Oceanic Stable Stories

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by *WisdomTree*, Aug 17, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *WisdomTree*

*WisdomTree* Exceptional Talent

18th of August 2021 - 24th of August 2021
    Difficulty: Medium - Hard

FAQ

Hmm... 4 different crops and barn items....

I don't like the mess so go with those two crops

Kelp
    Time:
    10 hours
    Plantable on the Bahamarama Plantation only!

Water Chestnut
    Time:
    10 hours
    Plantable on the Main field only!

Needed
    Octopus - 3668 x Water Chestnuts
    Lobster - 4585 x Water Chestnuts
    Total 8253 x Water Chestnuts

Dolphin - 4295 x Kelp
    Tortoise - 3436 x Kelp
    Total 7731 x Kelp

and barn items

Feed the octopus with goat's milk and eggs
    3rd options for Dolphin and Lobster.
    Rhubarb and foxtail millets for tortoise :music: :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  2. Flower

Flower Advanced

Thanks very much for the math, *Wisdom Tree* :)
    I always check my own math here ;)
    4 plants are really "a mess" but at least we will not have to worry about drops. :sleepy:

Good event everybody!

3. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I'm in on the usual 3 farms.

I'm going to be flexible on everything at this point as different farms have different items in the barn.

No drops is a big plus - no need for moving Howies around.

imalattanhalka, Mooboy, Sue46 and 5 others like this.
  4. RebaFC

RebaFC Junior Expert

If I calculated correctly, donating the third/favorite crop results in the smallest total event crop growing time.
    Doing that, the requirements for the cloud row are
    Bald Cypress 5180
    Water Chestnut 3460
    Water Hyacinth 4840
    Kelp 3240

5. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

Gooseberries
    Everything needs gooseberries; everywhere in this game
    Things that I knew, will never be the same
    Can I have two fields just growing this stuff?
    For a while I had Three! It wasn't enough!
    :wuerg:
    Geckos need 20, and roadrunners 18
    Scorpions need 20, and they're really mean!
    Rationing scorpions is fraught with disaster
    Like fire, they make an unpleasant master...
    :oops:
    And now this event wants a thousand donated
    The demand is increasing, totally unabated
    The market price is twelve thousand or so
    Oh how I wish I had the foresight to know...
    :cry:
    I'm growing them on windowsills and under the bed
    I think there's a gooseberry rolling around in my head!
    I've measured I can get an extra 72 square feet
    By parking my car way out on the street!
    xD
    Real picking of gooseberries, they have nasty wee prickles
    Thank heavens it's virtual, imagine it tickles!
    Oh, well, I just have to get on with it...
    My farm always seems to be in-the-
    manure!
    :p

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  6. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Active Author

BEST POEM EVER!, Davidb1yth007!!!!

7. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Hilarious! Thanks for the giggles David! xDxDxD

Thanks *WisdomTree* for doing the sums. I'm in and will probably follow the two crops strategy! Makes sense, may switch later but for starters, I'm going with the 10 hour crops. :p
    Yay! No drops! No milling! :D
    Good luck all! ;)

8. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

It's good that there are no drops, good luck to everyone.

9. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I wish that I could "like" David's poem post a million times over.

I hate that now I've become "gooseberry obsessed". They weren't even on my radar! Now, pfffft.

Once again I see that the baskets are outrageously priced...likely doing this event without spending any money. I plan to plant both crops on the fields first time out on 2x2s with green goo and propellers. After that, we'll see.

10. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Board Analyst

NICE poet ! ;)

I´m Finnish and not good in English and I think "gooseberry is fruit because I have only 3000++" and not even find it in the barn... then use mouseover...4h plant ! What ! And now me too - gooseberries with water and manure in "backyard", MG is scorpions all-over... feelings are guite same than You! Life IS !;):p:wuerg::(

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  11. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

4 crops, 2 fields really is a mess. It never occurred to me to just pick 2. Don't know how I am going to fair on this one. I didn't finish the last one either. I am just so busy at the moment I am barely getting online. I've missed 2 days according to the daily gifts. eek.
    Thank you everyone for your input here, and especially to David for the poem. I thought wth when I saw, yet again, gooseberries are needed. Someone's sick idea of a joke LOL

12. illy1996

I may do the Octopus and Tortoise first, then the other two. That way I am only growing two crops at a time and "might" not get confused ... that's not a certainty though. :music:
    I give the need for all these gooseberries a rather larger rasthpberry! :p

13. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

First comes first - David you poem had me laughing and smiling. xD Little did the gooseberries know that they will get such a wonderful poem. What a inspiration they must have been to you for you to give us such a wonderful poem. That tooo..on gooseberries... xDxD;)

Well, I am growing short term crops during the day time and long term crops during the night time. That's my strategy. And I am donating which ever covers three stripes/ that is last one out of the three. I know I will get struck now and then. But I will wait and grow and deposit. Nearing the end, I will see which crop leftover is more and deposit it. That's all. My only wish is that those 2 'water' event crops might have been of same duration time. But one is 5hrs other is 10 hrs. So I need to remeber the second part of that crop to find out the crop name. A lot of work that is. :p So I have gone 5hrs crops and 10hrs crops. 5hrs for mornings & 10hrs for nights. That's the formula.xD:p

I like marketing in this event (much better than growing event crops) - Gooseberries (I have 70,000 of them. Got them for scorpion breeding. They are lying waste in my barn. So out they go into the market) & Paint Palettes (I am producing and selling them along with other products). Started their marketing.

@broke, What are you doing ?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  14. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

If I know farmer_broke, he's lying under his big shade tree, chewing on a wheat stalk musing about the price of gooseberries on the market and laughing all the way to the CC bank.

One of my farms got off to a late start yesterday - I had real life things that came first, so had to cut the farming short.

It's RAINING! Really, here in Montana - we got more rain in just over 24 hours than we've had in THREE MONTHS! Hoping it helps put out some of the fires burning all around us. For me, it means no farmer's market this Saturday. No one wants a soggy apron. And I don't want or need pneumonia.

Back to the topic at hand: So far, so good. I've been alternating between long and short timed event crops. Had a little SG and SSG built up and sewinglady's farm got a 100% wheel bonus, so went great guns yesterday and managed to squeak in one last harvest before the bonus ran out this morning, so Level 9 on all the animals on that farm. This farm is the tail-pigged farm as far as the wheel is concerned, so I used a 100% diamond level bonus yesterday - didn't get me extra crops, but felt good harvesting 4 scorpions at a time.

Is everyone all done with the season? Managed to get the level 39 giver yesterday on this farm and PM23's, so have to put those out to reap whatever rewards it gives starting when the season ends. Don't even remember what it is. I've slept since then.

15. 12ss12

Hi dumbunny, I finished the seasons, that is finished level 39. Not doing the last one. I have put out that giver. I checked what it gives. But forgot what it is. Can't remember. It takes effect from tomorrow according to my time / 19 hrs more for the Giver to take effect. So put it out today.

imalattanhalka and Mooboy like this.
  16. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Found it! It's a power feed and +1 from workshops for 1 hour. Plunked mine down this morning...so I'm ready to go.

17. illy1996

Octopus and Tortoise done and now starting on the other two. Got lucky and won +100% Harvest on the Wheel so threw SG and SSG at those crops to speed things up. Need to get back to two harvests of Yellow Peas and one of Gooseberries a day! Just like groundhog day! xDxDxD

Edit: CAC ran out so decided to use a +200 Harvest bonus (Diamond Slot!) to finish this event quicker - like in two harvests! :inlove:
    I can also finish the last Yellow Peas for Secret Heroes and start another FSQ! Phew! :music:
    Oh, and nearly forgot, it will give my Gooseberry stock a bit of a boost too! :wuerg:
    Wish you all luck with that Wheel! ;)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  18. 12ss12

Finished. Did some marketing too. Fairly an unstressful event. So happy.

19. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

[​IMG]
    Be quiet, you'll wake the forum :)
    Status of the forum for a few days:
    [​IMG]

I finished the activity yesterday morning. It was a simple and not that fun activity. Better than nothing :) (I don't like events that don't give Piccolo Chests as a gift.:D )

20. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Thank you for my first laugh of the day, imalattanhalka!

I am all done...all 3 farms have their CRs up and running...gleaned what I could and I'm back to growing gooseberries. Actually, not on this farm or on SL's - the baby farms are growing gooseberries for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.