Pool Shark Stories

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by SahraB, Jul 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

[​IMG]

Starts: Wednesday, 22nd of July at 14:00 CEST
    Ends: Wednesday, 29th of July at 14:00 CEST

--->> FAQ <<---

Event Crops:
    Pool Noodle
    Time:
    7 hours
    Plantable on the event playfield only!

Floaties Flower
    Time:
    6 hours
    Plantable on the event playfield only!
    Every player will get 25 Pool Noodles on the event playfield which are ready for harvesting, at the beginning of the event.

Drop: Swimming Cap
    You will get these drops when harvesting your crops on the Main field only!
    You have a high chance of receiving 1 Swimming Cap with each breeding process completed.

Star Coin
    You will get these drops when harvesting your trees on the Main field only!

Note: No Crafting Buff effects the event plants (Pumpkin jam, Carrot-apple chutney or Crop Buffs won on the Farmwheel). Only EP Buffs effect this playfield.

The First Area (1) has been unlocked and the first crop is ready to be harvested. You need to unlock Areas 2 & 3 by donating Swimming Caps to clean the pools to gain more space for growing crops.

Required:

* Pool Noodles
    950* Floaties Flowers
    160* Swimming Caps

Good luck all!​

Mooboy, Lyddy, Brookeham and 15 others like this.
  2. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Thanks SarahB. I am going to have to set my alarm for 1am to make that 1st harvest. And it looks like it is going to take a while to get that 2nd pool open.

3. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Thanks for starting the thread, SahraB!

Since this is supposed to be a strategy thread, here's my thoughts on this event, strategy-wise:

#1 - it's on the event field. Do what you can, earn what rewards you can. You don't need to worry about green goo or propellers...can't be used. You don't even need to use a CAC...just plant, water, poo, and harvest every 5 hours! Set your alarm, if you must, to harvest in the middle of the night (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't - depends on how my day went).

#2 - because this event also involves drops from main field crops and trees, every night, I'll be putting in as long a crop on the main field as I can, and yesterday, I loaded my main field perimeter(s) with trees. See what you're low on and stock up!

#3 - Because the event field does not use CAC, NOW is the time for THEME farming days! Use the Paradise Garland, Hibiscus Jam or Tropic Colada and fill every field you have with the same type of plant - flowers, veggies or others. Reap the extra crops while you can!

#4 - I've also put out extra animal pens. Not for the poo (with only the event field in use, likely prices will stay low), but to stock up on animals - again, check your barn, put out the pens for whatever you're low on.

#5 - I realize the folks who run things at BP won't leave well enough alone, so in a day or so, I fully expect another event to be slipped in, so do what you can on your fields now...at least until the other shoe drops and we have to change it all up again.

And remember, wait an hour after eating before going swimming!

marymac50, Cassie101, Lyddy and 13 others like this.
  4. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

Am I sensing a BBD this weekend (or sooner) ?
    My main field is covered in high EV XXL trees.

Lyddy, joanc123, -Pameland- and 6 others like this.
  5. ctindaldavies

Thanks dumbunny. Out of curiosity, what is the current low price on your market for poop. I have a strange market. It was strange many years ago, and I was surprised to see the same saboteur still playing. However, prices for everything seem rather high.

6. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Prices on my market #13 are running around 400CCs, on market #9 (sewinglady's farm) they are much higher, running around 900CCs.

And yes, prices for just about everything have gone through the roof. My suggestion is to sell rare tree fruits (you can do the quests later, they don't go away) and colored animals (same thing as tree fruit - the quests will still be there). You can never have enough CCs.

joanc123 and KaiCat33 like this.
  7. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

hi Fellow Farmers:)

Thanks for some pointers dumbunny, my belated condolences for your beloved mum ... Hugs.....

I have unlocked Areas 2 and 3 of 160 Swimming Caps phew no more swimming caps needed

I used hydrangea with 5 Howie's for 149 Swimming Caps

I put in a mixture of Super Trees and Jumbo Trees with High EV XXL Trees they will stay during reminder of this event reap as many star coins as I can and enjoy your spends in event store

Hammy The Hamster :p word of advice do not donate too many event crops cut yourself short

Yeah lovely CAC Holiday As we can stock up our farms for August Breeding Event of.Fish, Sharks,Bees,Butterflies and Mammals ideally High Ev Mammals my old Market player Broke:D

if some of you may not know me I use to post alot of strategy ppostings in the past Happy Farming:D:D

8. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Nice to see you around these parts again, Mooboy! And thank you for the kind words...it's been a hard summer between losing Mom and the COVID... I'm back to sewing masks fast and furiously. Working on an order today for a wedding - so they'll all coordinate...wondering if this will be our future - coordinating masks with wedding dresses and tuxes. Heavy sigh.

And thanks for the reminder that once we get the other pool areas open, we no longer need to accumulate swimming caps - although the extra EP and CCs won't hurt...

Cassie101, joanc123 and Sue46 like this.
  9. ctindaldavies

Its about 700-800CC on my market #8.

Rare trees? xDxDxDxD Surely you jest. Bahaha. I'm only just getting some. I got an awful lot of Tulip trees (woo hoo, not) from the wonder trees I managed to get in the last 10 days. So my stocks are non existent. Got enough CCs for now though. I thought I would get rid of a few pheromones today, only to find my listings from 2 days ago are still there, and the current price is 50% less. There is one particular farmer that drops their offers in at around 40% (and little little quantities), so of course the new offers come in under that to get on the first page. They did this from day 1 when the market went live and 10ish years later is still doing it. I don't care, if he wants to under cut my eggs by 3000, I'll just snap them up and resell them for a profit.

Wow mooboy, unlocked already. I woke up this morning and have managed to get the first area to 94/100. Now have to head out to work.
    So their "almost every breeding gives a cap" is rubbish. Out of the 3 lots I managed before I ran out of power feed it was 86% caps, 66%, and 76%.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Cassie101, zerodegrees and joanc123 like this.
  10. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks for starting this thread SahraB. Yet again, you clear a little of the haze away so I can understand what I have to do! :music:
    I started this a little late - shopping and power cut to blame! :wuerg: But I have managed to open the first bit of extra land. :p

Good luck all! ;)

joanc123, SahraB, Lyddy and 2 others like this.
  11. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

I have refined roses so decided to plant the whole field with 1x1, fruit cake, white innocence and supergrow and they were done in 11 minutes. Got enough caps to open everything. Onwards and upwards as they say.

joanc123, SahraB, Cassie101 and 3 others like this.
  12. ctindaldavies

*runs off to find out what on earth "refined roses" are. *

joanc123 and Cassie101 like this.
  13. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Just giving you time to get back into the game. How well I know the EVs. Preparing has taken a long time and was expensive but no worry now.
    For instance, the Butterfly (ev 280) and the Bee (ev 317) are arthropods.
    Unless they are specifically called for and not any arthropod (which seems unlikely) neither would be donated.
    Mir - the - drangonfly is an arthropod. The EV is 9,875 .
    Mir-the-dragonfly has 68,628 dragonfly friends on this farm. (#3 in the broke BAHA barn)

Yup, that CAC holiday is about all I see.

Best wishes to all working this event. The strategy here is to get the free CAC and stuff more leaves in ma pocket while sitting underneath the broke tree.

I needs to rest ah spell cause I'm just an ooooooooooooooooooooooold farmer nooooooooooooow. :)

14. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

It's all good as long as we're on this side of the dirt, Farmer_Broke... Having just been to my doctor and told I am not dying, now I have to actually figure out what to do with the rest of my life (besides, or rather in addition to, poking my farms)... Of course the trick is to not get the COVID... Oh and if you're wondering why I thought I was - panic attacks - or rather - "it's all part of the grieving process" Who knew the term "heartache" meant actual physical symptoms.

15. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

@SahraB Thanks for this thread. You must be very fast at reading through FAQs. Your dedication is appreciated.

When FAQs (Pool Shark Stories and Aqua Mania) were first released, it took me about forty minutes to thoroughly read through each and taking notes, as I gradually learned to to note-taking by engaging in events.
    Had to do good note-taking so I can limit my time of referring back to Event FAQs numerous times.

As Pool Shark Stories is happening on the Event Playfield, not taking away field spaces from other farm areas, I am just growing whatever is available there, no real aim at getting anywhere with Pool Shark Stories.

As suggested by fellow farmers, almost half of my mainfield is filled with nothing but XXL trees, no stables or workshops there.
    As some of fellow farmers may know, I am interested in the probability of the drop rate in accordance with EP harvested.

Today, harvested 62991 EP from XXL trees on the mainfield, received 11 star coins, which gives around a 5700:1 chance of getting one star coin from harvesting of trees.
    Compared to the data of the drop rate collected in the Football event, the probability here is so disheartening.
    I haven't even looked into Swimming Caps' drop rate as only harvested the trees, crops are still 'sleeping', probably won't be an optimist result there either.

I think I am done with my curiosity of drop rates. If the event requirements are reasonable, and that I can get enough drops in time then I will play events, otherwise I am not too bothered with event playing. Just enjoying some free-play on my lovely virtual farm!

For those who are interested, I am focusing my time on building up my confectionery, made my first batch of Traditional Chutney yesterday, now I am sitting around 700pts in Lv3, a long way to go to produce CAC on my farm.
    This is my game goal presently, so I don't squander the accumulated hours of CAC from my generous fellow farmers.

Congrats to those who are achieving your goals with this event.
    Best of luck to those who are attempting this event.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  16. Banjoman

Click just to the right of the Water Tower of the Event Field. Nice Touch !

17. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Been there, done that, not in a hurry to revisit. Continued thoughts and prayers. {{hugs}}

Congrats Lyddy on your first chutney! :D Won't be long at all and you'll be churning out your own CAC ;).

CT, welcome back, nice to see you again! Refinements are done in the farm house, they provide advantages for each plant refined. My personal favorite is carnations, really helps when get behind on drops, or events like this one, where we need different drops.

What happens if you click there? I tried, and nothing happened. :(

My strategy for this event was the normal. Stumble along and learn as I go :wuerg:xD. I hoard all the trees and stables I win in events, so I put out my main field full of saved mystery trees. Harvested first thing, then did enough rounds of instant carnations (for CT, that's carnations with chestnut CR, water, poo, SG, PPP, white innocence, source of life and essence of life active on comfort fields. Grows carnations instantly, gives one drop per field guaranteed. :)) Opened all the pools, planted a long-ish crop I was short of since was going to be gone all day. Managed a harvest of event field while gone, then another when got home. Re-did plants on main as too tired to change. :p Today I put out another full field of mystery seedlings, plus some walnut XXLs, since I'm getting a little low. I am a bit disappointed in the drop rate for the trees, I only got 31 or 41 for an entire field, can't remember which, but doesn't seem like much, and those floatie seeds are hard to come by. Not stressing about this event, just do what I can and enjoy growing what I want/need. :) Will work on getting ready for next month's breeding - thanks for the heads up on which animals, Mooboy!

Mooboy, joanc123, Lyddy and 2 others like this.
  18. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Spots, do you have the sound on for your game/'puter? if not, turn it on, then click the little barrel of "poo" beside the water tower...

Banjoman - thanks for cluing us in...

Okay, does anyone else giggle when they add poo to the pool fields? I find this hilarious. Maybe I'm the only one?

One other thing I discovered today: on Sewinglady's farm, I needed to plan the circular floatie things. But, I accidently clicked the other crop, which that farm is done with. So I deleted the crops...and apparently also deleted the invisible (or nearly so) empty crop squares. So had to replace those in order to plant the round floaties. pfft. That took me a minute to figure out - I think I've decided that I don't like planting things in swimming pools.

19. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

Sorry, I don't hear anything? What is it supposed to be? Is it rude? xD

joanc123, Cassie101 and 123Ghost like this.
  20. Banjoman

Mindy, Only in the morning and if you are not ready to get out of bed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.