please do something to improve gift and trade

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by Lea2191, Mar 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Yes, I 100% agree with the idea of being able to hover over a deco item and see it's worth

2. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

One thing I have found with G&T is that on the rare occasion I actually make a trade, it isn't always direct. Say there is a trade listing where I can receive X in exchange for sending Y. But I don't have Y. There is, however, a listing where I receive Y in exchange for sending Z. So I make the trade where I deliver my Z and receive Y, and then use this Y to trade for X.

The trouble is, in order for this to happen, I need to follow these steps:
    1. Find and open listing A offering X for Y (on, say, page 30)
    2. Close listing A and scroll through pages 1-60 (for example) looking for listing B in which I can receive Y in exchange for an item I already have.
    3. Perform the exchange stipulated in listing B.
    4. Scroll back to listing A on page 30.

This all assumes that there are just two trades involved. But I may need to perform another trade - trading item A to get item Z, which I can then use to get item Y, which I can then use to get item X.

If, on the other hand, we could save listings, this would avoid having to do all the scrolling. Say I saw listing A and felt I had a chance at pulling some strings to get the required items, I could simply "star" listing A and add it to a shortlist. Then, when I find the item I need, I can go into my shortlist and be taken straight to listing A, without having to find it again.

Edit: Interesting. I didn't post this suggestion here. Apparently a mod has moved it. I find that strange because it is a completely different, unrelated suggestion to the original one in this post. I kept it separate for a reason. Hopefully it isn't subsequently ignored.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    alpenliebe likes this.
  3. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Like elimeno, I gift my neighbors all sorts of things, all the time...and I am especially generous with lower level neighbors. So with regards to G&T, I browse the offers, and I sometimes make offers that seem lopsided. I do this on purpose. I doubt I am being taken advantage of because the offers are for things that older, experienced farmers don't want, won't use, etc. This most recently ended G&T I made trades of red and pink chicken egg coops. I have egg trees. I'll NEVER EVER use them. But, to a new farmer, they can be a real boon. I didn't trade for apple trees, but I did trade for things that they might have won on the party wheel and not have a need for, but I could use (or donate to San Gigantica Express - something I would be loathe to do with a red or pink workshop upgrade).

Also, nowadays, during G&T I find myself making multiple trades to actually get the item I want/need. Just as squigglegiggle has mentioned above me. I don't necessarily have a problem with this...but it can be hard to find and figure out. Not exactly sure that BP can do anything about that, though.

Since I do still have the one baby farm that I'm playing daily, I can tell you that G&T is still a valuable event for the beginning player. That said, the things that beginning/newer players need and cannot get through G&T are the givers for cloud rows - the flower collection, birdhouse collection, mythic collection. They aren't giftable or tradeable. I know that sometimes BP has had sales of them and I suspect that's why they aren't included in G&T...but darn, it would be nice for a beginning farmer to get those CRs up and running. Another thing that seems to not be giftable are charged givers. You can gift/trade a discharged giver, though.

As for Howie Donuts...every now and then BP has a sale. So there is that for any farmer needing one (or more). Yes, I realize that there are many farmers who never spend any money on their farms. But, I also think that if a farmer is going to be that frugal, then those farmers, no matter how long they have been playing, understand that it is unlikely that they will get those items from a seriously lopsided trade during a G&T event. And as for new players not knowing what Howie Donut is or does - hah! All you have to do is look at the tree of wisdom and/or come here and peruse these forums. Come on, not everyone is inept at figuring things out, just certain DumBunnies.