New Font

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by puppiesnponies, Jun 8, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Please consider changing the font back to the way it was. This new way is not an improvement. It is difficult to see, hard on the eyes, and makes me feel like I have to squint. It isn't the size so I don't need to zoom in. It's too light. The time remaining in the bar has a halo effect with white around it making it difficult to see. It is not on both of my farms so it hasn't been applied game wide, but please consider putting it back.

2. DBAYES

DBAYES Count Count

This new font is a struggle and I don't need to wear glasses but borrowed the Hubb's and it was still difficult! Please change it back.

3. FarmerDelight

FarmerDelight Forum Master

I usually am pretty okay with reading any font but I have to agree on this one. The new font is just way to glaring for me. Gives me the headache looking at it for 10 seconds. Consider changing it back please.

4. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

I agree, there is something about that white glow around it that really bothers the eyes.

5. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

6. chookie

chookie Exceptional Talent

Put it back the way it was - it was fine and should never have been changed.

7. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Please change the font back - I thought I had 20/20 vision but this is pushing my eyes to the limit!

8. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

Not only is it not solved, it's been made worse!

9. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

Wow...I thought it was my computer acting up...been trying t fix it:mad: Nice to know the true culprit....thanks for posting everyone;)

10. elimeno

elimeno Forum Overlooker

I have to admit, I didnt know what everyone was talking about, however>>>now I do. The new font appears pixelated. Almost as if we have gone back in technology. There also is a shadow. So I would agree it should be changed especially since it is so difficult on the eyes...but if your goal is to decrease communication and feedback then u are doing a great job and leave it. [​IMG]

sirpippen, Chloe3456 and OzoneRaia like this.
  11. stacymaya

stacymaya Junior Expert

I agree. The new fonts hurt my eyes too. Please change it back.

12. Sweet_Cassiopeia

Sweet_Cassiopeia Forum Overlooker

It does appear that this "font" has something to do with Chrome related browsers as I tried playing on Firefox and there is no pixelation. However, I still use Opera (chrome related) for other sites and do not see any font issues on other sites.

sirpippen, ZebinaZ, JJenks and 2 others like this.
  13. BeingStella

BeingStella Padavan

Here all along I thought I had another eye glass prescription gone bad! Thank goodness I do not need yet another pair of glasses to see! Yes! PLEASE change back the font. It is very uncomfortable to play my game with this font the way it is.

14. AniE

AniE Board Analyst

Don't like the new font

sirpippen and Chloe3456 like this.
  15. ZebinaZ

ZebinaZ Forum Apprentice

sorry, i feel bad for complaining about the new font. like Sweet_Cassiopeia said above, it's true that it's only happened in chrome. i opened my account in firefox n there's no problem with the font, only lagging n sometimes stuck.. :oops:

sirpippen and elimeno like this.
  16. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

Regardless if it is in chrome, firefox etc. Needs to be fixed. I build apps and I have to make sure that each platform looks great and is user friendly for all of my clients so their users are HAPPY!!!

sirpippen, Chloe3456, ZebinaZ and 2 others like this.
  17. BeingStella

BeingStella Padavan

Gosh BigPoint...its really gotten to the point of being so uncomfortable that I am just going to set my fields to all trees and givers and just take a break till you get this font thing figured out. Its way uncomfortable for my eyes which are bad enough with my Diabetes, that I can't take this font offered on my screen and I see no way to correct this. This is bizarre how could you folks do this to this game??? Well I will check daily and see if its fixed, and just go from there. FIX THE FONT PLEASE!!!!!!

18. VickiBirdy

VickiBirdy Forum Apprentice

I am absolutely disappointed that this Font situation even happened in the first place. The moment it was noticed, whatever changes made should have been switched back immediately and whatever progress or improvements to the game prompting this font change should be put on hold until what ever it is regarding the Font is sorted out. To leave your customers with this unreadable font is absolutely unacceptable.

19. elimeno

elimeno Forum Overlooker

I have also noticed, BP, that in the villages--its very difficult to tell if a number is black or red[​IMG]the new font

Last edited by moderator: Jun 26, 2016
    sirpippen likes this.
  20. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

I thought Google Chrome updated and I had this font to the game, I didn't know it is like this for everyone. I agree it very annoying, I want the previous one!

sirpippen and elimeno like this.