Octo-tastic Monstercare

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Nordais, Feb 28, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

This is a straightforward "grow and throw" kinda of Moonlight Mania event.

The cloud row is a great one:

Octo-tastic Monstercare Magic Stalk Row
    [​IMG]
    Gives: +2 extra revenue when harvesting Midnight Oaks for 6 hours, +2 extra revenue when harvesting Terror Eggplants for 6 hours, +1 extra revenue when harvesting Mothling Lairs for 6 hours, 200% extra EP when harvesting deco items on fullmoon playfields for 6 hours
    Cooldown time: 36 hours
    Requires Magic Mini Duel and Tumble Cat plus any one 1x2 deco item and any one 2x2 deco item

There's 12 steps in the event, to get the cloud row players need to reach step 10 and there's no milling to do!

Event crop: Voodoo Flower 5h30 on Full Moon Field only

Event drop: Baby Rattle from crops & trees on Full Moon field only

To get the cloud row (step 10 out of 12)To get the Piccolo Box (all 12 steps)
    10415 Voodoo Flowers10935 Voodoo Flower
    605 Baby Rattles635 Baby Rattles
    Rewards:
    1 Midnight Oak MM tree
    1 Magic Mini Duel (+) charged giver
    1 Tumble Cat giver

Rewards:
    1 Midnight Oak MM Tree
    1 Magic Mini Duel (+) charged giver
    1 Magic Mini Duel giver
    1 Tumble Cat giver
    1 Tumble Cat (+) charged giver
    1 Piccolo Wonder Box
    There's two sets of givers needed for the cloud row that are offered: one set is charged with 5 charges per giver, the other set is not. The Tumble Cat (+) charged giver will hand out 6 Necronomicon and The Magic Mini Duel (+) charged giver will hand out Vampire Lilies, the new MM crop:

Vampire Lily
    [​IMG]
    Time: 10 hours
    EP (2x2): 60 EP
    Category: Fullmoon
    Level: 3

Each player will be booked the usual 10 seeds at start of update.

The steps are pretty steep between donations for just one event field, so patience will be required. On the plus side, this means that MM will be opened for the entire event!

Good luck everyone!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  2. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks Northy, as usual job well done! I will do this event as MM is a favorite of mine! Good luck everyone!

3. Flower

Flower Advanced

Thank you, Northy, for the numbers and I agree that just one field for so many crops and drops is challenging but I'll give it a try: the cloud row is a very good one.

Good luck everybody!

4. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Cloud row will be a boon when MM is open. I almost always leave terror eggplant in the fields at the end for the next time, so the thing will be to time activating this CR to coincide with first reaping of MM fields.

You know I'm in on all 3 farms. Ugh.

And while the prizes at stages 11 and 12 are nice, they aren't necessary (and they also don't require a whole lot more goodies), one could just stop at the CR at stage 10. You know my farms won't, but, one "could".

5. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

I'm in.

The CR isn't really that useful for me as timing it to MM is pretty close to impossible. I never time anything. Still there are time the moon and the cloud will align so go go go!

Flower, farmerumf, spotsbox and 8 others like this.
  6. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Forum Baron

Thanks, Northy! Love MM and I will be doing this. Good luck to all :)

Nala777, Flower, BellaMary69 and 4 others like this.
  7. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks Nordais for doing the hard work for us again! ;)
    I'm in, what's not to like? :D

Nala777, Flower, Jarrow and 6 others like this.
  8. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Board Analyst

New plants and Piccolo, no nothing other special for me, I think... But if some luck on Party wheel, this is "easily doable" about 2000 plants per day, its only 4 times per 24h ((172x3)x4) = 2064 plants "more"...

Nala777, Flower, Jarrow and 4 others like this.
  9. gardengal

gardengal Exceptional Talent

Good luck to everyone. May we get lucky on the wheel. No luck for me yet but hoping to at least one day of this event.
    :)

10. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I generally harvest cloud rows with the harvester. So on PM23's farm all her cloud rows are marked (the green flag is checked) and I just have to click that section and then click the harvester and all done. EXCEPT FOR 2 rows. Those aren't marked. They are plant buff rows that I only activate when that farm will use them. If PM23's farm succeeds in getting this CR, she'll have 3 that are unchecked. This one will join the other two, only it's an "other" buff CR so I'll move it to the first page of that section. If you move this new CR to the top spot in the "other" section, too, (it'll mean a lot of 'poking' the "up" arrow), you'll see it right away if you also do this - and that will help you, whether or not you use the harvester function for cloud rows.

Okay, I've had my first cuppa...here we go!

PS: first wheel spin of the day (On any farm), and it's this one and I got the new giver! Did I just use up all my luck?

11. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Forum Baron

How is everyone doing w/drops? I'm thinking of planting new quest crop (10hr) overnight as the event crop isn't yielding many rattles. (24 last harvest of full field 1x1; 30 just now)

Dumbunny, thanks for the tip about the CR. I haven't mastered using it efficiently and your strategy is very helpful!

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    Nala777, Flower, Jarrow and 5 others like this.
  12. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

With a last harvest before going to bed my baby farm has 141 Baby Rattle, roughly ¼ of the needed drops, so I'm pretty sure that drops won't cause problems. My main farm has 250 or so, not the limiting thing for the event. I don't like the fact that the new MM crop is 10h long... :wuerg:

Nala777, Flower, Jarrow and 3 others like this.
  13. asta.neiti

asta.neiti Forum Pro

What is the best plant to grow to get the best Baby rattles ?

Nala777, BellaMary69 and Nordais like this.
  14. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Good tips for players there Dumbunny, I used to do it like that before. Then I realized I never harvested those 3? 2? rows I wanted to use when I grew flowers and grains.

I grew overnight crops to help with the drop situation. I think that is the only way for me to have enough drops. Also, I had hoped to get this event over and done in a hurry, so I can work on other spooky quests. I'm 5 drops short of the 5th step. That's how I feel the drops are, one harvest behind the crops.

15. Nordais

Nordais Forum Baron

You should work on getting enough event crops first, then work on the drops. Usually the closer we get to the end of the event, more event drops come from the event plant. After that there's nothing much that affects event drops in Moonlight Mania but time. The new Vampire Lily overnight would do a decent job, that and the terror eggplant.

After playing a full 24h, my baby (level 131) farm has 197 Baby Rattles and my main farm 331. The only difference between both are the 2 crop & animal trophies in the rune of the Tree of Wisdom and the Howie rune. With 197 drops in my baby farm, I'm sure to have enough drops in about 2½ more days. Long before I'm finished with harvesting event crops.

16. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

My drops are keeping pace with the crops. I completed level 5 this morning and since level 6 requires an amount of crops that will take more than a couple of harvests, I think I will be fine. If I had won a harvest boost on the wheel or used one from inventory, I would be waiting on drops, but I'm just using CAC so I'm plugging along :)

I do think there is time enough in the event that if you need to adjust strategy for drops, you can. I grew event crops overnight and will continue to do so as long as drops are not a problem.

I grew the new MM crop on Mushroom Forest and have been able to finish the new quest :)

For the rest of MM, I will be focusing on milling feeds and replacing those ingredients.

17. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

My drops are also keeping up with crops. I just planted the full field of event crop and now have 5,896 event crop in the barn, and I have 406 drops, so between my harvesting and my neighbors I am in great shape! I don't think for me drops will be an issue. I have had NO luck on the wheels not even getting the new Latte Artist giver lol

18. anki74

anki74 Someday Author

5320 crops (in 25 hours for me), so "just in timetable" :)
    Not even thinking drops before get 12000 crops, then thinking if needed to 12h plant and water+manure, or not needed...

19. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Terror eggplant at 12 hours is the longest timed MM crop. You also need a boatload of it if you have Edelweiss Valley opened (for the humus). So grow that overnight if you are short drops.

SL's farm is the farthest along of my farms. Now at step 9. Nearly done growing crops (got lucky with a 100% wheel bonus yesterday, plus used a 200% overall farm bonus in diamond slot, so got up in the night to harvest everything). Anyway, at step 9, you need 250 drops, That farm has 65. Will be fine after harvesting next round of event crops and trees with mulch in about an hour.

Sure wish we could put Howies on MM fields.

Nala777, Flower, Jarrow and 2 others like this.
  20. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Event and FSQ both finished - used a lot of yellow and green goo, a 100% plant bonus and won a 100% bonus on the Wheel! :D
    Back to growing the crops needed for those spooky critters. :music:
    Good luck everyone! :inlove:

Nala777, Jarrow, sanddollar15 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.