Polar Party

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by habalala, Dec 7, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

I need 3 more slushies to finish, which I'm sure to get with the next/last harvest. I already have enough crops for today's cookie thief, but I'm short about 100 muffins! I already did a lot of breeding, trying to finish getting circus pandas for Castles in the Sand. Over 500 pandas and didn't even get one - and that was with a head start!

I got a late start and missed the entire first day! So, I'm realizing that that Cookie Thief doesn't get me much since I missed the first one and can't get the cloud row!

I send a drinking straw or two your way Squiggles.

imalattanhalka and joanc123 like this.
  2. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

You can miss the first day and get cloud row. You can get 2 of each giver in this event. Only one of each is needed on cloud row.

3. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks for this. I don't really like breeding outside of BB either but I have nearly cleaned myself out of SG (trying to do some fast longer crops this morning) and have a depleted stock of BBs due to using them to finish the last one that needed drops so I may as well breed to get these drops and keep the few remaining BBs I have! :p
    I don't know why I feel I must finish everything but it's just the way I am! :music:
    Good luck all! ;)

Edit: Sorry, I got confused (no change there then!) - I was talking about the daily event above. I did finish the Polar Party event yesterday but I don't know how I managed to get all the drops. I think I started with something like Hydrangea but after that it was just the event crops. 8)

I will try and remember to send you Straws from my three farms tomorrow. Squiggle. It does seem that you have been very unlucky with drops. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  4. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Thank you to all who have offered to send some straws. I used up all my PF breeding (outside of BB) to try to get a few more. Managed about 9 from 40 breedings. It's been a struggle for sure!

5. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I was getting 2 from Main farm and 5 from Magical glade BUT I had lots of green water so I was harvesting every 1:16 min for the 1st day then just did event crops with water and manure lol I have VERY good neighbors and friends who also sent straws every day! :) Good Luck squiggle. I will send you a straw tonight :)

Nala777, imalattanhalka and joanc123 like this.
  6. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

Squiggle! Only 9 from 40 breedings? that also is horrible! I'm sorry the drops god has not been with you for this event. As soon as my gift giving renews, I'll be sending you a straw. I wish we could send more than one to a single player. I have some neighbors that NEVER gift and I would much rather send to you.

BUT a big thank you t o the few neighbors I have that are very generous. I am very grateful to you.

farmerumf and joanc123 like this.
  7. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Demigod

There are probably a fair number of farmers who finished as much of the daily quests as possible (thanks to FEOCD).
    If you missed a giver, post a request in the next G&T. :)

sanddollar15 and Nala777 like this.
  8. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I got last straws today and I finished daily quests. Now I placed workshops to all areas, while we are having happy workshop day. Price of manure is high.

sanddollar15 likes this.
  9. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

Thanks for the information!

I always appreciate the information and answers to concerns that are given here. This section of the forum is absolutely the one that I visit the most often. I appreciate all of you so much!

Now I am off to complete some lessons in Duolingo. I am learning German there as part of my COVID activities!

sanddollar15 and farmerumf like this.
  10. squigglegiggle

A big thanks once again to all who have helped with straws. I should finish on my next harvest, though may need one more to get the last few straws (if previous drop rates are to be assumed). I am so grateful to all who assisted!

Edit: event done, with a huge thanks to all those who assisted with straws. With my star coins I purchased 5 piccolo boxes, 3 1hr harvest helper coupons and 12 PF. I was also able to open up two more sections of the lighthouse. Only opened one piccolo box so far, but that got me a flower bouquet which gives me 30-odd 1hr harvest helper coupons, so I've got a whole month worth of not wasting hours in the morning to harvest!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Nala777 and sanddollar15 like this.
  11. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I missed first 4 Cookie Thief Daily Quests due to stress moving into new home etc

I only Managed to do Quest 5 and 6 got the Cloud Row, I will need help of the remaining givers in next B and G Event I would be so grateful
    Polar Party also completed too :p;)

mindy1701 and Nala777 like this.
  12. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

So glad you were able to finish squiggles! I could not figure out how to send you a straw! Can someone tell me how o gift someone who is not a neighbor. I have some non-neighbors on my list, but can't remember how they got there!

squigglegiggle likes this.
  13. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I wonder if there is a change in drop rate. This may be late, but I just noticed that trees give straws better than plants. I have just 12h XXL cherries and walnuts in space I couldn't put workshops and they gave more straws than when I only had plants.

sanddollar15 likes this.
  14. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Send them a message, then go to Outbox, tick beside their name and then click "add as a friend" and hey presto. Plus, they usually are at the end of your list so easy to find. :)

Of course, their names move later so another way to find them is go to "Friends" in message system, click "Friends", then click the yellow arrow above the list and it will put them in alphabetical order - it always has names starting with symbols at the start. If it is someone at the end of the alphabet, click the little yellow arrow again and it will start at Z. :music:
    Finally, if you want to send someone more than one gift and you are very BB rich, you can send up to their daily quota for BBs. :D

Nala777 likes this.
  15. squigglegiggle

The intent was just as much appreciated, whether it came to fruition or not!

Solatido and Nala777 like this.
  16. _Crispini_

_Crispini_ Forum Apprentice

Finished! I had the same problem with straws that everyone else had, and resorted to breeding. Interesting observation about maybe straws dropping more from trees. I did not do the timed quests because there was just too much to keep track of between that and the Polar Party!

sanddollar15 likes this.
  17. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Interesting thing about this particular event - I had two of my baby farms do a little of it. There was no way they could do it all - but they were both able to garner enough star coins to get the 1x1 giver and a couple other little goodies.

Sometimes it's okay to just do what we can and call it good enough. This was certainly the case with this event.

18. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

There was no change in drop rate as far as I could tell. Early in the event, I harvested basic 20h trees on both available fields on a low-level farm without trophies and received 100+ straws from a single harvest. 2 harvests with the same setup a few days apart brought me a total of 217 straws on that farm.

I first heard that trees were giving far more straws compared to crops on day 2, and watched many farmers on other forums complete the event with ease after switching to trees. It's almost as if experimenting with different tactics and choosing the right strategy for your farm is part of the challenge with these events. ;)

sanddollar15 likes this.
  19. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

Thanks Illy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.