Feedback Octo-tastic Daycare

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Jul 6, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

layerjul2021_news.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Octo-tastic Daycare" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. upa70

upa70 Forum Expert

Rewards: +1 extra revenue for animals (main/tropical/fullmoon) for 10 hours, 10% reduced growing time when using Suzy's turbo-mulch for 10 hours, 5% increased chance on drops when harvesting tropical fields for 10 hours
    Cooldown Time: 333 hours
    xDxDxD........333 hours..2 weeks!-.--.--.-
    who is going to remember to load up their farms with pens every 2 weeks to take advantage of that cloud reward?? chances are there will be an event running that requires crops, so you will have to choose...crops for the event or pens to reap the reward of the CR reward........ cant imagine they would think of using the event field for the event!
    don't think this is going to inspire me to attempt this event....2 weeks for some naff reward.
    :(

3. Tarsis63

Tarsis63 Forum Apprentice

Fortunately the CR is so bad that it doesn’t need to be emptied Chrystal Falls. xD

4. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I really detest these events with the mechanic "choose a side, and if you choose the wrong one you have no recourse" and the combination with having to mill the first five seeds - it's just unnecessary busy work and very offputting. I was looking forward to another event on Baha, but between the way it's set up, and the laughable cloud row... I'm doing a halfhearted attempt. On the positive side, the graphics, as usual, are precious.

I'm amending my original statement after some thought. I think that most of us, if the cloud row offered one of those "stable bonuses" every two weeks, would look at it very differently. It's the idea of having to be able to plan out when we're going to put out stables, to time it with the cloud row, that makes us all think "ugh". A bonus, every two weeks, that I could decide when to use - now that would make me perk right up. Same prize, very different application.

I am editing my own post one more time. I decided to pursue this with a very lazy attitude. I did no SG or SSG other than the first five seeds, or additional bonuses, for the first time in a very, very long time. I only intended to even try for the first half. But that went so easily, and then there was 1PF day, so I did some breeding, and wound up finishing the whole thing with time to spare. Having the two sides of the event use different mechanisms (ie, crops for one and breeding for the other) made all the difference in the world. I would completely support more events with this idea of two ways to the same goal, plus extra prizes for doing more, when each individual method is quite do-able. I still think the cloud row is a bit of a nuisance - how can we plan around having out enough stables to make this awesome, when almost all of our fields are often involved in events? Oh... I know... use the EVENT field for EVENTS!!! This would make 90% of the gripes go away, which would make for happier players, which would make us SPEND MORE MONEY!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    sanddollar15, Willow and upa70 like this.
  5. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

I think the usefulness of this CR depends very much on your playstyle. This is a very valuable CR for farmers who enjoy playing strategically, maybe not so much for the rest.

+1 animal, 10% increased efficiency for STM, and a 5% increase in drop chance for 10 hours every 2 weeks - these numbers don't seem all that impressive on their own. But when used in conjunction with all the other buffs available in this game, they can become extremely powerful. I guess that's why hardcore players are gushing about the possibilities with this CR whereas casual players are turning up their noses and walking away in disgust.

Oh well, their loss. Personally, I think this is one of the best CRs we've had in a while and I worry that those who don't recognize its value now will end up paying the price for their lack of foresight later. That's usually the way it goes with these things.

6. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

There is many things in game, which turned valuable later. What did I know getting CAC recipe as event reward, which I couldn't even manufacture at the time or Chestnut cloud row, they were just rewards among other rewards :D

7. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

This is a better version of this type of quest as it was actually doable. Not a fan of making us tear up the Crystal Falls however. Why do you guys have to get all fancy on the field requirements when there is a field especially dedicated to events??? IF you're not going to use the event field, then just use normal fields that people usually plant crops on. Sheesh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.