Producer's Newsletter: February 2015

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by teddy.bear, Mar 5, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

Here is the Producer Newsletter for February 2015 - we hope you will enjoy it!
    q.png
    Hello Farmerama Players,

Welcome to another Farmerama Producer’s newsletter. This time I’d like to give you all an update on Coral Reef, Mill Redesign and address some of your feedback from the previous Producer’s newsletter.

First off, we really appreciate your feedback as we strive to make this newsletter more awesome. I want to start off by assuring you all that I, Varun, am still the Producer of Farmerama and have no intention of going anywhere else! I’m not exactly sure how the rumors started off on the forums but I assure you all that I’m very much here and I’m constantly reading the forums and I’m aware of your feedback.

In 2014, we focused on the community and laid an emphasis on player experience. Our current roadmap is primarily built around improving the quality of the game and providing you all a positive and rewarding experience. The valentine’s event was an experiment around this and the results have so far been very positive. I fully understand your complaints and I assure you all that we’re tackling some of the long term issues, one step at a time.

Development on Coral Reef has seen tremendous progress. I can safely say that the feature should go live and be available to all users in the near future. I’m still very skeptical about giving you all a definite date as we don’t want to make false promises. We continue to focus on giving you all a quality feature.

That being said, I assure you guys that the Golden Banana’s requirement is going to be very fair. It’s our wish that this feature is accessible by all players and we’ve put a lot of thought into what would be an ideal unlock requirement. You will be pleasantly surprised. You’ll also be happy to know we’re releasing a Bahamarama content update in March where your golden bananas will be much more valuable!

Regarding the mill design, the images we shared were mockups and there will be no balancing changes to any of the items in the mill. The core focus of the release is to make the mill more accessible and giving you all the much needed ability to queue your crafts. The images were purely a design preview :) .

We are also planning to rework gift and trade and you should see a new iteration of this early in June. We’ve also released some code optimizations which should allow us to run Renzo more often. The same plans apply to the much needed cloud row harvester and the storage feature we mentioned a few months ago. These items are currently being designed and will go into full development once coral reef approaches launch. I understand you’re eager to receive these features but we’re fully invested into doing these features right and would greatly appreciate your patience!

In the next installment of the newsletter, we’ll discuss our long term vision and experience for the game and our philosophy around it.

Thanks and we’ll see you in the game!
    Varun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.