puppiesnponies

Discussion in 'Players Introductions' started by puppiesnponies, Aug 25, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Oh, pnp, I'm so out of sync! I didn't even realize your mom had a stroke:(. I'm very glad to hear she's improving daily, and count it as a miracle that she was with you when it happened so you could get her help right away. How frightening that must have been for you, and for everyone in your family.:cry: With your love and support, tho, I've no doubt she'll keep recovering wonderfully.:inlove:*hugs, hugs, and more hugs* I didn't know she was a fellow farm family member, either, so glad to be able to offer prayers and support to her.:)

2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

These last couple of days have been very busy. We have invited Mom to live with us when she is released from rehab. We have been converting our front room into a bedroom for her. Sisters and their families helped paint, move furniture, hang curtains, brought meals, offered support and encouragement....the room looks very nice with Mom's belongings in it and I hope she feels very comfortable here. I am so tired and achy (I slipped and fell in the driveway) but the room is ready for her so I am feeling very content with the last few days' labors. I'm sorry to all my friends and neighbors who I owe IGMs and gifts to. I am going to be behind for a few more days....

3. baw815

baw815 Forum General

PnP, don't worry about it, RL takes precedence, ALWAYS.

4. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

pnp - Please do not worry about any of the game. All we all care about is you, your Mom and family. This is only a game...not a responsibility.
    I'm so happy to hear your Mom will be released soon. You are such a dear daughter to bring your Mom home to stay with you. But what else would we expect from you...such a caring, generous soul. I hope that the entire family will take shifts caring for your Mom. gentle hugs.;)

5. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

I agree with both baw and Brookeham! Come back to the game when RL lets you. Don't fret, we will be here. :)

6. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Absolutely all of the above, pnp! Get some rest, maybe steal a few minutes for a bubble bath to soak out those aches, and prepare for mom. We'll be here encouraging you both and sending lots of love your way.:inlove:

7. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Mom is first on the list, then you! The game will be here (and your friends) when you can get back to it! Blessings!:)

8. Erridge

Erridge Forum Expert

I'll be hoping and praying, that all goes well for you and your mom, pnp. :)

9. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Pnp, Sorry that you slipped and fell, I hope you will be ok, but happy to hear you have a plan for when your mom gets out of rehab, and that your family was able to help you get a room ready for her! :) That has to be a big weight off of you. My thoughts and prayers for you and your mom, and family. Prugs to all :)

10. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

I echo the above! PNP. this game will be here when you have time to come back! Remember to take great care of yourself, so that you can be of help to your Mama! Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

11. mingling

mingling Forum Baron

Naa, you need that soft hug to take a back seat, you need a bear hug.
    We think of you in kind thoughts, sweet ways and lots of warm wraps by the fire, take your time, we all will be keeping a seat for you both when you's be ready!

I know I might sneak over and mug some feed but pay me no mind!:music:

sanddollar15 and puppiesnponies like this.
  12. puppiesnponies

Thank you all for your continued support, encouragement, hugs and prayers. Mom continues to improve but still struggles with sensitivity to light, noise, and activity. She continues to battle headaches, fatigue, nausea, dizziness and her blood pressure rises to alarming levels. She has to sit or lie down in between therapy sessions, as well as tasks within sessions to bring her BP down. She needs a lot of quiet and the lights off to rest and help those symptoms. Dr says that the vision disruption is due to damage done to the blood vessels from the stroke and could take up to 6-9 months to heal. In the meantime, she tries her best and remains in good spirits. She is loved by many and has quite a lot of visitors and while all are welcome, some stay too long and she gets sensory bombardment. The team meets tomorrow so we'll see what the plan is then....

13. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

Glad to hear she is doing a bit better! A stroke isn't something you just bounce back from. Sounds like she's being a trooper and working hard in therapy! It'll be so great once she is able to move to your home and you can maybe control the loved ones' visits a bit better. Hugs and prayers continue!

14. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Glad to hear your mother's spirits are good and she is working well at therapy. The quiet times are a must for her healing now, and I'm sure her friends will understand the need to keep visits short if they are informed about the situation. 15 -20 minute visits seemed to work best for my mother in the months following her stroke; everyone quickly learned how to make a cheerful and graceful exit! Blessings to you and all your family!

15. puppiesnponies

Unfortunately, even though Mom expressed that she was tired and needed to rest, the visitors stayed too long (well over an hour). They just didn't listen to her. She has a sign posted on her door and everyone is ignoring it. Sigh. I was not there when it happened or I would have tactfully shooed them out the door.

16. GuineaUp

GuineaUp Forum Great Master

Remember it's still YOUR house and she is YOUR Mommy PnP... so YOU make the rules! Maybe it would help to cut down the visiting to only every other day for a while? Post a DO NOT DISTURB note on your front door and turn the phones off when she needs her rest!-.-
    Hope you get it worked out! I wish her well and a speedy recovery, and my best goes out to you too. Hang in there:)

17. puppiesnponies

Thanks for the suggestions Guinea. She is still in rehab (a hospital setting) but yes, things can be adjusted to be more suitable for her when she gets home. :)

blessedlady2 and spotsbox like this.
  18. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

Hello pnp. you and your mom are often in my thoughts. I am glad to hear your mom is progressing well. :) That is wonderful news
    . How are you doing btw? Hopefully you'll both be able to catch up on your rest. take care pnp. My prayers still surround you and the family.

19. lottidah

lottidah Forum Great Master

Hello Pnp, I hadn't been here for a long time and just saw your mother had a stroke. I'm so sorry. my father had one at 52 so I kind of know what your going thru. Make sure you take care of yourself both physically and mentally or you will be no help to your mother. I know you will take such good care of her. My prayers go out to both of you.

20. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

For your mother, pnp.

[​IMG]

Give mother our love and affection along with these flowers without disturbing her. Say we some of her unknown friends.
    And take care of yourself too.