Feedback North Pole Adventure

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Dec 19, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

holidaymixdec2023_news.png
    Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "North Pole Adventure" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Active Author

Sewinglady's farm (ID: 52647366) cannot post here because it is a legacy game from BigFish.

Played 17 mini-games. Received star coins 3 times (15 each). All other bonuses for 1st time combo are EP, TEP, toolboxes (and one time 10 farm coins). Absolutely useless. 120 combos - so figuring 45 coins every 17 to 20 games, barely will have enough coins to get the cloud row for that portion of the event. Nothing left to get any of the additional goodies on offer.

BP, you may have finally found the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm very close to done.

Edited to add: I figured it out. Learn from my fail. Read my post in the Strategy Thread for this event. I'm still plenty mad, but at least only one farm has wasted books and it's likely that SL's farm is just having the worst luck ever. There's still 100 combos to go - maybe one of those will yield more than 15 star coins.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  3. asta.neiti

asta.neiti Forum Pro

The game is not equal for everyone because star coins come from randomly played games. Someone can get star coins with all their first games played and someone only after they have played 20 games so the first ones, I don't like it :wuerg::cry::mad:the four items have a huge number of different options for getting star coins, so you have to play a lot...

4. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

A big thank you for giving us such a complicated game at the busiest time of the year. (sarcasm) I have sort of started but have absolutely no idea what I am doing and I don't seem to be the only one. It is a good job we have the players on the Game Strategy to help us, so it is to them that I give my heart felt genuine thanks.

5. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I am enjoying the dynamics of the event, and the fact that we have so long to figure it out. The star coin thing is aggravating. There should be a guaranteed amount of star coins for every round completed, and then random arrangements could reward MORE or not, but there needs to be some surety that if you complete your fifty games, you will have enough at least for the Cloud Row. Better yet, award the cloud row as completion rewards, and let the star coins go for "non essential items". It's not a good thing to give us extra time, if you then expect us to work harder for longer. This is supposed to be a GAME, not a JOB.

6. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

I am not even starting this event. Too complicated. Too much luck involved and at a time of year when time is devoted to friends and family. Agree with -matselleste- This is a game. It should be FUN!

upa70, FarmerDelight, Nordais and 2 others like this.
  7. Floridasolve

Floridasolve Forum Pro

I agree with everyone who has posted already - making us wait for a day to get the books so we can try to get coins - annoying - waiting DAYS for the giver items to be able to put on the cloud row if we want the giver item - annoying - making the game a pain instead of an enjoyment - annoying - something good to say about this event - nothing. the reward should be our choice not a random choice by farmerama - Why give us a game where we may do all the work but may not get the rewards we want anyway? Is there a reason that you continue to NOT give us what we want - which is a fun game that doesn't take forever to play?

8. Growalot

Growalot Old Hand

Seems like the game rules are not being applied to this "waste of space" mini game - **SEE BELOW (number 1) IN BOLD AND UNDERLINED! (as copied directly from the event FAQ)

Is there anything else I should know?

[​IMG]
    Yes! You need to collect Order Books from the special tiles to play the Gift wrapping mini-game. The event has 2 parts -

1) Each Game Played earns Star Coins to spend in the Event Shop.
    2) Each total of Gift combination points earned go towards the Progress bar to earn extra rewards.

Not each game played earns star coins, I'm lucky if I get one game out of three or four that gives me star coins.

False promises.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  9. gardengal

gardengal Exceptional Talent

I wish the special bonus tiles would be ready to collect every 10 to 12 hours instead of once every 24 hours.

I like that we got to grow event crops in all 3 areas: main, baha, and MM.

It's not cool that star coins are not earned for each mini game played especially since the books are hard to come by. And as Growalot said above, the FAQ stated that each game rewarded star coins. But that is not true.

10. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Pros:
    Generous time to grow the crops needed
    Nice mixture of different fields
    Enjoyed the fact the last crop can be both MM field and main
    The mini game is fine

Cons:
    UI is a bit messy, scrolling on left side, rewards on the right in another window, top and bottom
    There is no need to have two doors in main window
    The milling was just added steps for no reason, not even monetary reasons.
    Books recharges every 24h, should have been 22 or at the very least 23h.
    Struggled to find the starting point on the trail, I always do. Make them blink, arrows pointing, something
    One Cloudrow and two givers behind star coin wall, with rare to get coins.

EDIT: After playing over 70 mini games, going for unique combos, I have noticed that the new combo rewards doesn't always trigger. First I did think it was me that forgot to cross off my list, or my list had duplicates. But at least twice it's not my fault. So bugs in there.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  11. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I have enjoyed doing this event and managed it on only one field for the first three parts, using the two fields for the last part. I finished it a few days ago so just collecting from the special tiles now. :)

I also felt that the extra click to get to the appropriate field was not necessary - just tapping the right door would have been enough.:sleepy:
    I also didn't notice straight away how to get to the upper part of the event play-field but once realised, not a problem. :music:

My only gripe is that there are not enough combinations giving Star Coins or adequate Star Coins. After buying the CR and necessary items, there will be barely enough Star Coins for anything decent - for the example, the Piccolo Box. I still need about 150 for that with three days to go. :(

Having said that, I feel it was a nice, relaxed event for anyone who wanted something going on during the seasonal period without the necessity to be continually at the computer. :inlove:

tlcsquared and Nordais like this.
  12. tlcsquared

tlcsquared Padavan

I enjoyed this event for the most part.

Things I liked: we could grow the last crop on the main farm and Moonlight fields, requirements were not too high.

My biggest gripe comes from Santa's workshop. Since it takes 24 hours to be able to collect order books, it would be nice if it didn't cost 2 books to play one game especially when there is no guarantee that each game would reward star coins needed to trade for the cloud row and other prizes needed for the row. It made the game less fun for me because I was concerned about earning enough star coins and tended to replay combinations I knew would earn me the most.

Sweet_Cassiopeia and Nordais like this.
  13. idkidk10

idkidk10 Forum Apprentice

this game was too complicated. i really like when games are straight forward and dont require so much effort or lift. I play for fun and relaxation, i think the games should be a cool, fun and easier opportunity to score some really awesome prizes. i didnt think the prizes were that good either. my favorite is the season rewards games bc they're easy to get rewards on and don't interrupt what im doing on my fields anyway.

14. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

I like the way Moraine presented things (thank you Moraine and Happy New Year):

Pros:
    enough time to grow all the event crops on the differents fields with time to spare
    bonus prizes (coloured/breeding animals and wonder trees/stalls) or huge amount of star coins
    mini-game is fun when you can see which combinations you've already played (thank you for that new screen/tab)
    more that enough drops to go all around

Cons:
    EP/TEP/CCs as bonus/base gifts (is BP aware of the inflation in all 3 areas of the game?? 15000 CCs, really???!!!)
    stupidly aweful Christmas givers from past editions as bonus prizes :wuerg:
    no star coins at all for all the efforts that was made ripping fields apart, growing a mixture of event crops on multiple fields, milling, etc...
    no star coins to even get a single item in the SC shop beside the givers and cloud row (why show us SO many goodies that we can't get some of??!!)>:(:mad:
    cooldown time of 24h to recharge book dispensers (after 24h they should book automatically and restart)
    using 2 books to play 1 mini-game, give us 1 at a time, not 2
    Intertwine parts and convolute them together so that players have to finish everything to get the 3 event cloud rows
    UI that doesn't make sense, why do we always have to click on arrows to move up??!!!
    FAQ weren't clear enough as to how we could chose with which event crop we wanted to start
    using a baha crop like ginger who's quite far down the line, blocking part 2 for new players AND surprising them right in the middle of the event, not letting them go farther and blocking 2 out of the 3 cloud rows (less book disensers = less mini-games player = no SC)

The event was a repeat of previous years, the mechanics I get. I don't mind going back and forth, especially with all the help we can get in the walkthrough section (thank you every one for pushing others in the right direction :inlove:). I didn't expect to get all the star coins needed to get everything in the shop, I understand the concept of assuming my choices, but with 2 days left and having played about 60 mini-games (half the possible combos) I still don't have enough SC to even get that lovely yellow wendigo upgrade! I'll play the last 12 mini-games (there's just a bit over 48h left to the event, so 6 mini-games x 2 days) and see if I can at least get that with SC.

To end on a positive note: I'm utterly satisfied with all the goodies and cloud rows we got from the Advent Calendar, Jan 1st gifts and 2 bonus codes. Happy New Year everyone!

15. Sweet_Cassiopeia

Sweet_Cassiopeia Forum Overlooker

I really dislike the mechanics of this event. Too complicated, too costly, too much luck and too little reward for all the effort.

I didn't grow any crops for this event. I did however donate things to get one of the book generators open. That enabled me to play a few of the mini games. I dislike that there appeared to be no way to change what toy you were donating before you clicked to send your choices down the conveyor belt. One miscue and you were stuck.

tlcsquared and Noelle20001 like this.
  16. RebaFC

RebaFC Junior Expert

Nice enough event with good rewards for little effort.

I few nits to pick:
    • There's no point in requiring two books for the mini-game and the generators giving two or four books. Just divide the numbers by two.
    • The scrolling mechanism is not natural. It should include click and drag.
    • The recharge time on the givers of 24 hours is hard to keep up with. Twenty-three hours would have been much better.

-Päärynä11 and Nordais like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.