sure she is growing though!!! :(
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  20. puppiesnponies

Though she may be 'Little Lotte' she is exploring with mom looking on. That is a good sign, right? It has been my experience that babies who are struggling to thrive are not interested in the environment. Of course, I don't know anything about reindeer but I do hope all is well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.