Piece-of-Cake Strategy

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Jan 25, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

Even got some screw up
    I used up CAC, so I decided to eat one when I harvest the event crop,
    But I just forget it. I discover it only after I harvest my second round of main field event crop.
    that's 40 2X2 event crop with SSG on. the frist round I only got 70 seed. I still don't notice anything wrong.
    Just thought that I had forgot to add SSG on my ten seed.
    OK, Then shock to find I only got 280 Chickpea o_O
    I click my left icon, yes, nothing on diamond slot!
    So, I know that i had not eat any CAC, lucking I still had 2 field not harvest. immed eat a CAC.....
    So far, I still got enough Chickpea to fill all my field, they will be overnight crop as it's quite late on
    asian time zone.

the drops look good, I got 195drops at this moment.
    OK, time to go bed.
    Hope everyone done fine~

IVANCICA30, Doc425, Willow and 12 others like this.
  2. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Oh, dnin, so sorry for your error:(! I've done the same myself, more than once :wuerg:. Chalk it up to fatigue, you'll recover in no time:). Great drops, by the way!

Planted carnations and ginger overnight, longest MM crop (glow mold, I think), and left quite a few trees out on Baha & rain forest, total tally of drops so far is 211. Some of those came while nursing my event seed crops, but as I was using short time crops in the other fields, only a small handful, so I'll guesstimate drops from overnight to be roughly 200, which is more than I normally get.:inlove: All mainland fields and one Baha planted in chick peas, will have enough to start milling chick pea liquid in less than 3 hours. Plan for now is grow the event junks for now, switch to long overnight junks about 2 hours before bed, and try to reach the necessary junks amount as quickly as possible, since may not have a lot of time online Thursday or Friday (MIL turns 90, gonna par-tay!:D Well, get together to celebrate, anyway:inlove:). Banjo, could you make sure to post your drop rate from the comfort fields here? I may decide to try that if going to be unable to harvest all day.;)

IVANCICA30, Dienstag, Willow and 8 others like this.
  3. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

If I have plans and all the goods to unlock all the tiles does it make any difference as to the order I do so after I unlock the first candle? Seems to me that I should be able to just unlock it all and then only have to work on the other candles or am I missing something?

IVANCICA30, Doc425, KaiCat33 and 5 others like this.
  4. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

It might be worth using powerfeed to half the time of the workshops (???), but consider carefully.

5. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Did a lightning planting of event crops. 2x2 ordinary fields with water, supergrow, manure and suzy's. Did 3 rounds of harvest.Unlocked all the tiles marked red in Mir's diagram. I made my way through my right side tiles. Now have to mill the required items for other tiles. That's possible only after the next harvest which will be tomorrow. Having a hectic work schedule tomorrow. So will be free only in the evening. Meet you all tomorrow evening. I know many of you would have progressed a lot by then.All the best.

Off to bed now... Good Night/ Have a good day....

IVANCICA30, Willow, KaiCat33 and 8 others like this.
  6. Tribeca

Tribeca Forum Greenhorn

Hello, again:
    Oh, my dear friends, iam in a trouble again: I posted your calcs we must get in order to complete this happy event. I wrote it in the forum I used to read trying help someone there but now Im worried thats why I translated
    PASTRY BAG meaning a useful tool (bakery-craft)used in cooking or cake decoration using some kind of cream, merengue...,
    This image
    [​IMG] pastry bag manga pastelera or cookies box...this is the question​
    En TODA España its wellknown as "manga pastelera" but they decided called it cookies box, i agree if they like but now iam suffering a lot of jokes, some ones are funny but not always where the opinions became...no want to say
    So confused, worried, sad due the possibility of me being pretty wrong, perhaps a terrible mistake which make them laugh of me, all except me of course

What does PASTRY BAG truly means?
    My Best regards all

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  7. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

@Tribeca

In the English Language:

A "pastry bag" is used in baking. It is commonly used in decorating cakes and cookies.

A "cookie box" is used to store already decorated cookies.

8. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

@LDCrow It doesn't make any difference in which order you open the tiles but the Candles have timers on them allowing you to 'blow them out' multiple times gathering extra prizes. Hope this helps :)

IVANCICA30, Doc425, KaiCat33 and 6 others like this.
  9. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

Thanks JJ, there were just strategies for order of opening the tiles based on working around some of them. Just made me wonder if I was simplifying it too much.

On a side note am I the only one that finds the idea of a meringue made out of chickpea liquid and carrots kind of disgusting? Glad I don't have to actually eat any of this cake. xD

IVANCICA30, Doc425, Dienstag and 12 others like this.
  10. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

LDCrow - xDLOL....maybe since it's January...and many of us have started diets:music:...perhaps BP didn't want the cake/meringue to sound too yummy as to make us hungry for sweets! :p
    Well I've pulled all my trees(except grapefruit) from Baha, which I hardly ever do, to get these chickpeas going!!! 19,250 of a 6 hour crop is a ton.o_O But... I guess I can't complain. We haven't grown an event crop in a while.
    Good luck to everyone!!!;)

11. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Tribeca i Hope you aren't sad because of what i had written ?

What i said ...was because I have never heard of a Pastry bag either

We are icing a birthday cake with meringue ... so where does Pastry even come into it ?

Please don't feel sad (((((((((((hugs))))))))

Here in the UK it it isn't called a pastry bag ...it's called an icing bag ..

We roll pastry here with a rolling pin to make pies and tartlets LOL

***Question... can we use 1x1 to grow chickpeas ? what makes me ask is they come in 2x2*** which only make 7 chick peas ...with one 1x1 makes 4

IVANCICA30, Doc425, KaiCat33 and 4 others like this.
  12. Shiny.Sparkle

Shiny.Sparkle Junior Expert

Woody, thanks for the suggestion. I may use that as a last resort if my timings are off but hopefully it won't be necessary to use PF to get truffles. Maybe I'll get really lucky and score a few in the market. :p

13. farmer_broke

In the US I have seen the same shaped "pastry bag" called an "icing bag." It has the same use.

An item of the same shape but typically much larger and stronger is used in the masonary industry.
    In concrete work the bag is used to fill small cracks and joints.
    It is often used in tile work in applying the grout between the tile.

The "pastry bag" or "icing bag" has different style tips available to make different shapes on cookies and cakes.

In masonary work there are different size tips for different size spaces.

The shape of the bag is the same yet the size of the bag and durability of the bag does vary. Some are made of paper, plastic, or canvas.

IVANCICA30, Dienstag, tlcmom and 10 others like this.
  14. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

I have 4 fields, minus the Baha Rainforest, with the event crop. I will be using CAC on those 4 fields and my computations show that I will need 8.3 harvests to get the required 19,250 Chickpeas for completing the entire event. That was until I realized I will not be near a computer tomorrow all day, so I will be putting in CFs before I go to bed and watering them. Will give an accounting when I do get back on quantity and amount of drops.

IVANCICA30, tlcmom, Willow and 7 others like this.
  15. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Tribeca, please don't be sad for trying to help others. If some decide to ridicule you for it, that's their problem, not yours. Your heart was definitely in the right place, and that's what really matters. You're welcome to come here any time you want; we love to laugh with each other, not at each other.:inlove:

Last edited by moderator: Jan 27, 2016
    IVANCICA30, Doc425, Dienstag and 12 others like this.
  16. Tribeca

Tribeca Forum Greenhorn

Than you very much
    A pastry bag never can be confused with a cookies box/bag
    But I feel so sad that all your help doesn´t help me to cheer up, im down. Never again I'll posted in forums again
    By the way i prefer stay here with all of you , read all things you write and laugh your exceptional sense of humor.
    Thank you for listening me
    Thank you for all
    See you later

17. farmer_broke

@Tribeca

Nice to meet you and please come back. Cheer up! Post in your forum but come back to see us. We understand your English.

When you come back, please bake us some cookies.

Question? Do you know what a mud pie is?

How do I say it in your language?

18. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Awww bless her :( wonders how cookie box even came into it

LOL... LD Crow ... No i wouldn't eat it either ewwwwwwwww

Breeding my last Greylag Goose ...YESSS:)

Doc425, Aetheria14, KaiCat33 and 4 others like this.
  19. dafodily

dafodily Forum Duke

LDCrow just remember this birthday cake is for the farm animals ;)
    Ours is the giver item :music: Much tastier and no calories xD

Doc425, Dienstag, Aetheria14 and 9 others like this.
  20. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I do not know why the called in Pastry Bag, for us Brits...we call it Icing Bag lol. It nice to have a Good amount of Pastry Bags on my first harvest got 205 of Them.

FYI you will be needing 19250 Chickpea if you Hoping to unlock all six candles, All Four Givers + Cloud Row + another 3 Duplicate Cloud Row Givers too !!

It was not Surprising that Greylag Geese have been sold to over 300K in my Market so i sold some for good CC, but will have to Breed Few Geese to Get 8 Greylag Geese to unlock Tile 16 to get 5 Golden Bananas !!

Banjoman..... Comfort Fields does give you more Drops than using a 2x2 Field but it does takes 4 times longer to Grow Crops Though the down side it will slow down your Drop Rate of Many Needed Pastry Bags as you unable to reap you Farm on Regular Basis it cannot be helped when we get too busy at times. As you not have Rain Forest, it gonna Take a Fair bit longer to reap all the Needed Chickpeas

The MM event has not helped to Speed up Growing Chickpeas as it virtually Depleted Markets of Manure, so many of you will be effected to be able to reap Chickpeas sooner using Manure. Plus during this Event Manure will pretty soon will get very expensive to buy.

That is why i am using all Fields 1x1 Lucky for Me I Eaten Enough CAC for MM and Birthday Event 4 days worth. So be able to Grow all Chickpeas needed to complete this Event. I Hope we all get a Good Drop Rate of Pastry Bags while reaping all these Junk Chickpeas I would prefer to reap Animal Stables which is not Junk !!! xD

Yes Broke i am Star Hoarder as got 4360 stars plus quiet a few Farm Quests still to complete mostly Breeding Quests !!! It Just Keeps getting Bigger and Bigger xD

Doc425, Aetheria14, Willow and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.