Piece-of-Cake Strategy

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Jan 25, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

I think that would be because in the US, it is commonly used for all types of pastries, of which cake is just one type. I suspect you could find some kind of French connection there.. as in a "pastry chef" versus a "plain" baker.

Not going to investigate further right now, though. lol

2. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

A lion queen huh....lololol ...

To answer: When Market Lion Kings move to this stage there are other concerns other than selling. We love to have others stuck with high priced items they will loose on. If barns are full some will sell their high priced junk at the end of the event. And we give them what we want them to have only to have listings in other areas of the market for them to spend with us anyway. We get it back and reap profits in other areas. We know we cannot stop the market but we sure can limit what is made.

You will sell all 150 first level breeding goose and it can be done quickly. So will the Lion Kings. Then we play those who do not know how to play lettuce and carrots with far less cc investment risk.

Lots go on in the market place that farmers cannot see.

PS (Carrots are not giving the actual cc return as the breeding goose but the % return is much higher and at this point that is what one wants.) There is only so many I can sell in a day though. I'll max it while I can. And the day of the carrot is not over either. Mills have not begun to replenish their rabbit feed which they cannot keep up with due to events. And horse feed in barns is falling awfully fast. And surely BP has the mill subscription ad ready. And the Lion Kings are ready to play it too!

Mooboy has more stars than some have lettuce.

3. CylentLea123

CylentLea123 Old Hand

wow 4360 stars!!! That is a lot!!!
    Can you pass a few 100 my way? ;)
    On a side note, I feel so bad for Tribeca.
    Imagine grown people laughing at someone over a silly little mistake like that!
    they should be ashamed~
    Tribeca, you are always welcome to IGM me.
    Hope to become friends :D
    and that goes for everyone here too .....

Now for my question...Is there any craft products we can use to grow these crops faster? I am using CAC but out of supergrow

Dienstag, JJenks, Aetheria14 and 9 others like this.
  4. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Getting a late start on the event:sleepy: I won't have time to grow another round before bed so will hope to catch up tomorrow....

5. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

Unfortunately no crafting products to speed things up. Will just have to be patient or spend lots of RL money on SG.

I actually cleared all my fields and I pretty much never remove trees for events. Still I needed to make some changes to how I had things set up and sometimes that's easier to do if you just clear decks first.

JJenks, Cassie101, Aetheria14 and 9 others like this.
  6. FarmerMolly22

FarmerMolly22 Exceptional Talent

Oh my word, I'm so confused that I think I will just get the event plant started... I seem to have all products required other than that .... and perhaps if I collect my brain here....... soon I can figure this out. Nothing looks like candles, nor do they exactly look like tiles...... but I will grow the event flowers and mill what is required and hope ..... beyond hope..... that my brain functions again.

Aetheria14, KaiCat33, SimBoo and 6 others like this.
  7. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I know it is a 'no-no' not to plant a long crop overnight so we can get drops but I have 200 from the day's harvest so will plant what event crop I have overnight to try to catch up my seeds. Good luck everyone and thank you to those who put the strategy together so I could copy it! LOL I haven't fully decided whether I will do all the sections or not even though I have everything. I really hate parting with my breeding stock but I did sell some grelegs for 279k each.

JJenks, meba091, Cassie101 and 12 others like this.
  8. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

So Far I have Managed to Unlock 5 Candles Except for Top Orange Candle, Which i hope to unlock on my Next Harvest, Hoping to Get Enough Pastry Bags to Mill Chickpea Liquids !!

So I have Unlock Bottom Orange,Right Blue,Right Red,Left Blue and Left Red Candles so Far. All these candles takes 8 Hours for Candles to be Re Lit. When you get to this Stage we have to try Log In every 8 Hours otherwise so that we can Maximise amount of rewards we can get from Candles during remainder of this Event ! ;)

Dienstag, JJenks, Banjoman and 8 others like this.
  9. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Way to go Mooboy![​IMG] You'll finish with the event crop in no time!

I've somehow managed to mill enough chick pea liquid to make meringue to light: bottom orange, right blue, right red, and left blue candles, and now have raspberries planted overnight. I would normally plant carnations, as they usually drop higher and I have the refinements for them, but I want to build up my stock of berries so I can work on refining them, too. I've also completed all the tiles that don't require meringue, once I get the top orange candle lit I'll grow junks 'til I can mill enough liquid to open the left red candle and the rest of the tiles.:)

Dienstag, JJenks, alexis2112 and 8 others like this.
  10. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

I, like Mooboy, have unlocked the 5 "easy" candles and have collected on the first one twice. Did all the "non" meringue ones as well. I don't plan to use two precious meringue ones for the "sticker". Drops seem to be okay. Have planted longer overnight crops so grow chickpeas and mill will be the order of the day tomorrow.

JJenks, marymac50, Banjoman and 7 others like this.
  11. playful123

playful123 Forum Pro

why do u need chickpea liquid to make meringue i thought was made wth sugar n egg whites. sounds sicking to me. :wuerg:

12. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Thanks all.. especially mir and 12. Thanks to mir's diagram, I have most of the non-meringue tiles open, plus 2 candles.

13. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Ya know, I know I'm a little broke and ah lot slow but

For the life of me I do not understand why I need to take the market limo full of strawberry and rhubarb.

All that's needed is a handfull of each.

This is just reeeeeeeeeeeeee diculous.

And it's not even my birthday.

KaiCat33, Brookeham, LDCrow and 5 others like this.
  14. dnin21cent

dnin21cent Forum Baron

overall, only left the top orange candles, need to got it through 8 orange meringue,
    5 red meringue.
    that use less drop as the other directon need 10 blue meringue &. same 5 red meringue.
    except greylag, all other stuff finished.

Just see OA : BBD on thursday. OK, it now had a little more temptation for me to breed it.

15. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

The cost of 15 grapefruit:eek: are they made of gold ...213,905,70:eek:
    will find away to get round of NOT using them xD
    I think Farmerama must be selling them at the price they are lol

Strange thing is ...i apparently have five grapefruit ...it's says on the tile o_O
    don't know where they came from ...if i have the tree as yet haven't found it lol

And why the hell did i put elephant feed in the mill ...have never known anything to be so slow as this mill .... be quicker using me mortar and pestle Grrr

Bangs head on desk

So far i have only one candle alight .and that isn't alight anymore i blew it out ... every time i go to make something i have never got enough to make anything ...
    ALL my fields are covered in the event crops in 1x1
    Think i must be doing something wrong LOL ....IF i ever get to the end of this event ...i will be mighty shocked ;)

Number 4 on my cake wants a red meringue ... on the chart i have... it has an orange ring around number 4 :eek:
    Have 5 red meringues and it only wants 1 and it wont let me open it ...does this need chick pea liquid as well ?
    If it doesn't then there is something wrong with my cake... ok think it does xD
    Got 17 minutes to find out

Think Farmer Brokes... selling his junk might be a better option then this lol
    Problem solved ;)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    KaiCat33, Brookeham, LDCrow and 7 others like this.
  16. Arrouquelas

Arrouquelas Forum Inhabitant

I didn't have a late start, but I definitely had a late understanding of the event due to RL chores... :(
    If only I had the time to read the strategy thread before delivering goods to the cake "beehive" I would maybe have chosen the short path in the beginning. Instead, I still haven't been able to open the "banana" candle. Mostly because I was surprised by the mechanics of the event.
    But I must say I kinda like this event! :)

Unfortunately, RL this week won't make it easier for me, so I have to grab all I can, which I'm afraid it won't be much.

Anyway, good luck to all and a lot of GB's to all!!

Oh, almost forgot: Thank you for my 2010 Birthday Bonanza, Farmerama and HAPPY 6th ANNIVERSARY!! :D

EDIT: And thank you all that contributes for this strategy thread!!!:inlove:

17. alexis2112

alexis2112 Forum Pro

Wow ... endless 'junks' to grow. I unlocked the first orange candle and the red candle on the lower left, and everything else that didn't require meringue - so the easy part is over. Now it's endless growing chickpeas and milling meringue if I want the cloud row, or to get to that elusive last orange candle.

Digging in to do more ploughing!! Hope everyone is meeting their goals. :)

18. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

I lit the last of the candles this morning and have the last CR item, Blow them Out and CR to complete the quest. I will then go for the 3 extra EP/CR items. But, Who in their right mind would grow junks for a Sticker???

19. alexis2112

alexis2112 Forum Pro

Well I wouldn't have paid for the sticker, Banjoman, if I'd realised I could still get to that first blue candle on the bottom right by circling all the way around to my left. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20, so 2 red meringue down the drain.

But on the bright side, all candles now lit except for the upper red on the right and the orange, and all of the non-meringue squares filled in. :)

20. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Well, for once I was ready! Activated a 24 hour Harvester (all functions) on both farms yesterday morning as this would be active for my early morning start today but didn't harvest much yesterday morning, apart from my MM crops planted last MM {which I couldn't harvest on Monday cos I was working} ... and before eating CAC on this farm ... first mistake!. Then, a bit later, miscalculated the time on Chevrefeuille and planted MM crops to finish just after the end of MM finished! Second mistake! o_O

So then I decided I would get organised just before the event started. Ate a Fruit Cake and used a bunch of Sweet Innocence, activated the Flower/Event CRs on both farms, the Chestnut CR on this farm. Even remembered not to send gifts (could this have been a third mistake?) Not too bad methinks, apart from getting distracted just at the appointed hour but only for a few minutes! Looking good so far huh? :)

First seeds planted on both farms, all nuked and ready for picking in just over an hour. :music:

Then the internet went belly up! Thought, oh well, it'll be okay in a while. Oh, no ... 22 hours later it came back! :cry:

So I am a little behind but I should be okay. Drops are just a tad above the estimated daily requirement and once I get the crops done, I will put trees and animals back in. I am not at all worried, uh uh, not me! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.