Pet harvester and best activation order for pets with EP buffs

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by -Mir85-, Sep 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

xristos-ale3andros likes this.
  2. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

xristos and Mir,

Thanks for having brought this up, devised a hierarchy and tested it.

Although I almost never need to use the pet harvester and generally prefer to harvest pets manually for many different reasons (where they are, timing, buff durations, timely availability, kind -and location- of stuff to be harvested), once in a while -mainly when I'm running short of time fast and buffs are expiring-, maybe once a month, I do use it. But xristos' tests make me think I may use it more often if I rebuild the Pet Park following the hierarchy Mir has devised and moving some pets there. I know I'll go on doing it manually at least partially because of the reasons I mentioned above. But even in those cases the hierarchy should anyway work and I could save time before buffs expire.

(By the way, I performed the switching test last night and "seemed" to me loss was not offset. But most probably it seemed so to me because the actual difference is really tiny for a single pet though for sure it's not for many of them).

3. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Thank you all for your testing and sharing the results :)

I've got a terrible headache today and want to confirm (just cannot think and sort things in my mind) that we should delete pets and replace vs just move them into the correct spot?

4. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

pnp, yes that is correct :) Hope your headache goes away or at least lessens soon.

Aluntino, switching the order of those two particular pets will only give +/-800 EP, so yeah that doesn't make a big difference.

5. puppiesnponies

Thank you very much Mir :)

What about the wooden house? Should it remain on Haunted Manor or Ok in Pet field? If pet, where in the harvest order does it go? It provides for more EP on MM fields.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    xristos-ale3andros and -Mir85- like this.
  6. -Mir85-

That's up to you, what you want. If you have space for it, the pet playground is a good place to put it. Many of the recent cloud rows give more EP on main fields, but not on moonlight fields. So it will probably give more EP on the playground.

In the harvest order it should come after all the pets with EP buffs.

7. puppiesnponies

Thanks Mir!

So far my pets are still scattered as the pet playground doesn't have enough room to accommodate them all but I would love to move them all there eventually...saves me time of having to visit multiple fields and many clicks from harvesting manually. Absolutely love this new feature!:inlove: Thank you so much for helping maximize the EP. My pets work hard and I want to scoop up all the benefits they provide :)

8. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Today I read the entire thread properly (the "manual harvest" scared me away the first time), it's great :D
    I even took a good through tidying up on the deco fields optimizing for mainalnd EP and put less good EP givers in Bahama. Great Thread! Thank you all that contributed :inlove::inlove:

9. NoLongerServe

NoLongerServe Advanced

OMG OMG ! unbelievable ! how come your guy got so much pets? by what? tell me plz:(

10. -Mir85-

I have played this game for almost 5 years. During that time I have won some pets in events and such, but I have also bought a few with BBs and RL money.

11. NoLongerServe

NoLongerServe Advanced

not everyone play 5 years long , right?:eek:

12. I treat it as a normal EP giver... mostly since it does not increase farm %EP, so if space in the Pet Field is also an issue the Haunted Manor is it's natural place. (To be honest I am more intrigued by the crate than the EP)
    Seven years, near to eight and as for the pets, the same as -Mir85-:).

13. -Mir85-

Right.

14. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

I think I've played around 5 years, maybe more. I forget how to tell how long you've been playing, anyone know?
    I recognise a fair few of the people on the forum as already having been here when I started.

While of course there are newer players starting all the time, this isn't a game where you can expect to see quick results. I think it was about a year until I was able to complete most of the events going, it was 2 or 3 years before I got to be a mentor even though I applied as soon as possible, and I still have a lot of uncompleted goals. Which is good! I'd be bored if I got everything done, and the game team keep adding more stuff to do.

15. -Mir85-

If you have the "Birthday Bonanza" item it will tell you the year you started. To get a date I don't know any other way than to write to support and ask nicely (or maybe the mods can check too, not sure).

I think newer players have a sticker with the starting date in their sticker album, but that's only for those who started playing after the new album was introduced.

Shimmer likes this.
  16. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

You get a sticker for finishing the tutorial. if you logged into the forum relative quickly that's an indicator as well (newer player, the new forum) Even for those not playing for a lot of years (I was sure you'd played form more than 5 years Mir :eek: ) this thread is useful.

*It provides an easy strategy for maximizing the pets
    * Newer players will during their game play have the option to gain pets, both old/new - bought/free.

I have bough pets through the farm coin shop, through Renzo, won a couple and I bought a couple (Honey dropping bunny). There's plenty of pets I don't have. Doesn't matter, the strategy works anyway.

As far as FAQ goes I think these are the pets that has been released throughout the game, Have I missed anyone?
    PetLandEffectEPDurationNo placed
    CrowPet+5% EP15 min1
    DragonPet+20% EP20 min2
    Night-Mare TowerPet+20% EP20 min3
    OwlPet+ 10% EP10 min4
    Lights OutPet+30%8505
    Brick housePet+100%40006
    Albino Vampire CavePet+20% EP100020min7
    Anti-Doomsday MachinePet+30%16008
    WoodpeckerPet+15% EP10020 min9
    Rainbow magicPet+25%180010
    Viking LonghousePet+50% EP40002h 30min11
    Nostalgica FilmPet+25%240112
    Kiten CaboodlePet+40%420013
    Volcano BungalowPet+10% EP20001h14
    Ladybug LodgePet+100EP + 1 Star175008h15
    Pug the ManagerPet+40% EP78003h16
    Flying SquirrelPet+30% EP Event crop25020 min17
    Kitty CribPet+20% EP event Crop1200015 min18
    Blue Lagoon PetPet1 Party Spin15000Last
    Butterfly CocoonPet3 pheromones +300% Breeding EP14021hLast
    Monkey King DojoPet300(TEP)Last
    PigeonPet1SG300Last
    Pinata DenNot Pet1 Crate of farmwheel2501Last
    Pirate ParrotPet+10% faster trees3002hLast
    Propeller RabbitPet1 Honey300Last
    Snailien LaunchpadPet+5% on PF10006hLast
    Toucan BungalowCrystal Falls1SG +20% TEP +700 TEP700 (TEP)1hLast
    Neon BearPet+5% Faster Bear Stals40001hLast
    Neon CatPet+5% Faster Cat Stals40001hLast
    Neon MousePet+5% Faster Mouse Stals4000Last
    Tunnel of LovePet+10 EP from animal housing50030minLast

17. -Mir85-

Well I have actually played longer :p This farm will be 5 years on the 1st of November, but I had another farm that I played for almost a year before starting this one.

FarmerMolly22 likes this.
  18. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

I have the Birthday Bonanza 2013. Does that mean I joined in 2013 or did I join in 2012 and get the birthday bonanza item a year later?

Also, I'm impressed by all these pet calculations but I have to admit that I harvest mine all at once. One important thing I have to manage is the amount of time and effort I spend on this game, and a few thousand EP isn't worth the extra effort any more.

19. -Mir85-

It means you started playing in 2013. The giver was given out in 2016, when everyone* got an item with the year their farm was started, here is the FAQ.

*Only 2015 and earlier

20. All the effort was made so that we can harvest the pets at once, but also maintain the maximum EP output.
    The few thousand, and more than a few thousand, additional EPs are acquired while using the pet harvester.

-Mir85- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.