Piece-of-Cake Strategy

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Jan 25, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

broke, I feel like such poor white farmer compared to you :p

2. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Advice to newbies and mid term players: Do no part of this event.

The event does not give free stars which are needed to unlock runes and save one effort and benefit earlier. You will pay a price to do it. The price is far cheaper now than when a farm has something. I think I saw a total of 15 stars available. To make an effort to get them one should consider the cost of those stars. There are cheaper stars in the FSQs for some but maybe not all.

The event require use of resources which may be sold to acquire cheap stars, cheap ep, and progress.

Cloud row availability is as often as events now.

The strategy I recommend is to try and do nothing but build a solid farm infrastructure.

Each to their own, priority to those of any level: enjoyment.

The event crop is 6 hrs. There will be opportunity for sale of poop. But have the feed already or try and mill it yourself. Those who buy it will be taken advantage of.

Good luck and ........ watch out for spotsbox with her chicken business antics.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  3. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

Task Numbers 7 and 20 offer a total of 20 Stars
    For 200 Pears and 15 Honey

Doc425, KaiCat33, spotsbox and 5 others like this.
  4. Aetheria14

Aetheria14 Regular

So now there is a purpose to making spooky stables and workshops. With a whole hour of overlap between the two events, there is an opportunity to have them set up for harvesting for event drops. I wish I had seen that opportunity coming, instead I will be relying on crops and trees. The list of things to work on during Moonlight Madness just keeps getting longer.

Doc425, KaiCat33, spotsbox and 5 others like this.
  5. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

Thanks 12ss12 and Mir for the great strategys. I thought I wasn't going to be able to start on time but just found out I have the whole day to farm. :D I have everything I need so I'm all ready.
    19,250 of a 6 hr crop seems like a lot of junks to grow :sleepy: Think I might pick and choose my way threw...if my FOCD will let me ;)
    Good luck everyone :)

Doc425, KaiCat33, spotsbox and 6 others like this.
  6. farmer_broke

Banjoman, good accuracy. For those considering star cost alone, the most accurate way is to consider the cost of the total resources to get to the steps and then the steps themselves in order to approximate the true cost of the star. This is where the cost of the stars is cheaper for some than for others. (The inclusion of the cost to get there is not necessary in the FSQs.)

Take Mooboy for instance. First of all he does not need the stars. But considering all costs related to the stars, they are extremely cheap for him. Why? Because he has already achieved the cheaper stars and those which cost even more by doing the FSQs. One aspect for sure is that the availability of the star from the event will disappear. An advanced player so the importance is up to him, the cost is lower than others achieved, and the lack of effort will have minimal effect on his future playing preparedness.

But for a newbie these stars are very very expensive and are available at a time when they have the least. For a mid-level player the importance of the stars depends upon where they are in star cost list.

This is if a star is the primary focus. Some will get the stars anyway simply because they wish to do the entire event.

FYI, I picked up the 10 stars last event for doing nothing but giving maybe 15 minutes of mill time...... pretty cheap! Got anymore?

BP inherited the star problem when they bought the game, continued it for a while, tried to phase them out, got customer resistence, implemented them again, found uses, ...... developers inherited the star problem and now they have to deal with it ... and the day of star use is going to come again just as it did with the rain forest.

PnP, please please and pretty please do not send that junk CAC. I do not plan to grow a single junks as part of my strategy.

(whispering to PnP: And don't tell Teddy, but a loan would be nice.)

7. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Actually, the spooky workshops can't be placed on the MM field o_O so no opportunity missed ;)

8. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

This I always agree and recommend. It will help you play for a long time in enjoyment. Atleast place one of everything(trees, pens, workshops etc) in the field.

Farmer_broke, as to your strategy for newbies as not to play this event, I couldn't add it in my first post because the strategy is how to play and not 'do not play'. I feel sad not to include it[​IMG] So you should excuse me. ;):p

Your strategy about market is good too. But That too couldn't be included in the first post. But I will take it to consideration to make some CCs because, I am nearing broke by buying that greylag geese and grape fruits. :D

(Teddy is tired from fishing...so he won't know[​IMG] )

My strategy for this game (as usual) is to try do everything. Do not strain your brain.

KaiCat33, Mooboy, spotsbox and 6 others like this.
  9. schlewi

schlewi Forum Apprentice

Good morning,

in the German Forum you will find a discussion about how to play the event without Grapefruit and breeding animals. If you want to, take a look here (post #3303 and following).

My English is not good enough to explain my plan to play this event exactly.
    But: I will light the candles first (1-2-3-4, 5-9-13-14-15-16-10-11-12-19-24-28-32-31-30-29) and then the rest for the cloudrow and some other things like the power-feed (17-23-27 and 22).

[​IMG]

This Picture is from teddyy . Source: here

Knowing me, I will play all honeycombs on this cake, only to get it complete ... it´s good when a plan works ... 8)

Greetings from Germany

IVANCICA30, Doc425, KaiCat33 and 16 others like this.
  10. farmer_broke

Thank you for presenting as you do as often as you do. I know the risks you take by doing so. I really like your strategy and with the assistance you provide I do not even have to find my brain.

I know you could not appropriately include everything and that's why I went the other way. I think it's time to begin a marketing thread again and get nearly all the cc making during events out of the strategy thread.

Thanks again for all you do for all of us.

11. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Thank you all for the strategy...

THIS event seems very complicated for my miniscule brainxD think i shall be head banging the desk for a lot of miss tooks

Have got everything but.... 15 grapefruit

What level do you have to be to grow grapefruit?

***And may the drop fairy be kind to us all in this event ***
    6 Hour crop means not a lot of drops

Forgot i had another thread below ...so had to delete it :( .... quickly before i got a smacking ...that would have been the icing on the cake and made my day LOL pity this event isn't as easy as thatxD
    Awww Arielh:( and well done for the 126 drops ;)

Awww Playful

Awww LDCrow

My Boo boo was not putting carnations out overnight ...also forgot about the event

***We have had our Boo's for this Event ...now things can only get better ;)***

Can i add my name now Illy for the SOS LOL

Happy Birthday Farmerama

Thank you Illy ..so i could be waiting all day then LOL and its a big help ... i don't have to keep looking for something i haven't got lol
    ***prays she gets a grapefruit in the next trees ***
    Good Luck Illy

Good Luck everyone

Doc425, KaiCat33, Mooboy and 5 others like this.
  12. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Hi Nellie. Sorry to say that Grapefruit is one of the newer rare trees only available through Wonder Trees (can't remember which). So the only way you can get them is by sitting on the market and pouncing! My strategy when I want something that everybody else is after is to go to the item before or after, for example, Grapefruit, and click between the two until a Grapefruit comes up. Of course, the downside(s) to this is that you could be waiting all day or you could spend far more than you intended (especially if you click on a high quantity offer!). Oh, and you have to be really quick! :eek:

Hope this (sort of) helps! ;)

Edit: SOS thread created - SOS Piece of Cake Drop Items/Pastry Bags

Everything crossed for you Nellie. Good luck everybody!

Doc425, tlcmom, KaiCat33 and 9 others like this.
  13. meba091

meba091 Forum Veteran

I am only a small dog.... but I'm working really hard to grow bigger...but a Lion King you say?:eek: I don't wanna be a king!!!! No no no noooo.... I want to be a Queen!8) lol
    Thanks for providing the mkt strategy Broke! I'm eating it raw...just like a lion:p

I think it would be really great if you created a marketing thread :)

I already have a question for you about the breeding goose not really being part of the easy and quick cc making - you suggest dumping them only to depress prices. Why?
    I make easy and quick ccs dumping them at very high prices.. So tell me why that's not good? :)
    I bought up about 150 recently and those are the ones I'm now selling making BIG profit!

If you open the marketing thread I will copy this post and fly it over there and delete this one, so we don't disturb the strategy discussions for the event.

14. playful123

playful123 Forum Pro

big goof of the day cleared 3 fields of raspberry 15 min before event forgetting it started today :cry:

KaiCat33, 12ss12, spotsbox and 4 others like this.
  15. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

:cry:ouch playful... Don't worry you are not the only one doing something like that today.
    I planted my 5 seeds in big fields and in one middle:eek: because I had the harvester helpers and I thought I only had big fields in the Glade but I didn't.
    Nellie Noodles I didn't forget this event but I didn't see the MM:eek: I saw it now 10 minutes before the end:cry:

I got 126 drops!

KaiCat33, 12ss12, spotsbox and 3 others like this.
  16. alexis2112

alexis2112 Forum Pro

136 drops with my overnight crops! Of course, now that fields will be torn up to plant the interminable chick peas, the drops will plummet with 1k drops to go.

First set of seeds planted in 4x4 fields, with everything I can throw at them. The first 90 should be ready to harvest/replant just before work. And the race is on!

Thanks for all of the continuing suggestions for how to get through this birthday cake maze. :inlove:

Good luck, everyone, no matter what your style of play. :):)

Doc425, KaiCat33, 12ss12 and 5 others like this.
  17. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

My boo-boo is that when I cleared the last of my trees and stables this morning I forgot to plant the event seeds. Filled up all the new empty space with 8 hour crops. I'll have to wait another 2 hours before the crops I planted yesterday are ready to harvest. So much for getting a jump on the event. xD

Doc425, KaiCat33, alexis2112 and 6 others like this.
  18. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

120 pastry bags on first harvest of carnations/ginger, not bad:); now on to chickpeas.

Everybody have fun and best of luck to get those prizes you desire!

Doc425, KaiCat33, alexis2112 and 6 others like this.
  19. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

I will not be near a computer or a wifi source tomorrow.
    Can anyone tell me how long the Chickpea event crop will take using CFs... with and without water?
    I need coffee...

20. Aluntino

Aluntino Board Analyst

Banjoman,

Without water, 24 hs. With it, 19:12. With it and manure, 17:16:48.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.